Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Holy poo poo lol

Omfg that's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

etalian posted:

It had lots of Trump god tier trolling that got the crowd booing by saying things like Iraq was a mistake and Planned Parenthood provides good medical services.

Trump will put his liberal sister on the bench, refund planned parenthood, and end our disastrous free trade experiment.

good man.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Oiled and Ready posted:

Holy poo poo lol

:vince:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
In 2002 Errol Morris interviewed Donald Trump about Citizen Kane:

https://youtu.be/upC8pX3RY0A

The conclusion will not shock you.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/698740358688194560

Click on the profile of the guy Trump retweeted here... Just...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MAE2jtN3T8

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Oiled and Ready posted:

Holy poo poo lol

good, goooooood

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I'm glad Trump was totally cool with someone photoshopping a Make America Great Again hat onto a photo of his dead father.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I just finished watching a recording of the debate and now I am excite for some polls

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Just watched part of that debate. Holy poo poo was the crowd biased towards Bush. Terrible

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Rocks posted:

Just watched part of that debate. Holy poo poo was the crowd biased towards Bush. Terrible

Does it come across as genuine, or more likely as manufactured/fake?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

mike12345 posted:

Some parts of it they start booing Cruz and Trump before they even start to answer or at the beginning of their answers it seems like.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

mike12345 posted:

They are genuine Bush and Rubio supporters.

Mitt Romney posted:

Some parts of it they start booing Cruz and Trump before they even start to answer or at the beginning of their answers it seems like.

I liked the part when Rubio gave one of his pre-canned responses, and his cheerleading section had a delayed reaction. *buffering*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Montasque posted:

Trump has the best supporters:

This is actually a graph of the levels on the new Kanye West album.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mike12345 posted:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/politics/2016/02/08/no-debate-ticket-lottery-seats-going-gop-faithful/80005206/

quote:

A "huge majority" of the South Carolina Republican Party's tickets for this weekend's presidential debate have been given to county chairs, party activists and elected officials, SCGOP Executive Director Hope Walker said. The party will no longer distribute tickets through a lottery system, as it had originally planned, citing limited space at the Peace Center.

More than 25,000 people requested debate tickets through the lottery system, including some of the party activists and officials who have been given tickets "to recognize their hard work and leadership," Walker said in an emailed statement.

In each Republican debate, the Republican National Committee allocates tickets to the host state's Republican party, each candidate's campaign, and debate partners -- in this weekend's case, that would include CBS and Google.

Your best chance at getting a ticket is to be an active party or campaign volunteer, or a major campaign donor, said Chad Groover, chair of the Greenville County Republican Party. Groover was given enough tickets for some of the county party's most active volunteers to attend the debate.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
That "I miss my father" tweet gave me mega feels out of nowhere. Truly, Trump can incite every emotion that exists.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

mike12345 posted:

It came across as planted

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
It definitely felt very forced, and a lot of the live responses online were mostly annoyance and genuine confusion at the audience.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's been pointed out to me that if Cruz tries his shutdown trick on the Senate Judiciary Committee it may well be with the object of demanding his nomination. Could this be the election that a party sabotages their own presidential candidate to get rid of him? Or will they implode instead? The possibilities are fascinating!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Jewel Repetition posted:

That "I miss my father" tweet gave me mega feels out of nowhere. Truly, Trump can incite every emotion that exists.

I think that Trump and Carson are the only two candidates who can genuinely feel human emotions such as joy and sadness.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Saurus posted:

I think that Trump and Carson are the only two candidates who can genuinely feel human emotions such as joy and sadness.

Most of the candidates are going to feel sadness pretty soon.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ewe2 posted:

It's been pointed out to me that if Cruz tries his shutdown trick on the Senate Judiciary Committee it may well be with the object of demanding his nomination. Could this be the election that a party sabotages their own presidential candidate to get rid of him? Or will they implode instead? The possibilities are fascinating!

Ted Cruz would never be approved for SCOTUS. Ever.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ewe2 posted:

This would be completely insane.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Chantilly Say posted:

This would be completely insane.
Sometimes I think America exists to test all the insane things that can happen in democracy so the rest of the world doesn't have to try them themselves.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Ted Cruz would never be approved for SCOTUS. Ever.

Just to qualify, I mean presidential nomination, not SCOTUS I'm not that cynical :razz:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/OKnox/status/698712170628911104

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Tweeded at Adam "Why would I want to live there" Orth? Oh god, my twin worlds of the Xbox One and the Republican primary are colliding now that Scalia's death created a wormhole through separate lovely realities.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ewe2 posted:

Just to qualify, I mean presidential nomination, not SCOTUS I'm not that cynical :razz:

Oh, I misunderstood then and I was thinking, like, no way would he try that.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sometimes I think America exists to test all the insane things that can happen in democracy so the rest of the world doesn't have to try them themselves.

The only issue is we've got the goddamned nukes. If our economy wasn't so vital to the stability of the world and we didn't have the capability to end all life on Earth, it'd be a far more amusing poo poo show.

As it stands, despite all that it's still really funny.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
What did Cruz say in Spanish?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Aside from the fact that the several times the mods lost control of the bitchfest, they really seemed to know their audience when it came to the questions. Half of the questions were basically "Why should conservative voters vote for you when you did X thing that is not 100% conservative orthodoxy".

I also forget who got the "if you could talk to any former president" question but I rolled my eyes immediately because these debates are already filled with enough Reagen worship already, we don't need leading questions to get there.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Grem posted:

My hovercraft is full of eels.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Grem posted:

Cruz then responded in Spanish, taunting Rubio. “Ahora mismo, díselo en Español si tu quieres” the Senator from Texas said, which roughly translates to “Right now, say it in Spanish. If you want.”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's an old t-shirt joke that goes "Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over. That's basically how I feel about Trump.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/BettyBowers/status/698639054003245056
:drat:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Youth Decay posted:

I stayed at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City for a vacation when I was a kid.

Trump Taj Mahal. Yes. Of course there is.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
it is my firm belief rubio had literally no idea cruz could actually speak spanish. the look of abject "i have stepped in poop" face he made when cruz went after him in spanish was too stark to have been faked

Jeb!'s obsession with his family became readily appareant to even the meanest voter tonight

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

:stoke:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

HapiMerchant posted:

it is my firm belief rubio had literally no idea cruz could actually speak spanish. the look of abject "i have stepped in poop" face he made when cruz went after him in spanish was too stark to have been faked

Jeb!'s obsession with his family became readily appareant to even the meanest voter tonight

If I recall correctly, he didn't and he's been working on it. That was Rubio attempting to goad him into trying it out and it worked.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Let's face it, Twix is a total disaster. When I'm President, we're going to have so much candy and it's going to be great, let me tell you.

https://twitter.com/emtitus/status/698734836308172801

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
honestly that brings tears of mirth to my eyes

TRUMP

*twix*

• Locked thread