Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The correct handshake is matching what the other person does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Intruder posted:

what if the other person does the same?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Anyone whose handshake is limper than mine is a coward, anyone whose is firmer than mine is a sociopath.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

no that's the next step of the escalation

Look at this newbie in the doofus alpha male emasculation world

Lol if you don't go for the killing blow

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bad Moon posted:

Lol if you don't go for the killing blow

you only finish an adversary you respect with a swift and decisive blow

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

fsif posted:

Anyone whose handshake is limper than mine is a coward, anyone whose is firmer than mine is a sociopath.

I'm talking about when someone doesn't even close on your hand, just puts it out there limps and let's you clamp down. I never do the mongoloid crush of a hand, but gotta have a fir clasp.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Is this what Parm's gimmick would have turned in to if the Chiefs were perpetual SB winners?

I've never gimmick posted or lied I don't think. If anything you get the filtered version of me.

Neil Armbong posted:

I'm talking about when someone doesn't even close on your hand, just puts it out there limps and let's you clamp down. I never do the mongoloid crush of a hand, but gotta have a fir clasp.

Absolutely pathetic. I have no respect for men who do this

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Interesting trivia bit

Professional Wrestlers greet each other with very gentle handshakes to indicate that they will not try to hurt each other

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm at some stupid career fair thing at a church and holy poo poo this place has a literal mall inside of it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Those limp fish people, what happens when they try to shake each other's hands? Do their floppy, lifeless mitts just sort of gently bump each other?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Those limp fish people, what happens when they try to shake each other's hands? Do their floppy, lifeless mitts just sort of gently bump each other?

They exchange a glance that could only be described as electric and break out into a cool multi-step handshake that only the ultimate humans know of

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

what if the other person does the same?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

just grab the genitals of the man who you are greeting

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol if you don't pee on the leg of every person you meet

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

fistbump hard enough to shatter bones
high five strips the skin from their palm
turn your honorable bow into a crown-shattering headbutt

just do the aussie headbutt greeting, grab the dude by the cheeks and clock your noggin against his. loser is the one that passes out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

lol if you don't pee on the leg of every person you meet

Just got limp marked. Firm urine a must. Sad!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

looks like my diablo 2 inventory lol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JPrime posted:

just do the aussie headbutt greeting, grab the dude by the cheeks and clock your noggin against his. loser is the one that passes out.

Don't try this with women. Every time I have they get lost in my eyes and start trying to make out with me. Like lady I'm just trying to say hello

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

swap out your topaz circlet of the badger in favor of a citrine cirque of the mongoose, imo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

just grab the genitals of the man who you are greeting

What if you get confused easily and are Donald Trump?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Leperflesh posted:

swap out your topaz circlet of the badger in favor of a citrine cirque of the mongoose, imo

the other day I found more inventory screens at the art museum

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'll have to check my photos but I'm pretty sure it was one of the Chicago museums we went to last summer that had a pretty cool collection of armor from Persia and the middle east

e. yeah, Art Institute of Chicago.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 25, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

the other day I found more inventory screens at the art museum

Hell yeah

I hope they have archives like the Higgins Armory did.

Spent a few months carefully unpacking and photographing hundreds of pieces of japnaese arms and armor for them because for every piece they had on display they had two hundred in condition ranging from why isn't this being displayed to shameful.

Do you know how loving annoying it is to photograph a pike and a tiny rear end helmet clasp in the same setup?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Diqnol posted:

Just got limp marked. Firm urine a must. Sad!

he has the stream pressure of babbling brook. i prefer people who pee bigly on the legs of those they meet.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

but if you're both constantly adjusting you end up with a zeno's paradox of handshaking.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There was a China exhibit at the Field that had some badass weapons too:

Chrome plating from 200 BC!

e. this dagger was at the art institute:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 25, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Actual museums in china are the most disappointing poo poo in the world since they had a uh little cultural thing way back when.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I listen to a science podcast and one of the guys is a paleontologist and mentions sometimes that Chinese museums have poo poo loads of fossils just lying around in piles uncatologued

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

I listen to a science podcast and one of the guys is a paleontologist and mentions sometimes that Chinese museums have poo poo loads of fossils just lying around in piles uncatologued

I was in Shanghai as an art student for some big cultural anniversary thing and we got to go to all of their museums with custom tours and poo poo.

The museums themselves are structurally unbelievable. Just nuts architecture.

The exhibits are incredibly underwhelming. Basically they have entire teams in west china digging up and bringing everything they can find and putting it in a museum. It's almost all vases. I remember someone telling me that in china it's less important that this is the actual thing v. its important that something like this has always been here. So they you know rebuild entire sections of the great wall for the tourists. But that might just be stupid westerner talk.

They did have a perfect to scale model of the city of shanghai at one place, relentlessly attended by like four or five people that updated it every day. It had cranes and everything. It was remarkable.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Bad Moon posted:

At least they haven't started grinding them up for boner pills.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

What podcast? In the need for more interesting podcasts about pretty much anything

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Haha in a way, game recognize game but deep down honestly dude that would ruin my year. I take handshaking incredibly serious. I shake hands with people at work who I've known and see all the time regularly. Including my dad every time we see each other. My grandfather is 87 years old and we were recently talking about shaking hands and how little respect we have for men with spineless wormy handshakes, he vividly recalls specific handshakes and compliments he's gotten in his life and prides himself on still having a strong grip to this day. Guys got a hammer. Big into handshake culture. It's hereditary I suppose.

Also, guys with soft hands. Soft hands on a man makes me feel contempt. No callouses = no respect

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Also, guys with soft hands. Soft hands on a man makes me feel contempt. No callouses = no respect

Hey come on. Even when I was doing blacksmithing, my hands refused to develop callous, the blisters would just harden, peel off, and then I'd be back to my amazingly supple norm.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Looks like someone's mad that they can't be a hand model...

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Hey come on. Even when I was doing blacksmithing, my hands refused to develop callous, the blisters would just harden, peel off, and then I'd be back to my amazingly supple norm.

I'm not saying you have to have the hands of an auto mechanic, but if your hands are softer than the girl I'm dating, then you're not a man

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm not saying you have to have the hands of an auto mechanic, but if your hands are softer than the girl I'm dating, then you're not a man

Idk I moisturize to fight the calluses from lifting so maybe you wouldn't think my hands are manly but I'd outgrip you

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
my hands....are small, sturdy, and powerful, like a female gymnast

post your hands

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I mean I sit around typing for a living now and my hands are quite strong, but my skin is supple and refuses to develop callous so welp my genetics mean I'm not a man :shrug:

e. my wife brings me jars to open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ugh it gives me the willies just thinking about baby soft hands on a man

• Locked thread