Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he swatted a house resulting in a death of a dog by a flash bang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I have to know more.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Was this in a country IMC has ever been to?

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

it was the us, so no

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

No. 6 posted:

I have to know more.

From a quick google, another Twitter/YouTube shithead did an expose on what a piece of poo poo Ian is, the one I think that outed him as never having set foot in the United States before, and Ian responded by tracking the guy down, calling into his local police department with a fake 911 call and had the SWAT team called on the guy and SWAT flashbanged his house during the breaching and killed the guy's dog either with the flashbang grenade or just shooting the dog on the way in because SWAT gonna SWAT, that's the whole reason chuds use them as impromptu for-hire hit squads against their enemies. Ian wanted them to murder a dude.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

aww, he just sounds like a normal person. so disappointing

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

I’ve said it before: if people were to actually hear Musk talk, instead of getting their impressions of him from his tweets, or from headlines, his sycophants would’ve been a fraction of what they are today. He’s one of the worst public speakers I’ve ever heard; he makes Trump’s debate chops sound like Cicero bringing down the hellfire on Catiline by comparison.

Quos ego, Trumpolinam!
:bahgawd::hist101:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

emSparkly posted:

It just hit me. Elon has enough money to raise a private army, buy any politician, or get anyone he wants assassinated, or directly enslave and be literal dictator of any given third world country he wants, and he's out here palling around with nazi conspiracy theorists and sex traffickers in broad daylight on the world's most popular website. I am so glad he's not allowed to be president because the world would absolutely be destroyed if he was allowed to push around the US military.

Twitter was nowhere close to the world's most popular website even before he bought it

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I don't quite understand it, but Trump has a certain charm that Musk completely lacks. They're both divorced the same number of times, but Trump leaves his wives.

I'm absolutely not saying you have to hand it to Trump, but the low bar Trump jumps over hits Musk square between the eyes.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Twitter was nowhere close to the world's most popular website even before he bought it

it had a few more users than reddit, iirc. it's fallen off a cliff since, ofc, unless you count bot accounts

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Conmen hone their skills by simply continuing to exist, whereas elon is just a rando failson that happened to hit multiple lotteries

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Krispy Wafer posted:

I don't quite understand it, but Trump has a certain charm that Musk completely lacks. They're both divorced the same number of times, but Trump leaves his wives.

I'm absolutely not saying you have to hand it to Trump, but the low bar Trump jumps over hits Musk square between the eyes.

For lack of a better way to put it, Trump is a self-promoter of unparalleled skill. He has more charisma in his pinky than Musk even wishes that he had.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
like, trump knows to just broadly hint at stuff and let his followers come up with the real batshit insanity. he's not out there going "this is very true" to poo poo that would get him cancelled, he knows where the fuckin line is

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Unlucky7 posted:

For lack of a better way to put it, Trump is a self-promoter of unparalleled skill. He has more charisma in his pinky than Musk even wishes that he had.

Elon doesn't realize he doesn't have charisma, he thinks people will like him because he's rich and Correct about ideas (ironically)

Trump doesn't think about it at all, he's pure id in a way that every rear end in a top hat wishes they could be so they love him

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

kazil posted:

Trump is batshit crazy but at least he can speak normally

are you ok?

do you need an ambulance?

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"

Foo Diddley posted:

like, trump knows to just broadly hint at stuff and let his followers come up with the real batshit insanity. he's not out there going "this is very true" to poo poo that would get him cancelled, he knows where the fuckin line is

Truml is from Queens, he loves musicals, he is a gay primadonna in a President's body. I think he sees humans in such a transactional way that he can't be genuinely hateful against any block of people (though he's just as racist/sexist as anyone born in the 40s.)
Musk is a ""normal"" dumb reactionary, he's doing exactly what any suburban dad would do if you gave him 250 billion dollars and told him he was the smartest person on earth

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Grimes head game must be fire for GrokDaddy to still be pining after her

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Krispy Wafer posted:

trump is actually funny and elon is extremely unfunny

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

R.L. Stine posted:

