Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Has anyone used the Greatdagger that you get from the bird-like enemies (full name escapes me at the moment)? Big gnarly sword-looking thing of a dagger. I've decided passed purely on Fashion Souls / Assassin RP reasons that I'm going to make it my secondary weapon once I finish maxing out the Estoc. Is it any good? Is the side-strike/expose power useful/any more so than the Estoc's shield pierce power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite part of PvP is invading in that area where the Giant is shooting great arrows in the Undead Settlement. Managed to take on host + a bunch of phantoms by myself in there so fun.

my least favorite part of pvp is the lag. So many times I've hit someone for sure only for it to not register. Main problem might be using a spear which might have too precise of a hit area or something

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 20, 2016

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Tallgeese posted:

I have a flawless method to raise my Item Discovery to a very high four digits, and even then I don't seem to get many.

How? Just curious. Is there some kind of stacking glitch?

Unless it's one of the "ways" I don't want to know about because it will just cause unnecessary and nonproductive bickering here.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

turtlecrunch posted:

Good thing I fought Yhorm straight-up first time as a sorcerer and didn't do anything gimmicky like stand really far away shooting projectiles at him. I got the authentic experience and not some silly puzzle fight.

e: beaten by two minutes :frogdowns:

Designing a fight around projectile spam where the boss has no way to respond to the projectiles was pretty loving dumb.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

the abyss watchers fight might be the easiest in any souls game.

this is a game series with poo poo like covetous demon and pinwheel in it.

abyss watchers isn't even in the easiest boss in that general area.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

How? Just curious. Is there some kind of stacking glitch?

Unless it's one of the "ways" I don't want to know about because it will just cause unnecessary and nonproductive bickering here.

That last one. Most of the ways to do it have horrific bugs.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Acting like the action movie hero I am in real life, I kicked a mimic off the side of a moving elevator to his doom.

If this happens to you too, you can find his item where he initially spawned.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Oh that is such bullshit I killed this guy's phantom and got killed a second latear by the host and didn't get credit for the kill. What a load! Mound Maker thingy said I had to kill at least one phantom. :(

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
This was one of my more interesting ways to die.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ether%20Frenzy/video/16770898

Also, sorry hostbro (lol)
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ether%20Frenzy/video/16770916

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

e: oops

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 20, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh that is such bullshit I killed this guy's phantom and got killed a second latear by the host and didn't get credit for the kill. What a load! Mound Maker thingy said I had to kill at least one phantom. :(

some dude invaded my friend while i was sunlighting for the boss and i killed the invader (friend had already gone into the boss) and i guess i entered the fog too early as it didn't act as if i killed him.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Ah yes, the good ol' infinite gravity issue.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ether Frenzy posted:

You ascended to a higher plane of existence.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Is there any trick to Dancer? I am whaling on her with a freshly-enchanted dark sword, and usually I only get 50% through her before something goes wrong. Usually, one or both of my summons get insta-killed or double-tapped, and I'm only able to sloooowly chip away at her health. I increased my health a bit so that now I can survive her insta-kill attack if I'm fully healed (but the one and only time this happened, she immediately used her fire explosion and I had no way to get out of range).

I got her down to 10% earlier, but this fight is just super dumb. I'm dodging 80% of her attacks, blocking some and taking the rest, and there doesn't seem like there is any clever strategy that I'm missing

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think I just found the easiest way to start the game :stare: I picked the Warrior, took off my chest armor (gotta show them abs) and threw away my shield. Every stat point has gone into STR. Every enemy dies in a hit or two.

...And then I got a Greataxe drop. At +2 it killed Vordt in just a few hits and I can one-shot the Lothric Knights :getin: Here's hoping Morne's Great Hammer doesn't suck like DS1's Grant.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lmao, I just invaded the rafters area on the way to the fingers covenant (one of the most op imba places to invade) and transformed into a big gigantic statue and then slowly made my way to the host and his phantom who were across the way (but still up in the rafters area). they just kinda watched me slowly approach and spin around (as a big ole statue) and then the host tried to cast magic @ me a few times and fell off to his death. his phantom then sat down and cried.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Help Im Alive posted:

I had a similar thing happen where invisible walls started forming around me after I broke some pots and I had to homeward bone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ixiiQd83OU

Hah.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
In Irithyll Dungeon how do you get to the item on the wooden rafter above the giant?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Man I do not know if I have the patience to go back to that cage guy just to see if that man has any dialog about my joining his silly covenant.

He dies once I beat the Cursed tree yeah? But I can still put points into the covenant?

