Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I can't stop laughing at these spoilers oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/culturedleftpeg/status/1192917154703826946

This was after Lashley laid out Rusev. Again.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

DarkstarIV posted:

The Kabuki Warriors defeated Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair to retain the Women's Tag Titles after Shayna Baszler and Bayley interfered, resulting in Becky getting rolled up.

I thought there was no brand switching?

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
this entire page of the thread is loving hilarious

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m dying to know how much they’re gonna sweeten the crowd for the TV.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

WALTER better chop all the idiot whiny baby out of Seth.

there wouldn't be anything left

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao at all of this

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jubs posted:

I thought there was no brand switching?

Shayna had jumped Bayley on Smackdown. Again. And I think everyone should know by now that people show up on other brands all the time around Survivor Series, because its the "one time a year" where WWE's brands collide!!!!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

He doesn’t deserve better lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jubs posted:

So the bump last week caused her to have a miscarriage?

what's snitsky up to these days

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Rusev immediately went backstage and kissed vince and all the producers on the cheek for working so hard

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Erick Rowan squashed a jobber. Also:

https://twitter.com/culturedleftpeg/status/1192919303693176832

Very glad to see NXT UK talent being used to put over main roster talent in a squash.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I mean... the purpose of the match was to further the Women's triple threat by making Shayna and Bayley interfere. The tag match on Monday was WWE basically saying "Thanks for going to SA Natalia and toeing the company line". This seemed to be to piss off Becky by having Shayna and Bayley cost her a Tag Team title match.

He's completely ignoring the fact that it was a gently caress finish to further a story line first and foremost. And not like, an actual competitive match at a PPV where people believe the title would change hands. But whatever, it's stupid, but I also don't feel like people care or feel cheated that Natalya wasn't in a match. I find it much more insulting as a fan that they would have Natalya submit Asuka in any circumstances and have a champion lose clean like that.

But Alvarez always gets hung up on details like that and say fans are insulted when I guarantee zero people were going "But what about Natalya!"

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

DarkstarIV posted:

Shayna had jumped Bayley on Smackdown. Again. And I think everyone should know by now that people show up on other brands all the time around Survivor Series, because its the "one time a year" where WWE's brands collide!!!!

Why did Brock have to quit Smackdown then?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jubs posted:

Why did Brock have to quit Smackdown then?

:iiam:

Your guess is as good as mine. But he's officially been assigned to RAW now I guess. He must really dislike short people though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Astro7x posted:

I mean... the purpose of the match was to further the Women's triple threat by making Shayna and Bayley interfere. The tag match on Monday was WWE basically saying "Thanks for going to SA Natalia and toeing the company line". This seemed to be to piss off Becky by having Shayna and Bayley cost her a Tag Team title match.

He's completely ignoring the fact that it was a gently caress finish to further a story line first and foremost. And not like, an actual competitive match at a PPV where people believe the title would change hands. But whatever, it's stupid, but I also don't feel like people care or feel cheated that Natalya wasn't in a match. I find it much more insulting as a fan that they would have Natalya submit Asuka in any circumstances and have a champion lose clean like that.

But Alvarez always gets hung up on details like that and say fans are insulted when I guarantee zero people were going "But what about Natalya!"

#standforwwe

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Clip of the Lana segment. You can't even hear her over the boos lmao

https://twitter.com/irishbobuk/status/1192916145206116352

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

DarkstarIV posted:

Clip of the Lana segment. You can't even hear her over the boos lmao

https://twitter.com/irishbobuk/status/1192916145206116352
:vince: Listen to that crowd, that is some great heat! We must be doing something right!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Given the history, how do they explain Becky and Charlotte teaming up and then Shayna working with Bayley, even if it was to beat up Becky? No sense.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dear God the WWE investors need to oust Vince like, yesterday. I know I know HHH sucks too or whatever but a lot of the worst of this screams Vince and it's obvious Vince has literally never been sane but whatever brain worms he's got are running rampant and holy loving poo poo what a tire fire. Like the thing is a lot of the interbrand stuff is pretty good and is overall playing well (and it's not the same as the wildcard rule because it's happening for a reason) but my God it's in the middle of such overarching poo poo (anything getting main event attention, so Brock, Seth, Rusev, etc.) that it scarcely matters.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Given the history, how do they explain Becky and Charlotte teaming up and then Shayna working with Bayley, even if it was to beat up Becky? No sense.

