Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

bring back old gbs posted:

rofl what the gently caress even is this??? slanty shower?? looks like the ceiling is caving in inside... and this structure was built floor to ceiling around the hole??

and what happens in the slanty room that requires an air conditioner?

EDIT: lmao the chain pull light in the top/right corner.. the fuse box, the baseboard heating. do a thought experiment and imagine what this room used to be.. who installed that light, why there? What was the original purpose of this room? was it a heated (and cooled)crawlspace? the mind wanders

It's a tree. There are pictures later on (and additional pictures from this old listing, includes some extra photos including what I think is an additional "basement" area that went completely ignored in the Zillow listing) that allow you to see the tree, specifically 79 and 80 on the Zillow listing, and then this one here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

rofl

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

It’s like a Grover-Dionaea-House or something.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The curse of the monkey shitter

:five:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

there wolf posted:

If you we're close to me I'd trade tiling lessons for a free pass to turn my basement/crawlspace into a temple for a forbidden god. Speaking of which...

I love it. Also

you know he would have some choice words if it were a porcelain crapper

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

cakesmith handyman posted:

The curse of the monkey shitter

:five:

I'm selling these fine leather toilet seat covers

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Go out and buy Loom today!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

Go out and buy Loom today!

loving sold

I would buy Loom or Sam and Max Hit the Road for Switch like yesterday

That Works
Jul 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

there wolf posted:

If you we're close to me I'd trade tiling lessons for a free pass to turn my basement/crawlspace into a temple for a forbidden god. Speaking of which...

I love it. Also

:laffo:

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

At what point while building a house do you decide that while you really want there to be house over there, not one but two random rear end elm trees get to stay, too?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Could be a City thing that they idiotically tried to work around rather than just making their house smaller

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The way deplorables deal with trees they’re not legally allowed to remove is that they kill them by doing stuff like driving heavy equipment over the roots. Once the tree is dead or dying, they are free to remove the “hazard”.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Platystemon posted:

The way deplorables deal with trees they’re not legally allowed to remove is that they kill them by doing stuff like driving heavy equipment over the roots. Once the tree is dead or dying, they are free to remove the “hazard”.

Warning! This tree has been mined for its protection.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Behold!

We;lcome to: The Pianos Of Florida

Have a Blessed Day

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Was extremely confused when I thought those were all pictures of the same house

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I really hope at least one of those ever, ever gets played.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

What lovely buildings that will all be underwater soon.

My mom had a white baby grand that she got when I was a young teenager, but she played it at least once a week. They got a player installed on it, too, so it could play itself too which was pretty awesome actually.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

i tried not to include pics of pianos which were clearly used in some kind of basement studio or practice situation and not simply for decoration, because those photos weren't funny. and i've driven myself crazy looking at multiple angles of the same piano trying to determine which picture is funniest. but i included this one because of the phenomenal efforts of the listing agent to photoshop a movie frame into the wall mounted screen to make it look more lively

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

These two probably do. I have my doubts about the rest. Especially the very inconspicuous ones. Nothing says "virtuoso" quite like putting your grand piano under a spiral staircase.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Yeah the one with the guitars hanging near it probably gets used.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

luxury handset posted:

We;lcome to: The Pianos Of Florida

Don't you mean the Keys of Florida?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zack Ater posted:

god drat you

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

The drummer for The Florida Keys sucks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You'll never convince me that those lions aren't having a poo behind the columns

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Just once I want to see a home listing with something other than a baby grand piano.

How about a tasteful harpsichord or an organ?

Make it a pipe organ. :getin:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Platystemon posted:

Just once I want to see a home listing with something other than a baby grand piano.

How about a tasteful harpsichord or an organ?

Make it a pipe organ. :getin:

There's a harp right there!

my favorite is the painting of the piano

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I love this one because it's so obvious they bought the piano to match the staircase

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Antivehicular posted:

I love this one because it's so obvious they bought the piano to match the staircase

It's so kawai :3:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What gets me about these piano placements is how many of them have benches or seats near the piano where they intend the audience to sit. Kawai's suffering bench is by the long windows there.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Enchanted Hat posted:

It's so kawai :3:

came here to say this, give me half of any of the humor points generated by the above statement tia

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zack Ater posted:

Get on a bus and go straight to Hell.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Youth Decay posted:

Look at this guillotine-worthy bullshit. 32,000 square feet with an 11,000 sf guest house and 2644sf pool house. Formerly owned by this rich fucker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Tull. Price has been dropped from $85 million to $60 million with no takers, probably because it is a beige hell.

If you're gonna have a "house" this big can you at least make it not look like the world's largest McMansion?

a goddamn sea of beige

50 shades of beige

The majority of time spent in a bedroom is with the lights out so idk why they need all those chandeliers

Did someone say toilet chaise?

This is nightmarish.

aaaaaaaaah beds should not have eyes

[insert joke about Steelers fans here]

That place ended up selling for 35 million dollars. Hopefully whoever bought it is going to burn it to the ground and start over.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I must be broken inside, because I really like this.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, there's a few nicely done rooms at the top to make the awful ones funnier. if i was going to make a coffee table book of copyright violating stolen listing photos i'd make that one the cover

even people with otherwise good taste like to decorate with baby grands

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

luxury handset posted:

even people with otherwise good taste like to decorate with baby grands

be sure to let us know when that gets posted

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Goober Peas posted:

I must be broken inside, because I really like this.

There's nothing wrong with that room other than the lovely looking piano. I can't tell who made it, but it's very "thin" and I bet doesn't sound good or feel good to play.

It's also placed entirely wrong for acoustics.

So yeah....display piano.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PRADA SLUT posted:

be sure to let us know when that gets posted

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

That actually has a bunch of sheet music on it. Unless they are really into making it look like someone plays it I'd say it getting played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

You just know they wanted to use wormy barnwood and chickened out

fakedit- great name for an undertaker btw