Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

betty boof posted:

Tsk tsk tsk Jesus should be your copilot smdh
Jesus is more like chatgpt imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rude

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs: some of the worst, dumbest engineers i’ve ever worked with have been google engineers

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

mystes posted:

Jesus is more like chatgpt imo

"verily i say unto thee: i am an ai model and am unable to respond to moral questions"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

c lunch s: used to think raising cane's was OK-ish but this is rubbish

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

cj;ls: got a big loving crack in my windshield this morning on the way to work. have to take my car to a safelite center after work today and hope they can fix it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Pollyanna posted:

cjs: some of the worst, dumbest engineers i’ve ever worked with have been google engineers

my beef with google engineers is that they seem incapable of doing anything without all the google tools. When you hire your first ex-goog engineer you better be ready to integrate BigTable into your poo poo cause its comin whether you budget time for it or not.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

sheltered little babies

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Branch Nvidian posted:

cj;ls: got a big loving crack in my windshield this morning on the way to work. have to take my car to a safelite center after work today and hope they can fix it

the cave man working on your car: Safelite repair….Safelite replace…

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor posted:

my beef with google engineers is that they seem incapable of doing anything without all the google tools. When you hire your first ex-goog engineer you better be ready to integrate BigTable into your poo poo cause its comin whether you budget time for it or not.

i sleep in a BigTable with my wife

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

sheltered little babies

agreed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ciaphas posted:

c lunch s: used to think raising cane's was OK-ish but this is rubbish

its gettin pretty hard to find decent fried chicken any more

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Branch Nvidian posted:

the dangers of working on site.. exemplified!

i paid around what should be 60USD for the fill and repair after encountering a stray rock with my windshield two years ago. hope it doesn't cost you toomuch

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

the gold rush is over. everyone was going crazy with new chicken sandwiches or w/e but now is the time to cost optimize and make it worse.

maybe falafels will be the next big thing

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

its gettin pretty hard to find decent fried chicken any more

some years ago, i noticed that chinese-american places started offering spicy fried chicken. it's pretty interesting, but so much onion

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

dioxazine posted:

the dangers of working on site.. exemplified!

i paid around what should be 60USD for the fill and repair after encountering a stray rock with my windshield two years ago. hope it doesn't cost you toomuch

if they can just fill it with epoxy or whatever and seal it then it's covered by my car insurance without any deductible. if they can't, or if the glass spider-webs/cracks while they're attempting to repair it then the windshield has to be replaced and that's at least a couple hundred bucks

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

not to say that's a bad thing, i love onion. you can use the rest of the seasoning and peppers as um.. 拌饭? mixed with rice, i think the translation is, i can't think of anything better to call it right now

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

c costco meals s: premade meatloaf & mashed potatoes was real good last night. Also got a platter of chicken & swiss pinwheels that I had for lunch and while the lettuce wasn't great the rest of the components were outstanding.
Gonna grill up some boneless chicken breasts and throw 'em into baked mac & cheese tonight :)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you've been corrupted by costco, mate

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
The snob side of me puts his nose up at the premade meals, but the pragmatic side of me is glad there are options like this for people that don't have the spoons or time to cook. good on you for finding tasty things to eat that arent just restaurant food, hell yeah. i slum it with a rotisserie and a thing of microwaved mashed potatoes now and then when i'm down to my last drop of blood

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

c j s: I'm not gonna anymore today

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I buy a lot of those Trader Joe's $3 premade salad bags because honestly? Eating the whole thing is a meal, there's a bunch of different versions, they take 30 seconds to make, and it's only like a dollar more than making a big salad myself if I'm gonna put nuts and cheese and stuff in it. And it's at least pseudo fresh.

Reminder that being able to eat home cooked from scratch meals three times a day is based on having another person in your house doing it full time.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

yeah we mostly wanted to try these to gauge how good it comes out with minimal preparation effort.
Mrs. Nasty is a wizard in the kitchen but I can't expect her to make meals all the time and don't want to burden her when my skills are quite lacking in comparison.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

dioxazine posted:

you've been corrupted by costco, mate

i also wear the costco mark of corruption

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the costco premades are excellent, they had a very nice tripe meal set last year when i was feeling lazy

i've done a few premade salads at groceries before, but i always seem to circle back to making my own

Roosevelt posted:

i also wear the costco mark of corruption

:same:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dioxazine posted:

a very nice tripe meal

No?? ?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

expectations

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

tvtripes dot org

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
lern to eat organ meats. skill issue

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

bob dobbs is dead posted:

lern to eat organ meats.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

tvtripes dot org
didn’t know ncis had its own website

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my cat's favorite can is the hearts and livers one. she can have all of em

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

I buy a lot of those Trader Joe's $3 premade salad bags because honestly? Eating the whole thing is a meal, there's a bunch of different versions, they take 30 seconds to make

yeah tuesday is twisted caesar night its great

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

my cat's favorite can is the hearts and livers one.

that's because your cat has nostalgia for ancient egypt, where they were worshipped as gods

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
pâté with pickled onions on crisp bread is very nice

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

pâté with pickled onions on crisp bread is very nice

that’s an appetizer at the dope French place here, super good

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Glad they finally made a place where you can get French food

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah it’s called quebec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Eeyo posted:

yeah it’s called quebec
:quebec: