Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I won a $100 iTunes gift card at work and don’t really have anything I want to buy with it - what’s the best way to waste invest it in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

1st AD posted:

I won a $100 iTunes gift card at work and don’t really have anything I want to buy with it - what’s the best way to waste invest it in this game?

Grab a vault of crystals and use it to maintain a more aggressive energy refresh cycle towards whatever projects you’re working on.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Might have to switch to a cls/rhan/chewie arena team. My ezpz is getting less and less effective with all the revan and bastila teams.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Might have to switch to a cls/rhan/chewie arena team. My ezpz is getting less and less effective with all the revan and bastila teams.

I'm only seeing CLS/Traya/Revan doing well in the top 50 in my shard, now. There are some other teams that mix in Chewie but I don't think he's a good fit. There are a few zBast teams barely hanging on.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

tadashi posted:

I'm only seeing CLS/Traya/Revan doing well in the top 50 in my shard, now. There are some other teams that mix in Chewie but I don't think he's a good fit. There are a few zBast teams barely hanging on.

Well I dont have traya or revan so

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My character focuses right now are Sion, Bastila and Bossk in the regular battles, and Vet Chewie in Cantina, I was curious if any other characters I'm interested in are worth putting resources into

Young Lando, L3, Rose, Krennic, General Kenobi, Qui-Gon and Rebel Officers Leia. Ships the Sith figher and Lando's Falcon.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Most of the Solo dudes are really good across various comps, especially Nest, L3 and Qi'ra. Qi'ra is the only smuggler lead, so there's also that. If you don't already, get a squad of smugglers (not just scoundrels) for the new recurring event. You need them at 6* for the highest tier. Note that RHan, new Chewie and the vets count.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Seconding Enfys (if you can get to her node) and then embo is good too, especially if you are already working on bossk

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

General Kenobi is still a top character but he's the hardest gear in the game

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Crumbletron posted:

Most of the Solo dudes are really good across various comps, especially Nest, L3 and Qi'ra. Qi'ra is the only smuggler lead, so there's also that. If you don't already, get a squad of smugglers (not just scoundrels) for the new recurring event. You need them at 6* for the highest tier. Note that RHan, new Chewie and the vets count.

Nice. Nest is super annoying because my fleet has been stuck at 4-e forever. I think my problem is my top ships are too support heavy rather than offensive.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Nice. Nest is super annoying because my fleet has been stuck at 4-e forever. I think my problem is my top ships are too support heavy rather than offensive.

The later ship hard nodes can be a bitch. Some of them need actual specific comps to beat. I had to switch to Tarkin/geos for some of them. I reached Nest's node, but still can't beat it until I work on my geos more.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
a lot of the 5- hard nodes is just trusting rnjesus. There was one I got absolutely wrecked 5 attempts in a row then 3*d with the exact same comp

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

My character focuses right now are Sion, Bastila and Bossk in the regular battles, and Vet Chewie in Cantina, I was curious if any other characters I'm interested in are worth putting resources into

Young Lando, L3, Rose, Krennic, General Kenobi, Qui-Gon and Rebel Officers Leia. Ships the Sith figher and Lando's Falcon.

GK and L3 are both really good. The rest is eh. I like Krennic a lot, but he's not NEEDED for anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

GK and L3 are both really good. The rest is eh. I like Krennic a lot, but he's not NEEDED for anything.

He was on there becuase my Arena/high power team is Palp, Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn and Nilhius and I don't know if I want to switch anyone out eventually, like put an Empire character in there instead. Death and Shore Troopers is already on the list.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

He was on there becuase my Arena/high power team is Palp, Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn and Nilhius and I don't know if I want to switch anyone out eventually, like put an Empire character in there instead. Death and Shore Troopers is already on the list.

Having sion in there makes nihilus way better, and sion is just better in general. The standard nightmare team is EP, Nihilus, Sion, Sith Trooper, then either vader or thrawn, at least until you get traya

the main need for krennic is dark side territory battles when you need 15 of them to fill platoons

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

The odd man out there is def Tarkin (for Sion), but if you ever get Traya he can still see use under EP lead (assuming you run something like Trio/SithT +1 like Thrawn or Dooku) in TW D. You can also use Tarkin as a lead for an offensive IPD comp on TW O.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, my long term goal is to move Tarkin to a more Imperial only team. And that's why Sion is being worked on.

I figure a good Jedi team for Bastila to lead is Yoda, GK, QG...anaka, Ashoka or whoever?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, my long term goal is to move Tarkin to a more Imperial only team. And that's why Sion is being worked on.

I figure a good Jedi team for Bastila to lead is Yoda, GK, QG...anaka, Ashoka or whoever?

The go to bastila team I've seen is bastila/GMY/hermit/GK/+1. First choice seems to be Ezra(z) I personally use QGJ at least untill my ezra is ready.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

rocket_Magnet posted:

The go to bastila team I've seen is bastila/GMY/hermit/GK/+1. First choice seems to be Ezra(z) I personally use QGJ at least untill my ezra is ready.

comedy option is ahsoka fulcrum

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

comedy option is ahsoka fulcrum

She is someone I was curious about too, but I rarely see her in arena or GW, sometimes TW.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

She is someone I was curious about too, but I rarely see her in arena or GW, sometimes TW.

