Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wwtf

i was like "theres no way these nerds have sleeve tats irl" but then i googled griffon ramsey and welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Like there's nothing wrong with number two there objectively but I feel it is necessary to hate it by association.

2 is really bad because it's nothing. It's the comic equivalent of white noise. It barely even conveys an anecdote from the creators life

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rick and Morty is like Invader Zim in that I enjoyed it but the people it attracts means I can never admit that fact, lest I'm tarred by the same brush.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Krankenstyle posted:

wwtf

i was like "theres no way these nerds have sleeve tats irl" but then i googled griffon ramsey and welp

Sorry, tattoos haven't been cool since the early noughts.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I think a case can be made to hate it for its lolrandom nature, which it tries to excuse by having the straightface character verbally roll their eyes in the end

Especially considering the straightface character is even more lolrandumb in all the other comics

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Beachcomber posted:

Rick and Morty is like Invader Zim in that I enjoyed it but the people it attracts means I can never admit that fact, lest I'm tarred by the same brush.

:(:hf::(

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I like that the boyfriend has a puppy in both scenarios.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I thought it was a Wizard Master post but it was worse

Mercifully shorter, though

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Whizzard Master

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zelder posted:

2 is really bad because it's nothing. It's the comic equivalent of white noise. It barely even conveys an anecdote from the creators life

It is the drawn equivalent of a squeak: "Foam!"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
World of Snoreceaft

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Paladinus posted:

Sorry, tattoos haven't been cool

There you go

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

poo poo I thought I was over these but then the baby one says the not funny word in the funny way that real babies do and I love it again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Beachcomber posted:

A possible cheat code to flush out the more terrible fans is to say your favourite episode is Bushworld Adventures.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

finalellipsis posted:

can you, like, un-post those?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I just realized these are basically the Coneheads but with the faux-naive "softness" that makes them calculatedly #relatable

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

https://www.exocomics.com/557

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

what are you doing

i post comics no one including myself likes in large amounts

do you post them in small amounts

of course not

do you enjoy them

no

and yet you post

yes

you are deranged

i am not

this is the peak of merriment

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Grand Prize Winner posted:

i post comics no one including myself likes in large amounts

do you post them in small amounts

of course not

do you enjoy them

Actually these ones are great

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Youll get what the market demands is prety funny.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I, too, wish to harm the melody machine.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The cat in a box one is probably the best one so far. It has a semblance of a joke, or at least an observation. i like it

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The alien comics aren't indefensibly terrible or anything, but when getting several of them in a row they start feeling like a joke that's long overstayed its welcome. It's just one core joke that's being run into the ground a little too hard.

Not that some of them aren't good anyway! "I wish to harm the melody machine" is a great line.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

KennyMan666 posted:

The alien comics aren't indefensibly terrible

They are.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Messianic figure! What an excretion sphincter.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Can we not just have 50 posts going back and forth about these comics? Everyone knows they're good.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

This one really annoys me because it should be "mouth bone".

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

tbqh I'm curious to see what will replace those comics once they have all been posted

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

tbqh I'm curious to see what will replace those comics once they have all been posted

Compu-Toon remixes 24/7

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

He’s churning them out, so.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Who What Now posted:

This one really annoys me because it should be "mouth bone".

Teeth aren't bone :eng101:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Slimy Hog posted:

Can we not just have 50 posts going back and forth about these comics? Everyone knows they're good.

*points to picture with words* "It accurately reflects the minutiae of our existence"

*also points to picture with words* "However, it does so in a repetitive and formulaic manner"

"I must express my opinion about the picture with words despite many others already doing so"

[in unison] "It is part of the ritual"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Counter-point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYj01O7foKw

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Huh, didn't know that.

Captain Hygiene posted:

*points to picture with words* "It accurately reflects the minutiae of our existence"

*also points to picture with words* "However, it does so in a repetitive and formulaic manner"

"I must express my opinion about the picture with words despite many others already doing so"

[in unison] "It is part of the ritual"

Sorry, this thread is only for comics and comics have pictures.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm helping!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
stop arguing about alien comix or else

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

This more cause and effect than funny.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Maybe teaching this audience about cause and effect is not such a bad thing? It is probably good to approach the subject stepwise, not assuming any substantial prior knowledge.

I'm thinking a person who knows about cause and effect is not likely to find themselves in a fursuit at some point ever

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 17:08 on Mar 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Wearing a Michael Jackson thriller jacket on a first date is honestly weirder than being a furry