Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I think he's pretty ruined in his highschool I think his love interest should to be an alien, but not of Roger's species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

And that's how he got together with Kim Kardashian.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The episode where Hayley and Jeff find a Lambo wheel has a pretty spot on impression of the Rock.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Ehhh, they still don't actually portray Debbie well. Like at the end of the episode there's the "you had me at lasagna" joke when she's reconciling with Steve.

I take this to mean their portrayal of Debbie as being overweight? I'm not looking to get into a big debate over this as I can see how someone would find the character to be distasteful or fat shaming. I don't mind the line personally, Debbie likes to eat, so do I, I can relate to it and it's not like that is her sole character trait. I've been watching 30 Rock recently and I'm curious if anyone found Liz Lemon's food obsession distasteful for the sake of comparison.

Also, I'm not looking to bring Debbie back, at least not as Steve's love interest, but I did enjoy her as a character. Steve getting a steady girlfriend could be interesting but his desperate horniness is a pretty fundamental aspect of the character.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
At this point I'd rather Steve have some female friends than girlfriend. I like the "steve is a sensitive goodboy to a humorous extent" angle they've been taking him in more than horny jerk steve.

Ali was one of the better-developed and characterized one-time pairings in the show, which is probably why she comes up in this thread more often than the others have. She'd be prime candidate to make a more 'regular' character at the school for Steve.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I actually think Debbie got worse AFTER her introduction episode, which was pretty good. Stan doing aerobics to Let's Hear It For The Boy will never not be solid gold. That song choice was absolute :discourse:

After that Debbie always came off to me as someone with lovely values as a person, like brow-beating Steve about taking the "moral high road" when someone is getting bullied, or thinking Etan was immature for getting upset about his Bar Mitzvah gifts being stolen (which is actually a totally fine thing to get upset about, even if Etan was a dick in that episode).

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 17, 2024

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I mean, she learns her lesson and even apologized to Steve for not realizing what it was like to have someone come after someone you care about, and in the other example the dude was acting annoying about his presents throughout the party, even before it turns out to be the money.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Neeksy posted:

At this point I'd rather Steve have some female friends than girlfriend. I like the "steve is a sensitive goodboy to a humorous extent" angle they've been taking him in more than horny jerk steve.

Ali was one of the better-developed and characterized one-time pairings in the show, which is probably why she comes up in this thread more often than the others have. She'd be prime candidate to make a more 'regular' character at the school for Steve.

bring back Spitz (from Top of the Steve)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LGD posted:

bring back Spitz (from Top of the Steve)

Too bad she has her own show, Top of the Spitz.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Levin posted:

I take this to mean their portrayal of Debbie as being overweight? I'm not looking to get into a big debate over this as I can see how someone would find the character to be distasteful or fat shaming. I don't mind the line personally, Debbie likes to eat, so do I, I can relate to it and it's not like that is her sole character trait. I've been watching 30 Rock recently and I'm curious if anyone found Liz Lemon's food obsession distasteful for the sake of comparison.

Also, I'm not looking to bring Debbie back, at least not as Steve's love interest, but I did enjoy her as a character. Steve getting a steady girlfriend could be interesting but his desperate horniness is a pretty fundamental aspect of the character.

Maybe but it's also an aspect of his character that has been pretty much completely used up so it's time to do something new

Neeksy posted:

I mean him getting a permanent girlfriend would be a good way to permanently put away "horny jerk Steve"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

'Horny jerk Steve' hasn't been a thing for a couple seasons at this point anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think every joke in this clip hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpamqbr3ync

I like the Boatman.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
the best thing would be if steve got a girlfriend, but she's religious or whatever so she doesn't want sex till marriage. so he's still virgin steve but also in a relationship, and he can maybe slowly run the bases but maybe not.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nah just let him have sex, just don't make a big deal out of it

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Steve's not a virgin anyway

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Steve's not a virgin anyway

Exactly so why hold back?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Oooh, key party on the roof!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FireWorksWell posted:

I'm rewatching Fellow Traveler and noticed that Freddy Underwood was the name of one of his earlier personas, and Freddy introduces him to "Grandma Macadoo" which was the name he gave Francine in his Baywatch opening credits parody.

E: Oh, these are all different persona names he's taken on, neat

That's honestly a really cool bit of lore that implies a lot of Roger's persona names come from people he's met in is incredibly long life who were important to him.

I wonder if he'll have a persona named "Francine Smith" in the far future.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
There's never going to be any kind of female companion for Steve. The gay jokes with Snot are too important!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think he should develop a close group of female friends who all assume he's gay and with Snot, and he has to decide between playing up the gay to keep the friends or

ah gently caress nevermind it's the roller derby episode with a different color scheme, nvm

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
What happened to Akiko?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Zero One posted:

What happened to Akiko?

Didn't she start dating a 10 year old because he was such a good dancer?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

limp_cheese posted:

Wasn't that before the episode with the spelling bee, where they deadlocked the competition as they tried to let each other win?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

limp_cheese posted:

"Doug's NINE!"

Her last speaking role was the spelling bee episode where they finally got together.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Somehow that's very Steve. Finally, successfully get the girl and it gets quietly written out without explanation. Even Steve doesn't know why; he just has these painful thoughts at night in bed he can't account for.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brawnfire posted:

I think he should develop a close group of female friends who all assume he's gay and with Snot, and he has to decide between playing up the gay to keep the friends or

ah gently caress nevermind it's the roller derby episode with a different color scheme, nvm

I think at that point he'd just start dating Snot, it's not much of choice it's more like just having it all

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Snot's funny but man is he not bf material

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The power dynamic is just too uneven. Who knows what Steve would make Snot do for Steve Bucks if they started dating.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
IMO this was another case of ruining the joke by showing it. It was far funnier when they mention that Klaus wiped Hayley on the court because your brain starts going "What? HOW?!"

AD doesn't do it too much and is all the better for it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Normally I'm on tell don't show myself but for whatever reason the quick cut cracks me up every time.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

yeah, it works for me because they just drop it in there really quick

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think it's funny since the context is her memories coming back to her and it's like "that's what was important?"

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Blonde Haley ain't bad

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

You're always the one that frees the whales Roger. We talked about this with our therapist. We were supposed to be the one doing the dance off but noooo. Here we are, freeing the whales again..

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...91c689207a3321&

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Blonde Haley ain't bad

I know a blonde Hayley irl and that episode...... makes me feel a kinda way.

I don't know if it's a bad way or a good way. Probably more bad than good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Season 5: ‘Jack’s Back’

Hayley: I just don’t want to flunk out of juniorcollege.
Klaus: why? I think you’d make a wonderful pharmaceuticals sales rep.

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Some kid watching AD on the train. I couldn't be sure it was an Actual episode until I heard Francine's "Milk? That's far less disgusting."