Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

homercles posted:

gurm's going to be crushed by a stack of manuscripts and brandon sanderson will ghost write the final 4000 asoiaf pages in 9 months

if arya's fate from the very start was to kill the night king as intended by the lord of light, i guess that's as good as explanation as any why the og ninja Jaqen H'ghar managed to end up in a prison wagon like a scrub

It was the Drowned God's will. Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i watched a youtube video where a guy had a theory that syrio forel was jaqen hghar but that was obviously just bad so jaqen hghar being the red lady totally blew my goddamn mind. this show is so good.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

s08e04 spoiler:
  • arya continues exploiting her teleport glitch, gets to king's landing in 20min
  • binging with hotpie ep4: pies (piled high)
  • qyburn staples a bunch of orphans and indigent together, creates an elephant (sort of)
  • cersei broods and gets hammered (by euron)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It can't be stressed enough how slow and boring episode 4 is going to be.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

homercles posted:

gurm's going to be crushed by a stack of manuscripts and brandon sanderson will ghost write the final 4000 asoiaf pages in 9 months

And it won't be great, but it'll be done, and sometimes that's all you need

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It can't be stressed enough how slow and boring episode 4 is going to be.

You're probably right.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
If Qyburn makes a corpse elephant then the show is completely redeemed.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
qyburn actually the real night king?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I am unreasonably mad that D&D planted the Arya/NK scene in the early seasons with the dagger and Mel predicting everything.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

I am unreasonably mad that D&D planted the Arya/NK scene in the early seasons with the dagger and Mel predicting everything.

What is this now

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

im the night king
im the night king
m the night kin
then night k
nig k
nk
nk
*sm
*smr*
*smirk*
*smirk*
*smirk*

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

did you retards think the red woman was literally ygritte that time she said "you know nothing, jon snow"

that's one of her magic tricks, saying your dead friends' catchphrases

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

yeah, explain what you're talking about

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

A Strange Aeon posted:

yeah, explain what you're talking about

In season 3 or 4 where Melisandre met Arya Stark, Mel said when she looked into Arya's eyes she could see eyes staring back at her--"blue eyes, green eyes, undead general's eyes, eyes you'll close forever" and I took undead general to mean the night king

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

In season 3 or 4 where Melisandre met Arya Stark, Mel said when she looked into Arya's eyes she could see eyes staring back at her--"blue eyes, green eyes, undead general's eyes, eyes you'll close forever" and I took undead general to mean the night king

Lol

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
if the fat pie dude hadn’t told Arya that Sansa was still alive, she’d have already killed Cersei Lannister and probably wandered up north in time to kill night king anyway

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Season 1 Episode 2:

The dagger is in the godswood and Theon pledges to fight for Bran and Luwin scoffs "is there going to be a fight in the godswood?"

Season 3 episode 6:

Mel to Arya: "There's a darkness in you. You will close many eyes forever. Brown, blue, and green. We will meet again."

This is also the episode where Beric's resurrection and unknown purpose is explained, as well as Gendry being told he will play a part in the rise and fall of kings.

----------------

So guess what, Cersei has green eyes and Arya and Gendry are gonna replace Cersei with a new king.

Mel predicted everything and the drat writers have been laughing about pulling a sneaky on us since season 1.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So you all knew it all along then wow amazing

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Mel also knew for a fact that Stannis was going to be king and burned his cute daughter alive in a pointless, futile sacrifice to the fire god.

the crazy boob lady tossed out random vague prophecies every time we saw her

e: it figures she’d show up to mischaracterize and gloat about one forgotten murky shitpost from seven years ago. The Prester Jane of the GOT world.

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 1, 2019

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Remember when this thread was convinced a few days ago the night king was in kings landing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Delthalaz posted:

Mel also knew for a fact that Stannis was going to be king and burned his cute daughter alive in a pointless, futile sacrifice to the fire god.

the crazy boob lady tossed out random vague prophecies every time we saw her

e: it figures she’d show up to mischaracterize and gloat about one forgotten murky shitpost from seven years ago. The Prester Jane of the GOT world.

The thing is everything she's ever seen has happened. She's just been dumb in extrapolating "I saw this, so it DEFINITELY means this" when it came to people demanding answers.

I mean, she wasn't wrong that after she barbecued Shireen Baratheon that the weather warmed up and Winterfell was retaken.

e: by the king, no less

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 1, 2019

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

so she's psychic but also a giant idiot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guys, we're losing focus here.

