Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Lol Xim4 is suddenly sold out everywhere. In Europe the current asking price by scalpers is about 200 EUR. Official website says they expect the next shipment to arrive Oct 2nd.
Who could've expected this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
who even needs a xim when you're just dumping mida shots down lanes anyway

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Wazzit posted:

Does the reward system for Trials work the same as D1 where you only got a set of drops on your first set of wins? Or can someone that runs several Trials runs gets drops everytime they run it?

I don't know about the winstreak drops, but you get tokens now so you can crawl your way to random drops.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

who even needs a xim when you're just dumping mida shots down lanes anyway

The mida meta will not last more than 3 months, 6 max.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the mida meta will last until mida is made useless and you're an idiot if you think otherwise

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

What's a better kinetic for PvP: origin or scathe?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
really, the big issue with guns in destiny is the amount of flinch every gun seems to cause, but moreso with explosive rounds/hcr weapons. in combination with teamshotting, it's doubtful a player would even manage to hit one of the people shooting at him in a 2v1, which means you can't really contest a multi-person ball unless you're also all stacked. in d1, even in 2v1s you could probably get someone's shields down, which makes it much more manageable for your teammates to clean up the engagement. here, that's not the case.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I updated my weapon browsing tool for Destiny 2 today:

https://xzzy.org/projects/weapontoy/

It's a revision one, all the cool color highlighting I used to have isn't working because I had to do all that manually and haven't done it yet for destiny 2 stats.

The gun list seems small, but by eyeballing the database, about a third of the manifest is still "classified" so there's probably a lot more Bungie will trickle out to us over time.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

super macho dude posted:

What's a better kinetic for PvP: origin or scathe?

450RPM seems to be the sweet spot in terms of crucible AR archetype

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

really, the big issue with guns in destiny is the amount of flinch every gun seems to cause, but moreso with explosive rounds/hcr weapons. in combination with teamshotting, it's doubtful a player would even manage to hit one of the people shooting at him in a 2v1, which means you can't really contest a multi-person ball unless you're also all stacked. in d1, even in 2v1s you could probably get someone's shields down, which makes it much more manageable for your teammates to clean up the engagement. here, that's not the case.

Yeah the whole pvp situation is extremely lame.

I mean don't get me wrong there's still room for fun in there with a 4 stack, but it's funny that we are super powered immortal space warriors that shoot at each other with scout rifles after a long esports intro where everyone sprinkles salt on each other

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
And I'm loving the aesthetics and overall tone of the raid, but a single fuckup can ruin each encounter for everyone. Guided raids should be great lmao

I feel like Bungie kinda hosed up the final endgame, but the postgame is great and the campaign is pretty dang good (the first time)

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
Whew that was a rough day at work. Was up until 3:30 raiding with BONE KREW. Sorry I hosed up the gate on the last attempt. I was falling asleep. Send me an invite if you all are gonna be on tonight. This is Thunderfunk.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think i'll eventually enjoy trials when i'm playing with a group i gel with, but the current meta means half the poo poo in the game doesn't even matter. you're too far for grenades or melees, you'll get shredded through your class ability if you use it, the only super that matters unless you get a sick flank off is golden gun or bubble. and i'm not exaggerating when i say all of this is because mida is like the easiest exotic in the game to get.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the mida meta will last until mida is made useless and you're an idiot if you think otherwise

I mean we can always hope for Destiny 3

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nooooo, the Spire requires I PvP. It's so pretty. :negative:

Any UK players that play between 9am and 3pm in the morning for this? I'm Foureyedfairy on PSN. Can't really commit to a proper team, but a few attempts for it wouldn't hurt.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I played my alt for one day, about 12 hours (I had the day off, sue me) and it is now tied with my main at 272.

My alt hasn't finished the campaign, or gotten any of the powerful engrams for the week, or done any exotic quests yet.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Friend of mine from France has already managed to go Flawless @ 7 wins, so here's some sweet-rear end image dump for you guys of the full social space.

Quoted thoughts: "It is very beautiful. And very 'blank'. It makes me feel very small..."

"Unknown Space", arrival:

The Spire:

Its curious shadow:

The Emissary:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do you not need to complete the campaign? the game was like 70 percent incomplete pre-campaign finish

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Apparently all you need is one win on a card to go to the new social space and meet the guy. No idea what kinda loot you get for going 1-3 though.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

texaholic posted:

Apparently all you need is one win on a card to go to the new social space and meet the guy. No idea what kinda loot you get for going 1-3 though.

You get loot drops at 3, 5, and 7 wins. Only takes 1 to go visit, though! You just don't get to go through the teleporters for the l33t kids.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

do you not need to complete the campaign? the game was like 70 percent incomplete pre-campaign finish

eventually yea, but I was grinding out public events and couldn't be bothered.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

poor life choice posted:

Please get my in frame more next time, I aggressively bag upon progression.

