Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24950/chuka_umunna/streatham/votes#taxation

:thunk:

also good luck loafer, didn't realise things were that serious :ohdear:

e- catt

https://twitter.com/m_yosry2012/status/1098218056281702400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Gonzo McFee posted:

God he really just wants to be an American so badly.

As if the Trump administration would approve his visa. Also, we're full of terrible politicians

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

So the average cost of a privatised prison inmate per year? £60k. But no we can't help the destitute we should lock them up instead.

I wonder how much it is for a migrant, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's a lot lower since all of those pesky things like prisoner rights don't apply there.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Tesseraction posted:

I already posted about this in this thread (previous month) https://twitter.com/sofiepelsmakers/status/917764663357661184

Important thing to note is that's global deciles, so probably most of us are part of that top 10%.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I got into politics to dodge tax and punish the poor.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Azza Bamboo posted:

_____________/

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Gilofthepeople/status/1101170417534935040
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1101167298323324929
https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/status/1101167725882286080
The tiggers have decided who gets what title, and like the pricks they are they've embargoed the news until 11pm or some bullshit. So I feel like sharing this utterly banal announcement early will annoy them slightly, which gives me a good feeling.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I can't believe I'm watching politicians create a new political party by committee.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
loving lol that they gave brexit to the soubs

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Also they put a Tory in charge of welfare and social care, showing exactly what side of the debate about public services they come down in.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
wow a tory who votes for austerity politics and then has a good cry about it in the papers in charge of welfare I wonder where they got that idea

Guavanaut posted:

_____________/

also lol at everyone getting positions where they were bribed a lot in their previous roles. Water privatisers for energy and environment, Saudi and Israel bribe recipient Gapes on Forign and defence, Chris Leslie of But How ARE YOU GOING TO PAY FOR IT for the HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PAY FOR IT role

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jabby posted:

Also they put a Tory in charge of welfare and social care, showing exactly what side of the debate about public services they come down in.

A Tory who made a speech about how the welfare cuts were bad then voted for them anyway

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

We all know the most important thing is that Chuka was made leader.

I mean 'group spokesperson'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jabby posted:

We all know the most important thing is that Chuka was made leader.

I mean 'group spokesperson'.

Ah, but Shuker is the 'group convenor'.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/Gilofthepeople/status/1101170417534935040
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1101167298323324929
https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/status/1101167725882286080
The tiggers have decided who gets what title, and like the pricks they are they've embargoed the news until 11pm or some bullshit. So I feel like sharing this utterly banal announcement early will annoy them slightly, which gives me a good feeling.

Leslie is at Treasury because lol of course. Heidi Allen & Mike Gapes both eliciting "loving nora, really?" from me. Gapes knowledge of Foreign Affairs goes about as far as "brown person where? Bomb please"

Big Gav feeling heartbroken at not getting the "Opposing Homosexual Deviancy" brief I'm sure.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Leslie is at Treasury because lol of course. Heidi Allen & Mike Gapes both eliciting "loving nora, really?" from me. Gapes knowledge of Foreign Affairs goes about as far as "brown person where? Bomb please"

Big Gav feeling heartbroken at not getting the "Opposing Homosexual Deviancy" brief I'm sure.

He's the leader (sorry, 'group convener'). His powers for driving out homosexual deviancy are broad and all-encompassing.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Azza Bamboo posted:

*lowers sunglasses* and i'm all outta tax dodges

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

forkboy84 posted:

Gapes knowledge of Foreign Affairs goes about as far as "brown person where? Bomb please"

Having just read his wikipedia page I am now a Mike Gapes expert and feel this is unfair. I mean I know we hate them but this isn't really based on anything other than wild assumption is it?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I already posted about this in this thread (previous month) https://twitter.com/sofiepelsmakers/status/917764663357661184

The stupidest response I've gotten when using this graph is <<climate change is already so bad, imagine what'll happen when those other guys start living like we do, [veiled kill the poor/genocidal tendencies here]>> and you just want to start screaming.

Western civilization is a blight.

double nine fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 28, 2019

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

The best part are people like Sarah Wollaston, an actual GP who lost out on Health to someone already juggling 'home affairs' and 'digital and culture'. But she got 'new colleagues'.

Either the others must consider her loving useless or she just doesn't have the ego required to demand three or more huge roles.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Anybody want to do a theyworkforyou effortpost on these dorks' new portfolios? I'm on a phone so meh. Have Heidi Allen on Welfare for starters.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25348/heidi_allen/south_cambridgeshire/votes#welfare

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Having just read his wikipedia page I am now a Mike Gapes expert and feel this is unfair. I mean I know we hate them but this isn't really based on anything other than wild assumption is it?

It's not the best record a person could have

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10219/mike_gapes/ilford_south/votes#foreignpolicy

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

No perhaps not. But he did do a gap year in swaziland in I dunno the seventies or whatever.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The only good part of his Wiki page is "Another one For the Hard of Reading. I AM LABOUR. I AM LABOUR. Get it ?"

