Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Hahahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
OUR TALE OF THE TAPE: Semen, hailing from russia, has a name that means cum. He holds a two inch reach advantage over his opponent, with all else being, virtually identical.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Watching some recent shows from Fight Pass and I am loving loving Alaska Fighting Championship. The ring announcer keeps shouting poo poo during the fights, the fights are entertaining in their badness and the winners get rewarded with a can of Monster(TM) Energy Drink.

edit: check out Dillin Wiggins vs Robert Rivera from AFC125, Bob the ring announcer is a cool dude.

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 12, 2016

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Pretty cool Cage Warriors card on fight pass right now if anyone wants some early MMA to watch tonight. Paddy Pimblett is looking like the next Conor Macgregor.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

Bushmeister posted:

Watching some recent shows from Fight Pass and I am loving loving Alaska Fighting Championship. The ring announcer keeps shouting poo poo during the fights, the fights are entertaining in their badness and the winners get rewarded with a can of Monster(TM) Energy Drink.

edit: check out Dillin Wiggins vs Robert Rivera from AFC125, Bob the ring announcer is a cool dude.

you gotta love 12 fights on a card and a 90 minute running time. AFC's probably my fave B league now. Like a violent Oplot fight card.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gahahaha,.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

This just happened

https://streamable.com/glu3
https://twitter.com/cianer31son/status/797585056718090240

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 13, 2016

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That wasn't blood, he was just as sickened by that decision as I was.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
This week's Bellator card is on Saturday for some reason. Apparently Bendo dropped back to LW to fight for Michael Chandler's belt. The main card also features Michael "Venom" Page vs Some Guy Who Beat Karo In 2014.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Also, Invicta is tomorrow. I am in Kansas City for it, because I'm a goofus

Walfry
Sep 6, 2007
Benson is saying he may retire soon so as to join the military? Kind of odd but I guess I'd be glad for him retiring before(?) he's got CTE damage.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/2017-could-be-benson-hendersons-final-year-of-fighting

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm not going to this one but if we're ever in town for the same Invicta we should coordinate some poo poo.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bluedeanie posted:

I'm not going to this one but if we're ever in town for the same Invicta we should coordinate some poo poo.

Heck yes

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'd love to go to an Invicta card but geography and timing tend to make opportunties rare.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Wise Learned Man posted:

This week's Bellator card is on Saturday for some reason. Apparently Bendo dropped back to LW to fight for Michael Chandler's belt. The main card also features Michael "Venom" Page vs Some Guy Who Beat Karo In 2014.

Its also has Brandon Girtz who is pretty good, and Baby Slice is making his debut as well.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
"Semen, you could add an m to your name for longer-term approachability in the international fighting scene, or you could just leave it to double the number of Youtube streamers for this event, your call."
-- Semen's manager.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

cool

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Walfry posted:

Benson is saying he may retire soon so as to join the military? Kind of odd but I guess I'd be glad for him retiring before(?) he's got CTE damage.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/2017-could-be-benson-hendersons-final-year-of-fighting

He's 33 years old and wants to join the army, that's a clear sign of brain damage. Or maybe it's just the Korean part of him that believes that military service is mandatory.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I hope he joins the Marines and quits after three days like Bowe

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

vainman posted:

I hope he joins the Marines and quits after three days like Bowe

He's actually already too old for the Marines unless he gets an age waiver.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hopefully he gets shot

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

He'll get medals despite not doing as much as other soldiers

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wont they take you up to 35.. maybe not marines I guess?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

(watching war footage) No but you see right there... that short, crying Syrian actually caught the bullet after it shot him, shouldn't count.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wont they take you up to 35.. maybe not marines I guess?

I just looked it up and it's 29 now. I think the cutoff used to be a lot younger, but I'm not some Marines fetishest.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

(watching war footage) No but you see right there... that short, crying Syrian actually caught the bullet after it shot him, shouldn't count.

lol

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
bendo proposes to his girlfriend after his shock acquittal at his war crimes trial in the hague

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation

LobsterMobster posted:

let me know how many people are in attendance. I'm genuinely curious what the draw looks like.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Benson Henderson will in fact steal valour.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Le Saboteur posted:

Benson Henderson will in fact steal valour.

In a 4-4 decision, an evenly divided United States Supreme Court affirms a lower court ruling that Benson Henderson did not in fact steal valour.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Benson Henderson owns.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

coconono posted:

let me know how many people are in attendance. I'm genuinely curious what the draw looks like.

Based on the Karate Hottie vs Kung Fu Granny card, I'd say a couple hundred maybe.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Big Foot Silvia fought in Russia and got beaten to hell in a decision he lost. He's won 1 out of his last 9 and been knocked out multiple times.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation

Biodome posted:

Big Foot Silvia fought in Russia and got beaten to hell in a decision he lost. He's won 1 out of his last 9 and been knocked out multiple times.

Still a fuckin fun fight tho. 3rd round, I thought Silva was gonna finish RRD or whatever his real name is.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I uh, I've actually achieved all I've wanted to in the Marines and I think Sgt. Coker and the Merchant Marines are the future of warfare and where I need to take my career next.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Biodome posted:

And fighting less than eight weeks after getting hosed up by Roy. He's one of those dudes who must already be suffering from debilitating CTE, to say nothing of the pituitary tumors and everything else. Gary Goodridge is gonna look like a post-career success story next to Bigfoot. :ohdear:

e: the dude has suffered eight brutal KO losses in just the last five years, and that doesn't include the draw with Mark Hunt that would have taken a decade off of anyone's life.

I hate to be all maudlin but this really bums me out, and I'm not even a Bigfoot fan.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 19, 2016

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ref Mike England really hosed Alexa Conners out of a TKO win

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Ref Mike England really hosed Alexa Conners out of a TKO win

Yeah that was an idiotic place to pause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Invicta :woop: