Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013
I had orbs sitting around might as well try some pulls. Took a couple of shots at the pegasus banner and came away with a 5 star Subaki instead of the Hinoka I wanted for flier emblem. It's like the game enjoys giving me inferior characters​ off a banner. Previous banners saw me getting Seliph instead of Eirika, and Marth instead of Lucina. Someone please send some luck my way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

sassassin posted:

5* -Atk Subaki

Come on, bro.

well quick riposte 3 is nice and it's exclusive to 5* units

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

cheetah7071 posted:

A rational person who wanted good characters would spend their orbs on the pegasus or wyvern banner

I am not a rational person, and I want bunnies

loving same, my friend. Like, I like fliers. They're my favorite kind of unit in the main games. (Not here. They kind of suck here and it makes me sad). But any orbs I earn while that banner is up are going toward BUNNIES!

Speaking of that, they didn't give out the two free bonus orbs this morning. :( On the plus side, once this Arena season is over, I should have enough feathers to promote my Nino, finally! Unless something goes horribly wrong, I should finish at rank 52,000, which'll be a new record! (Usually I'm an Unranked scrub.) I'm excited!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I'm backing Cherche because she's cool and has both the best outfit and the best name.

When she loses to Minerva or Camilla's boobs, I will be so sad.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

In case anyone was wondering, if you continue a fight when you lose you can still get credited for not having any units die. I may have cheesed the 9-5 quest with that.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
Used the last of my orbs on the pegasus banner, got 5* +spd/-atk Cain. At first I was disappointed because that's theoretically the worst possible bane/boon for a brave weapon user, but then I realized that I can slap Death Blow on him and also that I'm never going to run him outside a cavalier setup, at which point he's going to get a massive attack and speed boost from my Gunter that might even let him quad a bunch of major arena threats, so basically with those two and the Reinhardt I'm planning to upgrade next and then whoever in the fourth slot (Olwen or Ursula?), Cavalier Emblem is a go. :getin:

I hope some more FE7 horse dudes--like my boy Lowen--get added to the game so that I can just build a cool team of people I like with good synergy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rolled 130 orbs on "only blue" and ended up with two 5* reds.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

sassassin posted:

5* -Atk Subaki

Come on, bro.

Okay because even with type advantage that subaka wont tickle me

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Eldigan looks a decent Quick Riposte candidate so maybe the gacha has a plan.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm also noting that the game has so far refused to give me mages that are above 3* except that one time long ago where I got a 5* RobinM. Every mage I've pulled (including countless Ninos and Cecilias) has been 3*.

I just want a Reinhardt someday.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm also noting that the game has so far refused to give me mages that are above 3* except that one time long ago where I got a 5* RobinM. Every mage I've pulled (including countless Ninos and Cecilias) has been 3*.

I just want a Reinhardt someday.

Just upgrade a Nino to 5* then

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is a -speed Ninian even really usable in the arena?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is a -speed Ninian even really usable in the arena?

Of course. Don't need speed to dance.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
How could they have a flier popularity contest and not include best whitewing and also only worthwhile flier i have Catria? :argh:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GLAAD trash bags posted:

How could they have a flier popularity contest and not include best whitewing and also only worthwhile flier i have Catria? :argh:

Awakening and Fates saved the series

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

sassassin posted:

Eldigan looks a decent Quick Riposte candidate so maybe the gacha has a plan.

I was looking at the same thing earlier since I'm running him with fury so it would seem like the perfect fit, but a couple folks told me it's not such a great idea for reasons I can't remember. Or poo poo was that for desperation. No pretty sure it was for quick riposte but if someone who knows their poo poo could chime in on this too I would also appreciate it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're saving catria for shadows of valencia banner

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Questions!

I have three Cherches. One is +Spd/-Atk, one is +Atk/-Res, and one is +HP/-Def. Which of those is the best combination (or does it even really matter)? For the record, my guess was going to be #1 since speed seems to be the prized stat for most units, but Cherche apparently has so little of it to begin with I wasn't sure if it'd even make a difference.