So many buffs for her to eat on a bastila team, here she is annihilating an rjt from full hp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bDXG10LftY

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

So many buffs for her to eat on a bastila team, here she is annihilating an rjt from full hp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bDXG10LftY

NIce! Maybe I will lever her, eventually.

Also what are people using for emulation? Nox stopped working on my system.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I got two requests to join QGJ, I didn't see anything in the discord so if it's someone trying to get their alts in, post here.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Requesting on Losar, main account

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Endor Escalation is some bullshit. It requires only 4* but even my 7* killbear team can't beat Tier 1. Hell I can't get past the third match let alone five.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Can some kind soul please tell me what the hell I should be doing to be ready for hitting 85? I've got phoenix mostly 7*, and have been working on NS as a side project. I am aware my mods are likely complete rear end so will be looking at some kind of tutorial for those soon. Any advice on what I should be farming/ keeping an eye out for would be really appreciated. Here's my swgoh link

https://swgoh.gg/p/228685276/characters/

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

Endor Escalation is some bullshit. It requires only 4* but even my 7* killbear team can't beat Tier 1. Hell I can't get past the third match let alone five.

The trick is to get wicket to 7* by farming him on his node instead so you can skip tier 1 forever and do tier 2 with your preferred squad for zetas

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

G8ish with 50+ speed sets is enough for me with Chirpa/Paploo/Logray/EE/Wicket. I used to use Teebo in that 5th slot before I got wicket geared.

Crumbletron posted:

The trick is to get wicket to 7* by farming him on his node instead so you can skip tier 1 forever and do tier 2 with your preferred squad for zetas

Uh... you can do each one once tho, why skip tier 1?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

G8ish with 50+ speed sets is enough for me with Chirpa/Paploo/Logray/EE/Wicket. I used to use Teebo in that 5th slot before I got wicket geared.

Uh... you can do each one once tho, why skip tier 1?

The joke is I never have time to work on my Ewoks :smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh man I only just discovered I can do the Hoth Battles without deploying into the zone.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Oh man I only just discovered I can do the Hoth Battles without deploying into the zone.

That's gonna make your life a whole lot easier, I'd imagine.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

twistedmentat posted:

what does this mean? I don't get it

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Anyone want to help choose my next zetas? I have one ready to go and burning a hole in my phone.

Chewbacca - Loyal Friend (using him in my rebels arena team, but he's only 5 stars)
CLS (arena leader. Already have It Binds All Things... are either of the other two zetas really worth it?)
Finn (would make LSTB easier, but I already have a pretty easy time with them since I'm so light-side heavy)
General Veers (would make DSTB easier, and I need all the help I can get with them.)
Kylo Ren Unmasked (DSTB and TW... I'm short on good TW teams and I hear FO is a great defensive team)
Bastilla (I guess having a kick rear end Jedi team would be cool)

Hon. Mentions:
Vandor Chewbacca (I'm working toward building that really tough Scoundrels team for TW and this zeta is a must for it)
Asajj (My Nightsisters are absolute poo poo, and I don't even have Talzin, but they're my next big project. Probably should wait on this one, right?)
Darth Vader (I hear he's great for HAAT, which I suck at, plus I use his TIE in my ship's arena team)

Edit: forgot one. I have a pretty decent Rogue One team. Do any of the zetas take the team to the next level? Again, it would be nice to have some more effective TW teams.

Of these, what do you think my next 2-3 zetas should be? Thanks!!

Rand Ecliptic fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 7, 2018

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Veers is solid and really makes the imperial troopers a good team. It's not even his leader so you can sub in Thrawn or Palp lead and keep veer's zeta going for specific matches.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Of those, do Veers, then Chewie, then either Bastila or KRU, depending on how your Jedi or FO are respectively.

Assuming you aren’t sitting on more than 3 Zetas right now, don’t plan more than 3 Zetas out; in a month and change, priorities will have changed probably.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

General Veers it is! Thanks guys.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Rand Ecliptic posted:

Post your swgoh.gg profile so i can peep your toons :heysexy:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Rand Ecliptic posted:

Also, get on Discord so that this guy:

fishtobaskets posted:

can mock you and spend his workdays making memes about you.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

fishtobaskets posted:

https://swgoh.gg/p/333276674/characters/

Nothing to write home about. I zeta'd Veers, but my Imp Troopers are weak, so I'm gonna have to beef them up now to justify the zeta haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
My imp troopers aren't all that beefcake either; G12 DT, G11 ShT, G10 zVeers, G10 snow, G9 stark, with mostly leftover mods and they work great.
I can auto the first 3 stages of the ewok event without issue, i can do the IPD node in TB without issue, i can use them to delete any nightsister team in TW, i can use them for a 4-encounter TB battle in every stage of TB.

zVeers is the single most impactful zeta that i often use i'd say (now that zFinn is barely being used any more)

More importantly, it is a FUN zeta. It feels so great to use Veers mass assist and have all your dudes nuke a victim then get to attack again.
So many zetas are so boring. Good and useful sure, but boring. zVeers is good but also a ton of fun. even if it wasn't the most "useful" zeta on your list it would certainly have been one of the best picks regardless, due to how fun it is.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 8, 2018