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I find it really annoying that I have to make an enemy out of the Darkmoon lady every time I wanna respec in a game. I'll get to her storyline eventually I guess.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Ether Frenzy posted:

rest in peace in the clouds

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

RatHat posted:

In Irithyll Dungeon how do you get to the item on the wooden rafter above the giant?

from the bottom of the pit (you can drop off the stone bridge mostly safely), there is a side room with a mimic and a ladder leading up.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This Mad phantom poo poo is stupid. Everybody treats me like an invader, all the monsters are aggro, so it's basically a PVP covenant but with poo poo odds for the invader and no real incentive for the summoner to participate. :/

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

Ether Frenzy posted:

That exact thing happened to me in that exact spot. FROM????

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Just realized I completely ruined the entire point of being hollow storyline-wise because i swung at a group of statues. Oh Well!! (ugh).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
A lot of people wear the thrall hat. The general souls populace has good taste in fashion sometimes.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I found a Shrine to Unhollow myself. I know that this effects the ending somehow, should I do it or stay the same? Yuria has already replaced Yoel

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Fun fact,: I got my Symbol of Avarice from the first mimic under the dragon by lobbing Undead Hunter Charms at it. Chuck one, wait for it to sleep, check. If no drop, just wait for it to wake up, chuck another charm, check again. After 4 charms I got my rad murder helmet.

On another note, last time I fought Wolnir, he never summoned his sword or skeletons making it super easy. This time on my Dex/Int char he did both and it was amazing. The trick with the skeletons though was to just ignore them and let Wolnir do his arm sweep/smash to kill them for you.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Dancer grabbed me and smashed me through the floor geometry so I was completely stuck. I love completely wasted attempts. Also the framerate blows in this fight.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I found a Shrine to Unhollow myself. I know that this effects the ending somehow, should I do it or stay the same? Yuria has already replaced Yoel

I don't think it matters so long as you don't purge the Dark Sigils, but I think that is exactly what the statue will do. So if you want the associated ending, I wouldn't mess with it. I think you can use Purging stones you can buy from Yuria if you want to look like a pretty princess without ruining the quest line/ending.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This Mad phantom poo poo is stupid. Everybody treats me like an invader, all the monsters are aggro, so it's basically a PVP covenant but with poo poo odds for the invader and no real incentive for the summoner to participate. :/

Sometimes it works out. I summoned a mad phantom when going through the high wall on a new character, and they were actually helpful, even taking down an invading red.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

codo27 posted:

2/2 against that awful rat face thing you face on the bridge to Ithyrill. 0/3 against them in their second location

yeah jesus the one is trivial with a lil bleed but 2 at a time is brutal

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Your Computer posted:

I think I just found the easiest way to start the game :stare: I picked the Warrior, took off my chest armor (gotta show them abs) and threw away my shield. Every stat point has gone into STR. Every enemy dies in a hit or two.

...And then I got a Greataxe drop. At +2 it killed Vordt in just a few hits and I can one-shot the Lothric Knights :getin: Here's hoping Morne's Great Hammer doesn't suck like DS1's Grant.

go full dragon

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Genocyber posted:

Bits from these three item descriptions.

The only flame that meets that description is the Flame of Chaos.

The Flame of Chaos is gone now.

Yhorm is the one that did it.

So uh, is Irithyll also Frozen Eleum Loyce? Cause that's where the Bed of Chaos was last game. And they're both frozen cities that kinda look like Anor Londo.

Elman fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 20, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Greirat question: Does letting him go off a third time, die, and bringing back his ashes get you any new items that just letting him stay after leaving the second time wouldn't?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I made a character that was supposed to be my 100% character but I'm giving up on it cause I waited too long to go after covenant items and nobody stays in the Way of Blue. I left my character logged in for 24 hours now as a blue sentinel and I haven't got a single hit.

So what's a good SL/Upgrade Level for getting Blue Sentinel summons?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

Sometimes it works out. I summoned a mad phantom when going through the high wall on a new character, and they were actually helpful, even taking down an invading red.

What criteria gets you the reward? I want my bones

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Alabaster White posted:

That's the only entrance to the zone.

Oh okay, so the first bonfire is the "Abandoned Tomb" then? I just thought the fact I could run straight to the boss was suspect

Corte posted:

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the assist!

No prob!
I went through the same thing.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Use the red-eye orb. Enemies wont attack you if you invade doing that..i mean, it hasn't happened to me yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Holy poo poo the Peaks boss is rad. First half of the fight seems kinda pointless but it looks cool so that's good enough. What a tense fight.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Use the red-eye orb. Enemies wont attack you if you invade doing that..i mean, it hasn't happened to me yet.

It's probably the host using a giant seed. They are really easy to come by this time around so there's really no reason not to pop one every time you get invaded.