Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I enjoyed the message toward the end of the recent Off Book episode admonishing toxic fan culture.

Also I enjoyed that they put lyrics to the sad LOST song. That'll win me over every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What'd they say

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
They didn't say it they sang it. It was just two separate songs about fan complaints against shows they love. I believe the chorus was "Thank you for anything at all."

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Ego Nwodim just liked my tweet reply to Scoop Troop regarding the subliminal messaging in this week's HH :3:

I made it, boys

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Seaniqua posted:

Ego Nwodim just liked my tweet reply to Scoop Troop regarding the subliminal messaging in this week's HH :3:

I made it, boys

how about u come back when you get a rt and knock it off with the ‘everyone gets a trophy’ liked my tweet bullshit ya bish

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My brother has listened to CBB forever and loves UTU2TM and somehow, even after me talking about it probably incessantly over the years, had never listened to the ADPPP :psyduck: I forced him to subscribe the other day and didn't hang up the phone till I heard Dalton Wilcox.

He thanked me this morning :)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Threedom is absolutely wonderful and I laughed throughout.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I thought it was good as well, but I like them at least acknowledging some loose structure, even if it is one time bits/games

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bill Carter's website is still live :allears:
http://trainerforthestarsseekingstars.org

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Natasha Leggero has been doing fill in hosting on Who Charter. Worth dipping back into that pod if you're into it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Enjoying the ADPPP ghost tours a lot, but about halfway through it's the lowest ranked of the new eps for me.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Overall I had been feeling like this season of ADPPP just wasn't living up to the original.

Last night, during my 3rd listen of Bonanas for Bonanza, I realized I was probably wrong about that. (Bonanza, by the way, seems like a great television program.)

(Oh, and the Away Luggage ad from this week's HH has been pulled from the version on the Earwolf site.)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

feedmyleg posted:

Enjoying the ADPPP ghost tours a lot, but about halfway through it's the lowest ranked of the new eps for me.

I felt the same but then Mary Holland showed up at the end. She and Lauren were hilarious (as usual)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Another AYTREMREME, another Scott gets molested story.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was catching up on the HH Pro Version and I still love Hayes calling things a nonce

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

JethroMcB posted:

Overall I had been feeling like this season of ADPPP just wasn't living up to the original.

Last night, during my 3rd listen of Bonanas for Bonanza, I realized I was probably wrong about that. (Bonanza, by the way, seems like a great television program.)

(Oh, and the Away Luggage ad from this week's HH has been pulled from the version on the Earwolf site.)

Bonanas for Bonanza was absolutely fantastic, and I think Terrifying Edinburgh was pretty good, but I wasn't super feeling The Pee Tape, and I forgot to listen to Driving and loving, so I'm still out on this season. But I think it's still very much worth listening to, and am enjoying it while I still have me $3 year of Stitcher Premium.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I think the problem with The Pee Tape was the same I had with Eye on Theater, where Don just works better when people are revolted by him instead of just being gross with him.

I think this season is on par with the first one. There were episodes of the first season I didn’t really listen to more than once and that I never see get brought up, like Chip Gardner or Danny Mahoney or even Hot Dog.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Senator Giroux posted:

I think the problem with The Pee Tape was the same I had with Eye on Theater, where Don just works better when people are revolted by him instead of just being gross with him.

I think this season is on par with the first one. There were episodes of the first season I didn’t really listen to more than once and that I never see get brought up, like Chip Gardner or Danny Mahoney or even Hot Dog.

I enjoyed the Chip Gardner one, and Hot Dog was enjoyably pathetic, plus it had terrible australian accents

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Maybe the landlord guy should’ve been a camera guy who is horrified as to why he’s been asked on the show. The contrast between Dalton Wilcox and PFT is the best part about Bonanza.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

I felt the same but then Mary Holland showed up at the end. She and Lauren were hilarious (as usual)

Agreed. That was maybe some of the best (worst) accent work I've ever heard.

:same:

Still loved it though, because I love Dimello, but he really shouldn't be surrounded by lecherous men. Or, if he is, there should be some innocent there to be horrified by it all.

And yeah, Bonanza is the best so far this season, but that's not really a surprise since Dalton Wilcox is just always magic.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Eye on Theater had Marissa Wompler there to offset Don, Mal and Falcon, which turned out to be a great character pairing.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Maybe the landlord guy should’ve been a camera guy who is horrified as to why he’s been asked on the show.

The funniest moment in The Pee Tape was Pepitone's reaction to learning about foie gras.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

JethroMcB posted:

gently caress I missed it :(

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Magissima posted:

gently caress I missed it :(

It was still on the version on Spotify when I checked yesterday.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
where can i post mp3 clips ive clipped the ad
e: Deleted Away Luggage Ad

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 30, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looks like Threedom ep 1 just got added to at least CBB and Lauren Lapkus’ shows as I just got notifications for it. Useful for those without Stitcher Premium.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The Away Luggage ad is incredible but it's not surprising that it was pulled.

Can't or won't?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's weird I'm pretty sure I downloaded the episode from the Earwolf site on Tuesday and it doesn't have that ad

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
God dammit. It sucks that they cut that. It's peak HH.

You're a hero, GobiasIndustries.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I dont know why they cut it, the boys were just talking about an unnamed celebrity :confused:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I want someone to make an animation out of this, ala.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

edit: i re-listened to it that was a good ad.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
LMAO. This ad is phenomenal. I'm glad they could shell out for one luggage for one host.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Is it “worse” than 4hims? I feel like that’s the most contempt I’ve felt for an advertiser in quite a few years

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
hahahahahahahahaha holy poo poo. now that’s an insider’s guide to kicking butt and dropping names

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno how long it's been up but I just got a new ep of Off Book on iTunes saying it's going behind the paywall. The first few eps are still some of my favorites and they're still available so download now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Threedom was worth it just to learn Lauren's real first name (look it up) and the fact that she's never heard the term 'sick bay'

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GobiasIndustries posted:

I dunno how long it's been up but I just got a new ep of Off Book on iTunes saying it's going behind the paywall. The first few eps are still some of my favorites and they're still available so download now.

The earwolf twitter account dropped an image the other day with a huge amount of shows going behind the paywall, I’m pretty sure Off Book was one of them. I’m so behind, but I also have Stitcher premium. And laziness.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Teenage Fansub posted:

Threedom was worth it just to learn Lauren's real first name (look it up) and the fact that she's never heard the term 'sick bay'

Dorthea Lauren Allegra Lapkus

lol

yeah, Lauren works. though being named for an allergy medication works too.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Teenage Fansub posted:

"No Payoff" was clearly the best potential title for the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

EL BROMANCE posted:

The earwolf twitter account dropped an image the other day with a huge amount of shows going behind the paywall, I’m pretty sure Off Book was one of them. I’m so behind, but I also have Stitcher premium. And laziness.

Ah thanks for this. Here's the list, made sure to download the old I4H episodes because I hate the stitcher app