Anyway, look at his voting record on the use of the military abroad. He's very much the antithesis of Corbyn on Foreign Relations. He's a bogstandard liberal interventionist who hasn't taken a single lesson from 20 loving years of miserable failure of liberal interventionism.

I should clarify. when I say he lusts for the death of "brown people" I'm a) being hyperbolic & b) referring to Arabs. I think he's also very comfortable with Saudi Arabia but I was making a blunt point about him being a cretin rather than trying to put together a nuanced critique of Gaping Mike The Miwk Man.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 28, 2019

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
I guess one solution would be for a country with nuclear weapons to go full eco-fascist, ransom then take over the world, and reduce carbon emissions through rationing/population control. (This would be predominantly in the developed world, since we're by far the worst carbon wise).

Sorry, the term eco-fascist is problematic due to the racist and nationalist elements intrinsic to fascism. Eco-tyranny? Eco-autocracy? Eco-communism? In any case it couldn't be democratic and would require a command economy and an effective army and secret police to execute the policies needed. But in any case it would require frustrating individual desires in the service of the collective goal of ensuring the survival of human civilization. There's no way around that.

The idea we can turn things around in time using market forces is laughable. Not that this would ever happen of course...

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

double nine posted:

The stupidest response I've gotten when using this graph is <<climate change is already so bad, imagine what'll happen when those other guys start living like we do, [veiled kill the poor/genocidal tendencies here]>> and you just want to start screaming.
I kind of feel like when I hear about how bad the environment and overpopulation are getting, I think the kind of people who have the money to change it at all have weighed up saving the world vs having a private jet and a ton of money, and decided they like the jet too much.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Momentum just put out this pretty good video on debunking common antisemitic conspiracy theories

https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/status/1101143739588923392

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I kind of feel like when I hear about how bad the environment and overpopulation are getting, I think the kind of people who have the money to change it at all have weighed up saving the world vs having a private jet and a ton of money, and decided they like the jet too much.

It's not even that. Owners of a single private jet and a tonne of money are in the second or third percentile there, I think. Like, footballers, minor movie stars, etc.

The problem people are the ones you don't know about, the ones on the Bezos level of wealth, who own multiple billions, all gained by exploitation.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

His Divine Shadow posted:

I've been trying to get my kids to watch this show I watched as a kid about the human body. I got bored and made gifs of the white blood cells:

Buncha fat white cops feels like it ought to work as political commentary too... somehow.

I still have "once upon a time... Life" on VHS somewhere in the basement. That was a childhood highlight.

Thanks for the gifs

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

ShredsYouSay posted:

I guess one solution would be for a country with nuclear weapons to go full eco-fascist, ransom then take over the world, and reduce carbon emissions through rationing/population control. (This would be predominantly in the developed world, since we're by far the worst carbon wise).

Sorry, the term eco-fascist is problematic due to the racist and nationalist elements intrinsic to fascism. Eco-tyranny? Eco-autocracy? Eco-communism?
Terrany.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

jabby posted:

The best part are people like Sarah Wollaston, an actual GP who lost out on Health to someone already juggling 'home affairs' and 'digital and culture'. But she got 'new colleagues'.

Either the others must consider her loving useless or she just doesn't have the ego required to demand three or more huge roles.

Tbf the ‘roles’ will pretty much just mean they’re the person who speaks to the press about whatever topic, it’s not like they’re actually going to be drawing up policies or anything.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/AVMikhailova/status/1101071825050718208?s=19

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
He left voluntarily citing the party's "anti semitism."

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
But you know, let's not let truth get in the way.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just thought I'd point out that he's stopping off at that particular place on his way out.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Is that like "Terraism" from LOGH? Or Vespene Gas is causing climate change...

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

Yeeeeeees. Crazy early-morning C4 European cartoons.

This was like, Once Upon A Time: Life or something right? I think about this one often.

It looks like the "How My Body Works" series which also had a subscription service for human biology books (which were very good) and a build yer own mans kit. Kinda fun to get a plastic skeleton in the post one month, then a nervous system the next etc.

E: Nope I got the title wrong. It appears the cartoon was called "Once Upon A Time... Life" and "How My Body Works" was the book title.

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 28, 2019

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Todays UN announcement is not going to help things settle down at all is it?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I've been trying to get my kids to watch this show I watched as a kid about the human body. I got bored and made gifs of the white blood cells:

Buncha fat white cops feels like it ought to work as political commentary too... somehow.

In Holland there was a magazine series accompanying the show where each issue came with a body part so you could construct a model of the human body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

oh boy that's "Il était une fois la vie...", it's a French cartoon I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrBQii4P3vc

edir: there was a bunch of cartoons in that series, about history, explorers etc....

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 28, 2019