Also, what exactly does merging allies do? How is a level 20+ unit better than a regular level 20? Somehow I just never figured that out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Parasol Prophet posted:

Questions!

I have three Cherches. One is +Spd/-Atk, one is +Atk/-Res, and one is +HP/-Def. Which of those is the best combination (or does it even really matter)? For the record, my guess was going to be #1 since speed seems to be the prized stat for most units, but Cherche apparently has so little of it to begin with I wasn't sure if it'd even make a difference.

Also, what exactly does merging allies do? How is a level 20+ unit better than a regular level 20? Somehow I just never figured that out.

+ATK/-RES is the best nature for Cherche. You want to give her a brave axe to make her great.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Along similar lines what's the optimal unit type for life and death? I was thinking Minerva might be a decent option since she comes with it and she can really benefit from the Atk spd boost. Her res sucks anyway so she needs to stay away from mages even without the penalty, and since mine is -spd +Def (of loving course) she has the extra Def points to handle the hit in exchange for saving her spd.

Right now I'm working on giving her deathblow but I'm wondering if life and death might salvage her a bit since I caught the worst iv I could. Figured desperation might not be a bad combo with her as well especially with life and death.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I was looking at the same thing earlier since I'm running him with fury so it would seem like the perfect fit, but a couple folks told me it's not such a great idea for reasons I can't remember. Or poo poo was that for desperation. No pretty sure it was for quick riposte but if someone who knows their poo poo could chime in on this too I would also appreciate it

He seems slow enough to not double naturally, tough enough to be put into situations where he'll get hit, and has a tidy enough special weapon that it seems worth it to me. Only melted a 3* Subaki onto him for now though, not the 5* for QR3.

Not that he needs to double at the moment. Reinhardt is Goading him along on a rampage through the training tower.

I haven't bought him Fury yet and might not depending on how the arena revisions work out.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Parasol Prophet posted:

Questions!

It's like a bonus level-up. 40+2 is equivalent to, say, a level 42 guy.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Along similar lines what's the optimal unit type for life and death? I was thinking Minerva might be a decent option since she comes with it and she can really benefit from the Atk spd boost. Her res sucks anyway so she needs to stay away from mages even without the penalty, and since mine is -spd +Def (of loving course) she has the extra Def points to handle the hit in exchange for saving her spd.

Right now I'm working on giving her deathblow but I'm wondering if life and death might salvage her a bit since I caught the worst iv I could. Figured desperation might not be a bad combo with her as well especially with life and death.

I think Life and Death is incredibly powerful if used in conjuction with either Desperation or Quick Riposte. For Minerva, Quick Riposte is the way to go. Minerva is physically tanky enough that if she has to ORKO a melee unit, there's a decent chance she is still at or near 70% health to trigger quick riposte. With the -1 special cooldown on Hauteclare she can do the Catria thing and proc Luna on her follow-up attack to finish the unit. Depending on who she has to hit, she might need to get tagged with an Ardent Sacrifice or Breath of Life attack to bring her back up over the Quick Riposte threshold. If she gets targetted by a tome user there isn't much she can do, but that's probably the case with or without Life and Death. -spd/+def isn't ideal, but it's not terrible. It makes her more likely to still be able to trigger Quick Riposte after attacking the slower units that she can still double, and with an Effie banner coming out in the near future I expect cracking an Effie will be a primary goal of Minervas.

If you still aren't feeling it, throwing Life and Death, Ardent Sacrifice, and Desperation on a +spd Setsuna wielding a Brave Bow+ is always fun.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 3, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Along similar lines what's the optimal unit type for life and death?

Subaki

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Andrast posted:

+ATK/-RES is the best nature for Cherche. You want to give her a brave axe to make her great.

