Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

CLAM DOWN posted:

I want to light you on fire.

Frickin do it nerd. You won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

AnacondaHL posted:

I didn't even want to post my 1:00 video because upon review I already saw ways to improve it.

You are a formidable foe, goonsir.

Post it so I can do it

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Fuzzy Butt posted:

I'll give you a hint:

loving hacks mate, that ain't fair at all

Baron Snow posted:

Cletus, can you post the Pro WvW Command video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5YKXyrJhGM

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I got on the Maguuma TS earlier to join a zerg, and that's basically what the commander sounded like. With less cool accent.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nice head

This dude is pro as gently caress and should lead raids tbqh

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

I keep expecting him to just shout "GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!"

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
OOOOLEEEE OLE OLE OLEEE

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

knowonecanknow posted:

Post it so I can do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pceh6fo2ITQ

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

use a speed booster

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

must be nice having mushrooms activate the instant you jump on them

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Hey I just bought you and this is crazy but here's my lumbar, macaw me maybe

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Where's the cheapest place to get this game that is allegedly a garbage flaming trash heap

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Bob NewSCART posted:

Where's the cheapest place to get this game that is allegedly a garbage flaming trash heap

G2A was the cheapest for me to get the expansion. The base game is free!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Miftan posted:

G2A was the cheapest for me to get the expansion. The base game is free!

I preordered the game and got to like level 20 something on a warrior and a guardian and intermittently played since, but now I want the expansion so I can get the master blaster elite class specializations or whatever the gently caress

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

I preordered the game and got to like level 20 something on a warrior and a guardian and intermittently played since, but now I want the expansion so I can get the master blaster elite class specializations or whatever the gently caress

Have a shop around. As I said G2A was the cheapest for me when I got it last week or something.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Miftan posted:

Have a shop around. As I said G2A was the cheapest for me when I got it last week or something.

Reseller sites are notoriously shady as gently caress. If you care about games and game devs, please read http://blog.indiegamestand.com/featured-articles/steam-key-reselling-killing-little-guys/ before supporting those sites.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

mike12345 posted:

Reseller sites are notoriously shady as gently caress. If you care about games and game devs, please read http://blog.indiegamestand.com/featured-articles/steam-key-reselling-killing-little-guys/ before supporting those sites.

I wasn't actually aware of that, thanks.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Bob NewSCART posted:

They put the fire out and replaced the garbage with classy neighborhood stuff. :allears:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1RYSy55KtA

Fuzzy Butt
Jan 8, 2009

(not a furry)

AnacondaHL posted:

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Going to have to call it a tie for now. Actually, I never thought I'd be able to take 5 seconds off my original 1:03. Good fun, thanks for the push. :wave:

tor_blackblood
Feb 14, 2012

Where death seems to dwell...
If Maguuma is full and I can't login to create a character, does that mean I am hosed and can't play with goons? Or do I just need to wait/play on a different goon server? I am brand new to GW2 and don't understand poo poo.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

tor_blackblood posted:

If Maguuma is full and I can't login to create a character, does that mean I am hosed and can't play with goons? Or do I just need to wait/play on a different goon server? I am brand new to GW2 and don't understand poo poo.

To play with goons in World vs. World, yes, you would need to be on Maguuma. For everything else: Running around the world, dungeons, fractals, raids, whatever it doesn't matter what server you're on. I don't know how much gems/money it costs to transfer servers nowdays but keep it in mind before you make a choice.

tor_blackblood
Feb 14, 2012

Where death seems to dwell...

Pesterchum posted:

To play with goons in World vs. World, yes, you would need to be on Maguuma. For everything else: Running around the world, dungeons, fractals, raids, whatever it doesn't matter what server you're on. I don't know how much gems/money it costs to transfer servers nowdays but keep it in mind before you make a choice.

Alright then. I'll just roll around in the starting area for a bit and re-roll my char later tonight on Maguuma hopefully.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

tor_blackblood posted:

If you played the free version before buying, then you get a free server transfer.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Are characters bound to server or account?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
They're bound to account, and the account is bound to a server. So when you pay for a server transfer you're moving all characters on that account to the server.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Miftan posted:

There's also DLGamer, where you can regularly get HoT keys for $35, and is an official ANet partner (ie the keys are more or less guaranteed to be legit)

Only thing with DLGamer is that they're French (ie they don't have US Business Hours for customer support) and you have to jump through some security hoops for keys, so don't expect it to be "click button, get key."

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 7, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Anyone find an effective method for grinding central tyria exp? Obviously doing a bit of everything will get it, but is exp weighted heavily to any particular category? Heard fractals kind of stunk for it and I want to get autoloot.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Is it possible to solo unlock the guild hall?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Anyone find an effective method for grinding central tyria exp? Obviously doing a bit of everything will get it, but is exp weighted heavily to any particular category? Heard fractals kind of stunk for it and I want to get autoloot.

Does the cof grind still work? It's do Cof1, get to the brazier part, stand there and kill charr for ages to get xp fast

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Eltoasto posted:

Assuming they haven't changed it since I did it, I think the ideal way is to get a group, pop an experience booster, birthday booster, lunar new year firework, strawberry ghost, etc and hit up the Citadel of Flames farm. Path 1, get up to the part where four people need to simultaneously stay near a flame door so the fifth person can damage the door -- Instead of doing that, just have one person do laps to trigger the domes and the mobs they constantly spawn while everyone else burns down the enemies. Repeat forever.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I had assumed they had fixed that, will have to check

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

I finished all the Central Tyria masteries by just doing my daily Fractals on a regular basis

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Magres posted:

I finished all the Central Tyria masteries by just doing my daily Fractals on a regular basis

Best way imo

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Magres posted:

Same, if you want to keep your sanity just do the daily high level ones.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I really like farting around in the Silverwastes and I'm currently completely full on exp for all my tyria masteries. I just need like thirty mastery points now.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

ceaselessfuture posted:

I really like farting around in the Silverwastes and I'm currently completely full on exp for all my tyria masteries. I just need like thirty mastery points now.

Same. I keep switching masteries, but they're all maxed soon. I've started looking for ways to disable the XP bar, apparently ICM does that. (because iirc it keeps flashing once maxed)

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I did the cof p1 grind with a few anet devs on the 2nd day of HoT who were "researching" the method to full mastery completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

• Locked thread