Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deadwing posted:

Roll a hunter

Or this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I've been seriously considering it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

MIDA was my favorite gun in D1 because it let me pretend I'm good at PVP and I am glad I can continue my delusional power fantasy in D2.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm real glad that because 69 dudes will be pro trials players streaming to a big audience, the 901,488 of us that just like to play a quick card when we don't have real life to worry about for a few hours have to sit through a 4.20 minute intro for each match.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hehe 420

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also I have waaaaay more trouble actually seeing dudes in D2 than I did in D1. Anyone else notice this?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also I have waaaaay more trouble actually seeing dudes in D2 than I did in D1. Anyone else notice this?

Like in public events?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Norns posted:

Like in public events?

What are those?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You're using MIDA for 3 years.

I'd still be using Thunderlord if it were in the game.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Turn on your monitor.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hulk Krogan posted:

Turn on your monitor.

just lol if you're not playing destiny 2 on a triple digit wide projection TV in an industrial kitchen

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Think that's mostly due to everyone using glow in the dark shaders and ornaments in d1, while everyone is still kinda plain in d2

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
cuboid aru supremacy

fight me

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

I loved MIDA something fierce but that poo poo should have died with D1.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I work until mid evening every night but Sunday, does the raid still have bookmark points like the Taken King raid did?

Also, is there a list of the exotics offered during the main questline?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Father Wendigo posted:

I work until mid evening every night but Sunday, does the raid still have bookmark points like the Taken King raid did?

-Sunshot or Riskrunner or Graviton Lance
-1 armor (don't remember all 9)
-Post-campaign quests for Mida, Rat King, Sturm unlock automatically

I think that's it?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There's also the Legend of Acrius. You have to complete the raid to get that.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mill Village posted:

There's also the Legend of Acrius. You have to complete the raid 26 times to get that.

Enjoy!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
that poo poo is definitely bugged

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I don't get why people are saying there's a big grind to level alts. I hit level 20 at like 240 light, then I got on my main, bought a chest piece for the alt from Xur, put my strongest guns in the vault, switched over and equipped them, slapped mods on everything that could take them, then turned in the exotic engram for beating the campaign and that alone brought me to 270. Then just turn in faction rewards and weekly stuff, boom, 275.

I probably got a little lucky with my drops, but it doesn't seem necessary to grind out public events or anything.

Granted playing through the campaign again is a bit of a chore, but at least it's over relatively quickly.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

that poo poo is definitely bugged

Report it to poz-chasers dot net

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I just looked at the guide for that and I'm not sure if its even worth doing. Get multi kills with a shotgun that has to be reloaded after every shot? I think I'll pass.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I don't get why people are saying there's a big grind to level alts. I hit level 20 at like 240 light, then I got on my main, bought a chest piece for the alt from Xur, put my strongest guns in the vault, switched over and equipped them, slapped mods on everything that could take them, then turned in the exotic engram for beating the campaign and that alone brought me to 270. Then just turn in faction rewards and weekly stuff, boom, 275.

I probably got a little lucky with my drops, but it doesn't seem necessary to grind out public events or anything.

Granted playing through the campaign again is a bit of a chore, but at least it's over relatively quickly.

Honestly I haven't touched my titan at all because I don't want to do that stumbling scene after getting booted off the tower again.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
lmao it takes like 5 minutes tops, do you all have parkinsons or something

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Father Wendigo posted:

it does but there's some wrinkles to it-

the raid has a sort of 'hub' structure to it. After completing a section you return to the hub and do that bit again to open the door to the next section. When you load back into the raid you redo the hub to get back where you were.

OR

there is a hidden lever puzzle that leads to an underground maze of tunnels that will get you where you need to go, skipping the hub. Although you have to beat each section of the raid to be able to access it from the maze, of course

for exotics:

hunter armour:
arms that ready sidearms fast PASS
legs that give bonuses to handcannons GOOD
chest that improves pole dance TOP TIER

but xur is selling the chest right now so there's that

warlock:
helmet that gives ability regen GOOD
chest that makes you float while aiming but only for dawncaller MEH
grenade arms for dawncaller OK

xur is selling the chest right now, helmet is only option for non-dawncallers

titan:
assault rifle chest GREAT
captain america punch arms GOOD
electric punch arms PASS

xur is selling the shield bash punch arms right now, but the chest is probably the best from what I've heard, haven't made a titan yet.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 15, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

The intro to this game is complete poo poo

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 15, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

Seriously, and im pretty sure there's no way to fail the segment either

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, it's just boring enough that I don't want to bother

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Some of the set pieces are really nice. But yeah the campaign isn't phenomenal or anything.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Legs Benedict posted:

tbf it's like 20 mins when you factor in the first tutorial mission and the part where you chase a bird and punch dogs. It's not that bad but it's pretty silly that they don't let you skip that once you've beaten the campaign once.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd like an option like Diablo. Just let me skip all the story poo poo and level on adventures and public events or whatever. At least once you did the campaign once.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

I don't get why people are saying there's a big grind to level alts.

Because you are going through the campaign instead of actually doing a fun thing such as playing Destiny 2.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Does the reward system for Trials work the same as D1 where you only got a set of drops on your first set of wins? Or can someone that runs several Trials runs gets drops everytime they run it?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
If anyone on PS4 is up for the nightfall, hit me up, TOO_MANY_TOILETS.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

limaCAT posted:

Because you are going through the campaign instead of actually doing a fun thing such as playing Destiny 2.

Yeah, the dropoff in fun for Character 2 was so severe that I'm just not planning on playing the third character until they give us the Insta-20 Skip the Campaign Item in 6 months.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dollas posted:

cuboid aru supremacy

fight me

I'm liking Uriel's Gift more, TBH. I'm running it + Nameless Midnight for PVP.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah, the dropoff in fun for Character 2 was so severe that I'm just not planning on playing the third character until they give us the Insta-20 Skip the Campaign Item in 6 months.

I leveled all my Destiny 1 alts with Sparrow Racing so I guess wait for that

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for. Also thanks to the other guy upthread.

Incitatus posted:

If anyone on PS4 is up for the nightfall, hit me up, TOO_MANY_TOILETS.
If you're still looking for someone on Sunday, Ill be on at reasonable hours.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

limaCAT posted:

Oh no I get that part, I mean when you're done with the campaign people are talking about spending hours grinding public events to get from 260 to 265 and poo poo.

edit: also random aside, but aren't region chests supposed to respawn at some point? It's been like 4 days on some of them for me, I thought people said they popped back up every 2.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Oh no I get that part, I mean when you're done with the campaign people are talking about spending hours grinding public events to get from 260 to 265 and poo poo.

Alts level insanely fast after the campaign/level 20, even with the cross class armor restriction.

Slap on your main guns. Level blue armor drops to 265+ via drops while doing public events and strikes and poo poo. Then once you plateau, do a powerful engram activity. Repeat leveling blues until you plateau. Do another powerful engram activity. Repeat.

My alt was higher than my main by the time I finished the weekly powerful engram drop activities.