:nws:
https://i.imgur.com/EfdTT3l.gif

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

khaleesi!!!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Spoiler alert: Cersei gets killed by Arya, resurrected by quburn but becomes the night queen

Straight from my sources and I don’t lie

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

I thought "brown eyes" meant she was gonna get some backdoor pegging in

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

ElGroucho posted:

I thought "brown eyes" meant she was gonna get some backdoor pegging in

The one Arya sex scene was awful enough

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
She was pretty in charge in that scene.

And we haven't seen Gendry sitting down since.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

You gotta work on your timing, bro.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Snow Cone Capone posted:

So you're saying you don't like his post?

ethanol posted:

Remember when this thread was convinced a few days ago the night king was in kings landing

I remember a few years ago when we thought the show was good

Necros posted:

i watched a youtube video where a guy had a theory that syrio forel was jaqen hghar but that was obviously just bad so jaqen hghar being the red lady totally blew my goddamn mind. this show is so good.

Was that actually established?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

fakeaccount posted:

So you're saying you don't like his post?

It's a good post it just needs to be timed during one of the "this show is bad" pages, not one of the nerdy lore discussion pages.

fakeaccount posted:

Was that actually established?

This sounds like pure BS, not to mention Arya is simultaneously taking assassin lessons from Jaqen in Essos while Melisandre is off loving things up in Westeros

e: she obviously knows stuff that she didn't physically witness so any "the Red Lady is also _____" theory is kind of dumb.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Malkof posted:

As the NK approaches a warged Bran, he hears movement from behind. He spins, hands at the ready. Movement catches his piercing blue eyes; it's a raven?
The bird appears to be dive bombing, a feeble last ditch effort by the 3ER to save himself. He opens his mouth to mock the pathetic gesture.
As his frost blue lips part, the raven suddenly rears, stopping suddenly. To late to notice, a small object is released from the bird's claws.
Theon's desiccated penis sails through the air, right into the NK's open mouth.

As the shriveled member banks of his lips into his open mouth, Bran's opaque eyes clear while a guy wrenching laugh bubbles out from his chest.

"HOLLLLY poo poo I WASN'T SURE IF THAT WAS GOING TO WORK HAHAHA!", he bellows as the NK panics and spits the organ to the snow. I HAD THAT FLOWN ALL THE WAY FROM THE IRON ISLES JUST FOR YOUR HAHAHA!

From all sides, gutteral laugher erupts. Even his own children, the walkers, are doubled over in bales of howling laughter.

Utterly owned, the NK scrambles to his undead mount to fly of never to be seen again.
And thus, it was revealed that Bran is the fabled Azor Ahai, wielding his fabled sword, though much smaller than everyone thought.

george, this is the ending you want

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Dreaddor posted:

The reason the lord of light brought Jon back was most likely not only to unite the people but also to get Arya to come back to Winterfell. Remember originally she was headed for King's Landing until Hot Pie told her about Jon winning the Battle of the Bastards.

I'm torn on the episode. I liked some of it and I hated some of it. I feel like the story of the NK isn't quite done yet. I feel as though something is going to happen to Arya as a result of being the one who held the blade that killed him. Some kind of supernatural consequence. Which is why I also believe Bran made that look when he handed her the dagger on the previous season. Not only because he knew she would use it to kill the NK but also what would happen to her as a result. Who knows!

Dreaddors alive ?????

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

i just... who thought it was a good idea to piss away the huge, looming, mystical threat before it actually does anything of consequence? why would that seem like a genius idea?

oh man, what a surprise! the bad guy being built up over the course of the series dies before he actually does poo poo! ha! got 'em!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

if you think i am reading this garbage thread to figure out when i should post, lmao

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ppl in this thread are worse than star wars fans, death would be a mercy to them.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

ElGroucho posted:

I'm no Edward P. Strategy, but it doesn't take a Von Manstein to know that those siege defense tactics sucked diiiiiiiiiiiiiick

im afraid I must carve a TR into your forehead and cast you out into the tactical realism hinterlands for thinking it's dumb everyone was acting severely retarded. Semper Tits and dragons!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

reading this thread while liking the show is worse than hate watching the show and posting in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Why didnt they bring along some barrels og wildfire, bomber dragons are super effective