Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Blonde Haley ain't bad

But brunette Francine looks God-awful, but I think it's mostly the way her character model's face doesn't mesh very well with the headband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DrBouvenstein posted:

But brunette Francine looks God-awful, but I think it's mostly the way her character model's face doesn't mesh very well with the headband.

Yeah Francine could absolutely look great as a brunette, but Hayley's specific hairstyle on her head is all wrong

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

TheFattestPat posted:

There's never going to be any kind of female companion for Steve. The gay jokes with Snot are too important!

Both Psych and Scrubs squared this circle.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Man oh man, watching the episode where steve gets tits and Haley is being a total cuckoo-head. I'm glad she got stems and seeds

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

drat it Eddie! I slept with you. :smith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
H J Rimmons

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Brawnfire posted:

drat it Eddie! I slept with you. :smith:

She's shockingly lovely to francine who is at her most adorable

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The Die Hard Bazooka Sharks episode was on last night and was delighted to see a banner awarding Shaggy as the highest selling concert.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

We get lifted, we get lite

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
God, are you there? It's me, Tom Yabo.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Fellow Traveler is so good

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like the one where Steve gets "sex aversion therapy" by being forced to look at photos of Axl Rose.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That episode was fine, not necessarily great, until this reveal. Then it skyrocketed into classic status.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

francine's cult scrapbook was pretty great

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

The hologram reveal doesn't make sense!

Mx. posted:

francine's cult scrapbook was pretty great

I love that it's the only time the rest of the family shows up in the episode

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
It was nice of steve to acknowledge us this week.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FireWorksWell posted:

I love that it's the only time the rest of the family shows up in the episode

it makes perfect sense when you consider that

Neeksy posted:

It was nice of steve to acknowledge us this week.

lmao this line

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FireWorksWell posted:

Yeah, you totally see her going around outside of the hologram ring earlier in the episode. It is a fun episode but it totally doesn't make any kind of sense.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, you totally see her going around outside of the hologram ring earlier in the episode. It is a fun episode but it totally doesn't make any kind of sense.

It's me the American Dad watcher who doesn't understand absurdism

No plot holes in this show

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Steve's not a virgin anyway

Which episode did that happen in?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Let's get murdered by batman's parents

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

American Dad!: but it totally doesn't make any kind of sense

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Small White Dragon posted:

Which episode did that happen in?

There is the episode where Jack possessed Steve and it implies that he bangs that older lady.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

“Look there’s me on the altar!”
“I was ready to do it to, but then-“
(All together) “The knife broke!” (Nostalgic laughter)

Roger showing up in the class and immediately sucking up as hard as possible is also gold.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There is the episode where Jack possessed Steve and it implies that he bangs that older lady.

Does it really count if he's possessed?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Also Roger lives in the house, and there’s certainly been… implications.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There are lines Roger won't cross with Steve though, those lines are uncomfortably close but they do exist.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's probably been said before, but Persona Assistant is a classic episode. In addition to being funny, it successfully added a new recurring character which enabled the show to tell new plots in future episodes. It's another example of how American Dad doesn't fall into any writing ruts, despite being on two decades.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 27, 2024

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Kwyndig posted:

There are lines Roger won't cross with Steve though, those lines are uncomfortably close but they do exist.

Don't tell anyone, we'll both get in trouble!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:rip: Bill Walton

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Top Of The Steve is a television masterpiece

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Are you talking about chivalric cabaret? Why, they warn us against that first day of banker's school! Get out!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Mx. posted:

Are you talking about chivalric cabaret? Why, they warn us against that first day of banker's school! Get out!

OH YEAH THE BIG BILLS FLORENCE!!! THE BIG BILLS !!

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
You know, after hearing both sides, I'm kind of with these deadbeat dads

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

TheFattestPat posted:

There's never going to be any kind of female companion for Steve. The gay jokes with Snot are too important!
"Uh, you and I clearly have stuff we need to work out."

DrBouvenstein posted:

She'd be fine without the headband, probably.

But yeah, great ep with Steve & Stan's hot tub side story.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I'm a couple seasons into the Orville and I'm still having a hard time reconciling Steve and Stan/Roger's voice actors using their normal voices. Sometimes I can hear Scott's Steve voice bleed through at least, but it gives me a new appreciation for their voicework in AD.

Orville's a fantastic sci-fi show though, doesn't lean nearly as hard on humor as I'd have expected from something from the mind of Seth.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I mostly hear Captain Mercer as Brian the Dog.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

That didn't click for me at first since I haven't seen FG in years but now I can't unhear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It really undercuts the gravitas of his speeches when I imagine Stewie calling him out for licking his own rear end right after.