Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

BYOB has a long standing tradition of admiring cute waitstaff from afar and doing nothing

Maybe you should try that

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

FluffieDuckie posted:

BYOB has a long standing tradition of admiring cute waitstaff from afar and doing nothing

Maybe you should try that

While that is the old standby, I figure I should try something new for once.

My thing with waitresses is, how stupid is it for me to think they're into me, or to perceive flirting, when, in reality, they're just (successfully, I might add) trying to get good tips?

Macnult

The Bananana posted:

My thing with waitresses is, how stupid is it for me to think they're into me, or to perceive flirting, when, in reality, they're just (successfully, I might add) trying to get good tips?

You don't need to be certain that someone is flirting with you before asking them out. Just ask for her number and if she turns you down then move on (don't tip her less either because that's a dick move).

FluffieDuckie

The Bananana posted:

You're not wrong. And waitresses get hit on all the time. But hell, ask her out. Worst case you have to find a new place to eat if she turns you down.

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Um... this place has really good pancakes.

FluffieDuckie

The Bananana posted:

Tough call then

The Bananana

You guys are very wise. Thank you for your guidance. :L

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
are you 100% sure she's not a zombie?

The Bananana

Luvcow posted:

are you 100% sure she's not a zombie?

:whitewater:

Now that you mention it, no I am not...

alnilam

Whatever you do just don't be too persistent. She's basically trapped there so using her as a captive audience for your flirtation for longer than one quick number-ask is uncool.
(e: that doesn't mean you can't find a cute way to initiate the number ask I'm just saying don't push it and remember that she's stuck there)

If she says no just say okay that's cool sorry to bother you, she won't hold it against you as long as you don't act weird towards her and you can still get pancakes

Worst case scenario i make good pancakes come to my place

alnilam fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 12, 2016

The Bananana

alnilam posted:

Whatever you do just don't be too persistent. She's basically trapped there so using her as a captive audience for your flirtation for longer than one quick number-ask is uncool.

If she says no just say okay that's cool sorry to bother you, she won't hold it against you as long as you don't act weird towards her and you can still get pancakes

Worst case scenario i make good pancakes come to my place

:wink:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
pancakes

Macnult

looking for love in all the wrong pancakes

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

looking for love in all the wrong pancakes

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
a tv series where each episode the protagonist sees a different potential love in his pancakes, his mentor is a wise old maple tree in his backyard

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*jack on his cell phone talking with the maple tree* "oh my god! its her, the girl i saw in my pancakes this morning! i gotta go dude!"

*maple tree* "good luck jack, good luck..." *phone hangs up*

The Bananana

Can the maple trees name be Mable?

And it's one of those things where, at the end of the series, after a season or two of will they won't they tension, it turns out Jack and Mable get together?

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

a tv series where each episode the protagonist sees a different potential love in his pancakes, his mentor is a wise old maple tree in his backyard

the perfect syrup is nothing without the perfect pancake

what is it that makes love truly thrive? the right batter? the perfect ratio of chocolate chips?

Macnult

Jack meets Latke and is nervous to introduce her to his Catholic family

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Lastgirl posted:

2nd season foreshadows him, 3rd season is coming out next week on netflix so i finished up at the right time :sun:

it was actually pretty heavy and sad though, fitting for its theme i suppose

I was kinda hoping it was going to be more like that seance episode, which was good as hell.

----------------

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
mable story

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

bird.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Brownian! You disappeared after you requested a sig! I drew it but you never came back!!

you are the best and thank you I will go find the image today and sig it.

I am back now!! :)

Ursula Le Goon

hello thread. byob is an entirely new world for me but you all seem like nice and chill ppl so i look forward to your posts. peace :coffee:

:love: sig made by vanisher :love:

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

*jack on his cell phone talking with the maple tree* "oh my god! its her, the girl i saw in my pancakes this morning! i gotta go dude!"

*maple tree* "good luck jack, good luck..." *phone hangs up*

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
godspeed, jack

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Sankta Lucia posted:

hello thread. byob is an entirely new world for me but you all seem like nice and chill ppl so i look forward to your posts. peace :coffee:

second saint has hit the thread!

hi

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?

Sankta Lucia posted:

hello friend!

MrWillsauce

Luvcow posted:

pancakes

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

The Bananana posted:

It doesn't matter if she's flirting with you or not because you can ask someone out even if they're not flirting with you.

But I will tell you in my experience that I've never met anyone who works in a service job who likes being asked out when they're working the job, especially from a customer who's going to come back. We're working. We don't have time for that. It's an automatic no for me if a dude tries to pick me up while I'm working. It's not even a judgement on them. I just have other things to do than figure out whether I want to pursue a relationship. And it's creepy when they wait until you're finishing your shift to ask. It's just not meant to be. If we meet some other way, fine.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

Sankta Lucia posted:

Welcome, Sankta! Glad you could make it.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Ostentatious

ask her what her favorite overwatch hero is

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The Bananana posted:

don't risk it, pancakes are true love

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

also good morning byob, i am having pancakes with my oldest friend (she's 93!). she's going to model the coat i made at our guild meeting, then we're going the bookstore and i'm taking her to the dispensary because she's cool as h*ck.

The Bananana

I guess I'll just have to keep getting pamcakes then. :/

The Bananana

So you're sayin' there's a chance!?

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

The Bananana posted:

So you're sayin' there's a chance!?

Yes :) It's just not a big chance and it might make things a little awkward but you only live once. Wouldn't you like to find out for yourself what happens when you ask a cute waitress out?

alnilam

I once dated a cute waitress who i asked out while she was at work, it can happen!! Just be respectful and don't be a creep

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
i think you should ask the 93 year old out she sounds way cooler than this waitress

eonwe

The Bananana posted:

You guys are very wise. Thank you for your guidance. :L

order two stacks of pancakes and ask if she wants one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe

if they are that good, who could resist