I had to cut the ending out due to Twitter video length limits

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

what the gently caress

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the giant emissary is only for going flawless, the normal one you deal with floats at the base of the spire

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

what the gently caress

Incoming message from the big giant head

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man this Flashpoint milestone fuckin' sucks, I've been running around trying to do public events and I haven't seen a single other person doing them on Nessus. How are they so empty already? Shouldn't other people be working towards the same thing?

Half of these events aren't even soloable within the timer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man this Flashpoint milestone fuckin' sucks, I've been running around trying to do public events and I haven't seen a single other person doing them on Nessus. How are they so empty already? Shouldn't other people be working towards the same thing?

Normal ones are soloable once you get over 265 light.

And yeah public events are dead already, everyone outlevelled them for the most part.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

If you're Sparrowing from place to place, the Matchmaking will put you in a fresh instance.

Your best chance of spawning in a populated zone is when you fly in to the planet or Fast Travel within the planet. Don't go full speed when you're in the winding hallways (stealth loading screens) between sectors.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Normal ones are soloable once you get over 265 light.

And yeah public events are dead already, everyone outlevelled them for the most part.

They are still the best way to farm number of engrams.

Also, you're not going to find poo poo today when normal people are playing coopertively to beat the raid and trials on week 1.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you're Sparrowing from place to place, the Matchmaking will put you in a fresh instance.

Your best chance of spawning in a populated zone is when you fly in to the planet or Fast Travel within the planet. Don't go full speed when you're in the winding hallways (stealth loading screens) between sectors.

also this. those hallways are sneaky loading zones and rushing through them is a 100% assured way to find them empty. always be fast travlin

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Whenever I fast travel to an area with a public event in sight when it's happening and no one's there, I fast travel to that same location again and many times I wind up in a new instance with people at it.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

I honestly think something is fucky with the way they do their instancing. Like I get that they can only have so many players per zone instance but there’s genuinely either loads or just me roaming around solo, no middle ground. When you see an event just about to go active on the map, keep fast traveling to the same spot until it drops you in an instance with other players. Should only take 3 fast travels on average to get a populated one

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Striker titans are the best at everything.

In what situation, PvE or pvp, would I ever use the bottom tree for Striker?!

With the bottom tree, the melee heal punches can be normal melee kills, not just powered up punches. Helps with swarms.
FoH has after shocks for each slam.

But generally the top tree is the go-to tree.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Each Zone has a limit of 3 Fireteams. That means there can be 3 people (3 singles) or up to 9 people (3 full fireteams) or anywhere in between.

Note - This may have changed since D1, gently caress if I know

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
That’s honestly pretty dogshit but since everything is p2p in Destiny I wouldn’t want them to try and push it any higher

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Trials pulse Relentless is interesting in patrol. Recoil is 95% vertical, grouping is very tight. Perk Slideways gives you partial reload when you slide, five rounds so 1 2/3 bursts. That, or Headseeker can be chosen which Idk, maybe it keeps the burst numbers the same but might change the number of crits needed, maybe, forgive a little for missing one.

Strange coming off of Vigilance, which is 530 rpm as opposed to 320 here, tho the extra two rounds per burst in Wing indubitably falsely add to that difference. High range and high damage, hitting for iirc 99x3 on crit. Can't imagine it's a two burst in Crucible but it does pack a punch in the gunfeel dept.

Looking forward to giving it a go in Crucible.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 15, 2017

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Public events are absolutely soloable, every single one, as long as you aren't doing the heroic. Not to be all "git gud" about it or anything, but none of them are too crazy, really.

Also, you get rewards (and flashpoint credit) for participating even if the event fails. It might be less credit, but you can slam your hrad against the wall if you really can't finish them alone, and eventually complete it anyway.

As others have said, keep fast traveling over and over until you find other people, also. Even with the raid and trials right now, nessus should be bumpin'. Xur is there, the flashpoint is there, cayde's stashes are there, the new skybox is there, and people trying to level up their light are there for the sturm quest, too.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Funkmaster General posted:

Public events are absolutely soloable, every single one, as long as you aren't doing the heroic. Not to be all "git gud" about it or anything, but none of them are too crazy, really.

Also, you get rewards (and flashpoint credit) for participating even if the event fails. It might be less credit, but you can slam your hrad against the wall if you really can't finish them alone, and eventually complete it anyway.

As others have said, keep fast traveling over and over until you find other people, also. Even with the raid and trials right now, nessus should be bumpin'. Xur is there, the flashpoint is there, cayde's stashes are there, the new skybox is there, and people trying to level up their light are there for the sturm quest, too.

The vex ones where they sacrifice themselves are pretty drat hard

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Linx posted:

The vex ones where they sacrifice themselves are pretty drat hard

Kill things slower. The faster you kill stuff the quicker the game starts shoving orange bars and other crazy poo poo at you. Like, run down the clock and even let things get to the conflux just to punch them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I shot the giant Servitor for the entire duration of the public even at 295 Light and got him to 15% HP before time ran out.

Probably could've done it with a purpose-built loadout, though. I had a Shotgun in the power slot.