You have said the actual truth

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

R.L. Stine posted:

:hmmyes:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

can someone please just make a fash-free twitter clone already that doesn't suck mega dick like bluesky

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Toxic Mental posted:

can someone please just make a fash-free twitter clone already that doesn't suck mega dick like bluesky

Looking into this

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Toxic Mental posted:

It's not fash-free it's $8

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1734011419887092089?s=20

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1733938521084158090?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 11, 2023

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

Toxic Mental posted:

If I could use Blue Sky with Ivory all the time I would be so thrilled

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I think the really hosed up thing is that the poop map app got VC funding.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Krispy Wafer posted:

Elon is the best smart boy so he’s calling it a limbo stick.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Donnie is a bad dad and knows a lovely fail son when he see one and knows he should ignore those.

also imagine some how being a worse fail son than stank or chod.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I have created Grok 9000

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

smellmycheese posted:

I have created Grok 9000

You made something, but that doesn’t mean you had to share it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

PhazonLink posted:

Donnie is a bad dad and knows a lovely fail son when he see one and knows he should ignore those.

also imagine some how being a worse fail son than stank or chod.

Daily reminder that Elon's dad thinks he should have been bullied more as a kid

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

smoobles posted:

piss tape is real

I didn’t listen to it so would like to imagine it was just like this:

https://youtu.be/JAtc0R4Hq7Q?si=ubHiKa0Vm-f5xi_h

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

No. 6 posted:

I have to know more.

Here's some context I found about this.

The cliffnotes seem to be that Ian Miles Cheong was fueding with another alt-right youtuber, so he allegedly called the local police and told them he was armed, had large amounts of cocaine and was a dangerous person.

IMC admitted doing this initially, but when it came out that his call allegedly resulted in a swat team killing the person's dog he walked it back claiming it was all a joke and he never actually called anyone. However even if we give him the undeserved benefit of the doubt, he doxxed the guy during the admission so he'd still responsible from a stochastic terrorism angle if his fans were inspired to call too.

That's about as far as I was willing to check before my googling of these guys and watching videos would ruin my content algorithms.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Krispy Wafer posted:

Trump has a kind of charisma that works on certain sections of society, and as mentioned has the nous to let the nutters on the fringe do the fascism.

To be clear - I think he was a terrible President and in many ways paved the way for the hell we live in now, but he was at least genuine in his sentiments, even if they were often anti-liberal. He wasn't pretending to be a centrist. I can also accept that if he spoke your language, so to speak, that he could be quite charming, particularly in person.

I think it speaks more to how Musk is unremittingly a complete charisma vacuum, to be honest. The guy is just a nasty piece of work, through and through.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Polish-Norwgian mechanic behind Tesla Files gets the 2023 Blueprint Whistleblowing Prize

edit: Translation may or may not work - it always seems to be wonky with NRK

Anders fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Dec 11, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nine-gear crow posted:

Which is hilarious because there are people out there who speak Afrikaans and who make it an interesting accent to listen to. I'm thinking someone like Sharlto Copley for example. Dude rocks the poo poo out of his native accent. A guy like Musk meanwhile is a bore of Boer who mutters and mumbles so much you can't really tell WHAT accent he has other than "charisma-less weirdo".

I had a bunch of Afrikaans who were docs when I was little and they all had dope accents. The issue I think is musk doesn’t even really have one he just sounds like a dumb Anton Chigurh but like a parody version but mixed with Napoleon dynamite.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I someone managed to escape hearing Musk’s actual voice up until a few years ago and Christ it’s so dull. I’ve worked with a zillion different South Africans before and the accent is pretty cool, Musk sounds like a sullen teenager told he has to go to his grandma’s house that only has 56k.

Like everything about Musk is lethally rizzless.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Do you think Linda the Yacc enjoys Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Peter Thiel timed his emergency meeting to oust Musk when he was travelling because he thought Musk was charasmatic enough in person to defend himself. I'm not sure whether the drugs have rot that part of his brain or what because I can't imagine how he'd need to go to such lengths with the Musk I've seen.