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have a Brave Axe unit. I have a few others belonging to characters I don't care about that I can slap on her to try out in the meantime, though.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have a 5 star bunny Lucina, 5 star Selena, and 4 star Palla . Which one would be best for my arena team (an Erika, Nino, and Sharena core)? Selena is a better Hector counter but B Lucina gives me another ranged option which I like to have in arena. Palla doesn't seem that strong, especially without other fliers. I have 254 spare SP for Lucina because I didn't bother spilling anything besides her native A slot. I could give her Odin's tome and specials? Maybe a buff in the C slot to help Nino too?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I have a 5 star bunny Lucina, 5 star Selena, and 4 star Palla . Which one would be best for my arena team (an Erika, Nino, and Sharena core)? Selena is a better Hector counter but B Lucina gives me another ranged option which I like to have in arena. Palla doesn't seem that strong, especially without other fliers. I have 254 spare SP for Lucina because I didn't bother spilling anything besides her native A slot. I could give her Odin's tome and specials? Maybe a buff in the C slot to help Nino too?

Eirika (or Nino) already kills hector so I don't know why you would need Selena. Bunny Lucina is a more solid unit overall.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
I had a run of bad luck on the gacha, but finally got a new 5 star from the Spring Festival banner: Catria. Cool, like, I'm happy with that but just give me the bunnies, ok?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
So I pulled a 5 star -Speed Nowi. With a 23 speed she's going to be doubled by everything. I'm thinking of just holding onto her until I want to toss Lightning Breath on someone. Is there something I'm missing as far as her usefulness?

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Reik posted:

If you still aren't feeling it, throwing Life and Death, Ardent Sacrifice, and Desperation on a +spd Setsuna wielding a Brave Bow+ is always fun.

No no, I think I'm feeling it just fine that sounds like an awesome idea and also frees up my death blow to drop on lilina or bunny Camilla or maybe Cordelia. Probably bunny Camilla. I was going to drop triangle Adept on her but I think death blow would work just peachy there.

And now thanks to the banner I can try and pull for a bunch of subakis since I only have one and quick riposte sounds like the bees knees for a whole lot of people

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

SunshineDanceParty posted:

So I pulled a 5 star -Speed Nowi. With a 23 speed she's going to be doubled by everything. I'm thinking of just holding onto her until I want to toss Lightning Breath on someone. Is there something I'm missing as far as her usefulness?

If you can stick swordbreaker onto her she can easily destroy anyone with a sword, even falchion users, but like you said her speed is garbo so she can't even bait ranged attackers well.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think cav teams are going to end up the secret OP thing pretty soon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think cav teams are going to end up the secret OP thing pretty soon.

It's not very secret. The only thing holding them back is the low BST.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What's the best cav team to be aiming for? Right now I've got Eldigan and Ursula, but Elise is kinda medium and Gun-tss is just there for the hone more than anything else.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

SunshineDanceParty posted:

You can get around the -spd with things like quick riposte and the breaker skills. A fury focused build may not be the smartest plan with -spd.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheKingofSprings posted:

What's the best cav team to be aiming for? Right now I've got Eldigan and Ursula, but Elise is kinda medium and Gun-tss is just there for the hone more than anything else.

Mutually goading Reinhardts.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sassassin posted:

Mutually goading Reinhardts.

Ursula's hitting for like 70 with a decent chance to double so Reinhardt is honestly a little redundant

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ursula's hitting for like 70 with a decent chance to double so Reinhardt is honestly a little redundant

Reinhardt makes cavalry teams strong, and doesn't need buffers to make him strong.

Goad Cavalry is a top-tier skill.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I mean goad is basically letting you cheat the matchmaker system so yeah, most of everything doesn't matter at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I think they kind of blew their load early on the flyer show off. Is ANYONE going to choose Beruka? Why not wait for vaida? And Aversa for that matter, the line up is pretty dismal for variety and a spear wyvern and caster would help add some.