Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they should take the album name and the year it was released and auto generate a text-only album cover using the characteristic fonts and styles and colors and other design trends of the time.

that'd be a great summer project for an intern or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Smythe posted:

iOS sucks rear end! Yea! How you like them apples bitches???! Hahahahaha :chome: yea! hahahA!! yea!!! :chome: w00000t :mome: hhohohohohoho

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

here are the official ui tiers

god tier
--------
material
webos

good tier
---------
winphone/uwp
ios classic

okay tier
---------
android classic

fail tier
-------
ios modern

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

triple sulk posted:

here are the official ui tiers

god tier
--------
material

good tier
---------
winphone/uwp
ios classic

okay tier
---------
android classic

fail tier
-------
ios modern
webos
fixed your typo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i miss the gears moving when you did a software update in ios 6

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
ios modern is ok i like it even

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

mishaq posted:

they still do that brah

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

q4 new mbp wtf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mate I don't like the styling but the concept is solid. if that shipped with 32gb of ram and 1gb ssd mate that would be amazing and I would jerk off around it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
ios is fine

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
adequate

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
iOS is good

Android is trash

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

current apple settings icon is stupid b/c it's a nonfunctional gear train. just two on the same shaft that aren't meshed with anything else? wtf is the point of that?

and the old one is even worse because not only are the gears out of mesh, but the tooth profile isn't even epitrochoidal! they'd be noisy as hell and would eventually wear themselves down and break. unbelievable

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
as compared to the Android one that's just a single gear with no shaft (much like most Android users)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sagebrush posted:

they should take the album name and the year it was released and auto generate a text-only album cover using the characteristic fonts and styles and colors and other design trends of the time.

thatd be pretty cool

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

current apple settings icon is stupid b/c it's a nonfunctional gear train. just two on the same shaft that aren't meshed with anything else? wtf is the point of that?

and the old one is even worse because not only are the gears out of mesh, but the tooth profile isn't even epitrochoidal! they'd be noisy as hell and would eventually wear themselves down and break. unbelievable

steampunk os

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

ANALysts.txt posted:

A new reporting looking at Apple's R&D spending points towards large sums of money being diverted to the rumored Apple Car. Analysts also believe Apple will adopt a ride-sharing revenue model.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

R&D spend is up that could only mean one thing

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

if i believed in that even a little i would short apple so hard

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sagebrush posted:

Tchaikovsky performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra, 1984 - neon pink lettering with drop shadow on bright yellow background. random triangles and squiggles strewn about.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i saw an article that a RELIABLE SOURCE said apple was conducting studies into ELECTRIC CAR CHARGERS because that's something that hasn't been done right yet and there are several competing standards, so all they need is apple to unify everyone with a single direction!

*40-kilowatt minimalist white charging cable with insufficient strain relief snaps off for the third time in a year, burns down entire parking lot*

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

i saw an article that a RELIABLE SOURCE said apple was conducting studies into ELECTRIC CAR CHARGERS because that's something that hasn't been done right yet and there are several competing standards, so all they need is apple to unify everyone with a single direction!

*40-kilowatt minimalist white charging cable with insufficient strain relief snaps off for the third time in a year, burns down entire parking lot*

*shorts on the filld truck*

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

if i believed in that even a little i would short apple so hard

i hear its a good time to short when corps start talking about their new expensive campus theyre building

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

The Management posted:

Tchaikovsky performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra, 1984 - neon pink lettering with drop shadow on bright yellow background. random triangles and squiggles strewn about.

i don't see anything wrong with this

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THC posted:

they still do that brah

yeah but with the old icon

new settings icon is very bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
old icon was overlapping gears so animating them makes sense as maybe they are connected behind the overlap.

new icon is a bunch of independent gears not connected to anything. why did apple add gears if they aren't connected to anything? its a perfect metaphor for apples terrible design

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mishaq posted:

yeah :\

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

as compared to the Android one that's just a single gear with no shaft (much like most Android users)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i wish i knew enough about android to post some sick burns. unfortunately like everyone with a phone os that works i have no interest in what the competition are doing so i have no idea what it looks like

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sagebrush posted:

yeah, USB was a big failure too

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

it's a bike crank

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

No one understands the contrast of white on white

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

maniacdevnull posted:

No one understands the contrast of white on white

evilcat
May 16, 2009

THC posted:

it's a bike crank

That is both fitting and not a selling point.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it is very fitting, stebe once said a computer is like a "bicycle for your mind"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

poty posted:

i wish i knew enough about android to post some sick burns. unfortunately like everyone with a phone os that works i have no interest in what the competition are doing so i have no idea what it looks like

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

poop salary

poty
Jun 21, 2008

im gonna give my ipad air 2 to my mom so i was thinking of forsaking our lord and savior steve jobs and buying a plus iphone to replace it + upgrade my old phone

then i did the math and the plus is so expensive that despite sacrificing to carry another huge bulge around all day you barely come out ahead lol

6s plus 64gb = $849
se 64gb = $499 + ipad air 2 16gb = $399 => $898

thank you steve

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
urgh these products have different prices thanks for loving me over Tim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

poty posted:

im gonna give my ipad air 2 to my mom so i was thinking of forsaking our lord and savior steve jobs and buying a plus iphone to replace it + upgrade my old phone

then i did the math and the plus is so expensive that despite sacrificing to carry another huge bulge around all day you barely come out ahead lol

6s plus 64gb = $849
se 64gb = $499 + ipad air 2 16gb = $399 => $898

thank you steve

kindly never attempt to use a mathematical operator again, that was painful

• Locked thread