Shayna didn't work with Bayley. In fact, Shayna laid out Bayley, then interfered in the match, and then left.

Also Humberto, Ricochet, and Orton def. The OC and AJ Styles.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dear God the WWE investors need to oust Vince like, yesterday. I know I know HHH sucks too or whatever but a lot of the worst of this screams Vince and it's obvious Vince has literally never been sane but whatever brain worms he's got are running rampant and holy loving poo poo what a tire fire. Like the thing is a lot of the interbrand stuff is pretty good and is overall playing well (and it's not the same as the wildcard rule because it's happening for a reason) but my God it's in the middle of such overarching poo poo (anything getting main event attention, so Brock, Seth, Rusev, etc.) that it scarcely matters.

I'm pretty sure they can't. The WWE stock is structured so that Vince and his family will always be there majority shareholders.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dear God the WWE investors need to oust Vince like, yesterday.

Vince has all the voting power

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm pretty sure they can't. The WWE stock is structured so that Vince and his family will always be there majority shareholders.

Well then either Vince dies or WWE does (maybe both). IIRC Steph has gone on record that she wants zero to do with like structuring storylines or helping to run the wrestling part of it all, which, thank God.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Investors don't give a gently caress as long as the profit keeps rolling in. I'll be shocked if any of them even watch the show.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Benne posted:

Investors don't give a gently caress as long as the profit keeps rolling in. I'll be shocked if any of them even watch the show.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Not exactly. The McMahons' stock is largely Class B which has like 10 votes per share and they have a significant (though shrinking) portion of the total stocks (Vince alone holds like 36% of all WWE shares which gives him 80% of the voting power). Any time they sell to the public market, it's converted to Class A shares with 1 vote and can't be converted back. They also can't issue more Class B stock, so there's certainly a future where the McMahons aren't the majority voters, though it may be a long time from now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ahahaha then, now, forever this company sucks

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Seams posted:

I don’t feel bad for any of these idiots. The performers, the crowd, any of them. They knew what they were getting into.

This is basically the place I've reached after the Saudi thing. It's really a bummer.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Then. Now. Forever.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

DarkstarIV posted:

So the Lana/Rusev/Lashley storyline has to win worst storyline of 2019, right? Nothing else even comes remotely close to this.

If it doesn't win most disgusting promotional tactic in the Wrestling Observer awards I'm gonna be shocked.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Armitage posted:

If it doesn't win most disgusting promotional tactic in the Wrestling Observer awards I'm gonna be shocked.

Uhhh, over "WWE promotes PPV events in the KSA"?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Gaz-L posted:

Uhhh, over "WWE promotes PPV events in the KSA"?

It's close, it won the 'award' last year. Would it win two years in a row?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
lmao that WWE followed up their best raw and smackdown in years with the worst raw and smackdown in years

Although that could be hyperbole, every single bad RAW and Smackdown are so bad they just get removed entirely from my memory

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Armitage posted:

I think the wrestlers getting held hostage to send a message to management should push it over the finish a line a second time.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

RealFoxy posted:

lmao that WWE followed up their best raw and smackdown in years with the worst raw and smackdown in years

Although that could be hyperbole, every single bad RAW and Smackdown are so bad they just get removed entirely from my memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_mm7_D1wM

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Armitage posted:

It could fairly easily win each year until the deal ends after '27

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's loving wild that stuff like "refusing to grant talent release requests, essentially holding them hostage" and "making American-born Cain Velasquez pretend he doesn't know English because Mexican" won't even crack the Top 5 of worst things WWE has done this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

It's loving wild that stuff like "refusing to grant talent release requests, essentially holding them hostage" and "making American-born Cain Velasquez pretend he doesn't know English because Mexican" won't even crack the Top 5 of worst things WWE has done this year.

I didn't see that as them acting like Cain can't speak English. I saw it as something similar to Rey, where he sometimes slips into Spanish when he's especially pissed or for a pop or whatever. Rey does it all the time. The other stuff is true though!