Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I'm so good I handicap myself with lovely builds or it's just not fun :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

"I'm bad but these two guys were worse."

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

I don't know why he's so smug about it either, people handicap themselves all the time. It can be fun dicking around with an srm2/flamer commando or nuking storm crows with a boomjack.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

But see even with gently caress around builds he's pro tier. Or did you not see how people applauded him in game when he started showing the Orion was viable? He was just that internet famous as a top atlas pilot.

We really need that clapping citizen Kane gif with an atlas head.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

But see even with gently caress around builds he's pro tier. Or did you not see how people applauded him in game when he started showing the Orion was viable?

And that Orions name was Albert Einstein.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Skoll posted:

"I'm bad but these two guys were worse."

So lol did your thread calling CWI out on essentially exploiting get dumpstered?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

So lol did your thread calling CWI out on essentially exploiting get dumpstered?

Some try hards came in with their get gud usual BS and I told them to get hosed, not everyone is a lonely computer nerd who plays bad F2Ps all day.

Haven't checked it since because I forgot about it honestly, and I'm like knee deep in car diagrams to help this dude fix his classic Camaro I may buy so low priority to extract more tears from retard pubs.

Yet I'm on SA. :downs:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Skoll posted:

extract more tears from retard pubs.

Yet I'm on SA. :downs:

Hey, SA is a walled garden of retards. It's a world of difference.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
patch notes for tomorrow

https://mwomercs.com/news/2016/05/1546-patch-notes-1469-17may2016

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ummmk

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You have been judged, and found unworthy.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

I see the problem...

You're a Jenner IIC pilot.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv

Kodiak preview stream at 9 ET

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to find out how much a mech I dont own yet would be worth if i sold him?
Like, I want a Clan XL300 for my jenner, but what i dont want is pay 5 million for an engine.
The Orion IIC has an XL300, and 2x UAC10 that i could use.

So would I make a cut on the 315 engine if i bought the Orion, replaced the xl300 with an xl315 and sold him back?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

To my understanding, you'd end up spending more money because the engine cost is factored fully into the chassis cost and are in fact the bulk of the cost. You're better off just buying the engine solo and selling the unwanted engine solo, as you wouldn't get full value from reselling the chassis back.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Pretty sure you're not going to get any savings if you salvaged the 300 off the Orion then sold it off. Just buy the 300 and sell the smaller engine from the Jenner.

e;fb

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

aniviron posted:

You have been judged, and found unworthy.

Stringbean posted:

I see the problem...

You're a Jenner IIC pilot.

:smith:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Alternatively turn that frown into a different frown at your teammates for having such bad damage numbers.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Well that was certainly an...interesting stream. At the end, watched a Death's Knell almost kill a Spirit Bear....

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Repo Man posted:

Well that was certainly an...interesting stream. At the end, watched a Death's Knell almost kill a Spirit Bear....

The armor and hitboxes are that bad?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Hey man... Maybe the DK pilot was really good 😐

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
idgaf about this game anymore and i had fun with my shadow cat so i'm just going to launder my cbills into the unit coffer or whatever for you guys

edit-- oh wait you kids demoted me to j4g scum so i can't anymore lol nvm

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
The Kodiak does seem to have huge hit boxes, but really it was Sean Lang's streaming buddy who was a super lovely pilot who only managed 1 srm strike on the Knell. Also watching 2 Kodiaks take on 2 Atlas, it's amazing how badly the Kodiaks got rolled. Again though, Sean Lang.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
From what I gathered from the twitch stream, is that the Kodiak won't be a frontline pusher. In terms of clan and IS, the Direwolf and the Atlas respectively still reign. This feels more like the Maulers equivalent. A massive gunboat. A second line assault that can tear poo poo up and take some damage.

The Spirit Bear is going to be amazing though, 90 kph masc speed. It also looks like the XL400 won't need to be replaced with anything smaller. Lang and crew were able to outfit the gently caress out of most of them with the default engine.

If you want quad gauss/AC/LB20 then you gotta downgrade to a standard.

e: bought an Adder last night. Mount everything in the torso and go to town.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 11:41 on May 17, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Stringbean posted:

From what I gathered from the twitch stream, is that the Kodiak won't be a frontline pusher. In terms of clan and IS, the Direwolf and the Atlas respectively still reign. This feels more like the Maulers equivalent. A massive gunboat. A second line assault that can tear poo poo up and take some damage.

The Spirit Bear is going to be amazing though, 90 kph masc speed. It also looks like the XL400 won't need to be replaced with anything smaller. Lang and crew were able to outfit the gently caress out of most of them with the default engine.

If you want quad gauss/AC/LB20 then you gotta downgrade to a standard.

e: bought an Adder last night. Mount everything in the torso and go to town.

One thing that was interesting is that the better players in the stream (i.e. not the Cameraman) were using the MASC to straight up-avoid alphas. If you can hit it just before the other dude fires, suddenly all his missiles go flying behind you instead of in you.

still won't be able to Atlas like an Atlas can, but it looks fun!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I'm thinks mg of it less like a dad and more like a heavier clan banshee. Play it like a heavy with insane weapons capacity.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm thinks mg of it less like a dad and more like a heavier clan banshee. Play it like a heavy with insane weapons capacity.

I'm honestly curious to see if it can make quad gauss a legit thing

dire wolf can do it but the mounts aren't nearly as high

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Pattonesque posted:

I'm honestly curious to see if it can make quad gauss a legit thing

dire wolf can do it but the mounts aren't nearly as high

It should be able to do quad gauss with 8 tons of ammo but it would be sloooow with a small standard engine. quad LB10x +4 lpl may be possible too.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Lang put together a quad gauss KDK. But it had a STD280 and I think it was about 4-5 tons of ammo.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
quad UAC/10 should be p. brutal on it

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

quad UAC/10 should be p. brutal on it

Or quad 5s with bigger lasers and more ammo.

Also the cockpit view is atrocious. But if it performs well, who cares... We'll see.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSUW-Z_Cnc0

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Since when do clans get ghost heat for firing more than 3 UAC/5s? (They might have always gotten it I don't play clan mechs)

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Xenothral posted:

Since when do clans get ghost heat for firing more than 3 UAC/5s? (They might have always gotten it I don't play clan mechs)

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment#weapon_heatscale

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Trip report :

Kodiak is loving bad. This thing feels more fragile than the Catapults.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Oh, it's a pretty negligible amount for the C-UAC/5s anyway looks like. Especially for an assault.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Random Number posted:

It should be able to do quad gauss with 8 tons of ammo but it would be sloooow with a small standard engine. quad LB10x +4 lpl may be possible too.

Go on

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Well this seems like the most balanced match I've had. It was a slaughter.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Xenothral posted:

Well this seems like the most balanced match I've had. It was a slaughter.

That's a lot of bears

What did you think of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

That's a lot of bears

What did you think of it?

I've only played a few matches in it so far, but it's pretty fun! It seems to die kinda fast, but right now I'm mostly chalking that up to there being at least 6-8 Kodiaks per team a lot of the time.

• Locked thread