Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
lol, all the fancy gadgets in the world can't save you from general incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

dr_rat posted:

lol, all the fancy gadgets in the world can't save you from general incompetence.

I refuse to feel bad for people that won't just take a pizza out the easy way and have their fingers be a bit warm.
It's even on wax paper or something, could have just grabbed that and pulled it out. :lmao: it's better everytime I see it again.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That pizza deserved to die anyway

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Captain Hygiene posted:

That pizza deserved to die anyway

it was sliced cheese right? It looks like it, so yea it's not a huge loss to the world.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, I'm not even an American cheese hater, it just belongs nowhere near pizza.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, I'm not even an American cheese hater, it just belongs nowhere near pizza.

throw some cut up hot dogs on there for a real treat

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Literally A Person posted:

throw some cut up hot dogs on there for a real treat

Don't forget a healthy portion of ketchup.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

spechtie posted:

yeah, they shouldve used:

I don't remember this STP song.

quote:

floorpizza is worst pizza
https://i.imgur.com/ZMvun3Z.mp4

This thing looks like a product that would be sold in one of those commercials where a bunch of idiots in black and white are failing are very simple things, except it's also failing at said very simple thing. So it's both the problem and solution at once.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Detective Thompson posted:

This thing looks like a product that would be sold in one of those commercials where a bunch of idiots in black and white are failing are very simple things, except it's also failing at said very simple thing. So it's both the problem and solution at once.

The reviews I've seen of all those sliding pizza peel things are that they're all pieces of complete garbage. Just like absolutely flimsy cheap laser cut wood, and the sliding surface only lasts a few tries before it gets caught up in the handle and shreds itself to bits. There are like a million of them on Amazon now and I don't know who they're for.

They're all trying to be like a lovely version of this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlHGhKHIdM

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Thanks, Obama.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Lol that's fuckin cool

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

The reviews I've seen of all those sliding pizza peel things are that they're all pieces of complete garbage. Just like absolutely flimsy cheap laser cut wood, and the sliding surface only lasts a few tries before it gets caught up in the handle and shreds itself to bits. There are like a million of them on Amazon now and I don't know who they're for.

If this isn't fake then it's friggin magic. It's def not something you get for $15 on amazon.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i can do that with my tongue for free

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I can also do that with that guy's tongue

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

nesamdoom posted:

If this isn't fake then it's friggin magic. It's def not something you get for $15 on amazon.
It's material engineering but yeah.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

nesamdoom posted:

Right. You get it for $4 on Alibaba.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
That video is 12 years old. How the poo poo has that not taken over the world by now.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Philthy posted:

That video is 12 years old. How the poo poo has that not taken over the world by now.

Boston Dynamics doesn't have the license or it'd be a robot dog tongue by now.
Laughing now at a robodog stealing my pizza when I look away.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
a lot of those As-Seen-on-TV type products are meant for disabled people, but they have to come up with a use case for the rest of the population to justify production costs. Bummer.

That said, I'd love to be proven wrong, but that treadmill pizza peal looks way too fiddly, heavy, clunky, and unbalanced for any applications I can imagine where a disabled person is retrieving a pizza. I think it might just be a dumb gimmick for gullible idiots.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Some people love this thing apparently. Plenty of bad reviews. Who's gonna buy one and review it for us?

https://www.amazon.com/XANGNIER-Sliding-Transfers-Perfectly-Accessories/dp/B0CPHR7SG5

LvK posted:

a lot of those As-Seen-on-TV type products are meant for disabled people, but they have to come up with a use case for the rest of the population to justify production costs. Bummer.

That said, I'd love to be proven wrong, but that treadmill pizza peal looks way too fiddly, heavy, clunky, and unbalanced for any applications I can imagine where a disabled person is retrieving a pizza. I think it might just be a dumb gimmick for gullible idiots.

I'm pretty drat disabled and this thing looks like a nightmare.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i love these lazy photoshopped amazon product photos

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Grandpa's trying to eat videogame textures again, I think it's finally nursing home time

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm more worried about gram gram trying to stab his wrist with a fork

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

2-D pizza can't sustain grandma. She demands man-flesh!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Like just get a normal pizza peel, they're not expensive and work really good.
Theres a decent lookin one I saw online for like $19, cmon now.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Still laffin' over here about the lovely pizza that person was trying to take out of the oven and then it plopped on the floor face down.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I hate this part.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Still laffin' over here about the lovely pizza that person was trying to take out of the oven and then it plopped on the floor face down.

You've never had floor pizza? It's best if it's in a box so you can store it under the bed, but a floor is basically a big plate. If it lands cheese side down? It's good and Messy...eat it with a fork...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Eat the pizza off the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I just enjoyed a small Home Run Inn frozen sausage pizza. It did not fall on the floor, as I am not an oaf, but I probably would have animalized it if it did fall face up.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I just enjoyed a small Home Run Inn frozen sausage pizza. It did not fall on the floor, as I am not an oaf, but I probably would have animalized it if it did fall face up.

I wouldn't blame you, those are the best frozen pizzas I've had. I really miss back when I lived in the Midwest, I don't think they sell them at stores all that far outside of Chicago. I haven't seen them since I moved across the country, anyway.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Data Graham posted:

This is my love language.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I wouldn't blame you, those are the best frozen pizzas I've had. I really miss back when I lived in the Midwest, I don't think they sell them at stores all that far outside of Chicago. I haven't seen them since I moved across the country, anyway.

They have them out here in NH, at least in a couple stores near me. Not a crazy amount of topping selections, but I don't know how many they have to begin with anyway. I first had their stuff when I was in Chicago last year, and was surprised to see them around here the other day. It's certainly a fine frozen pie.

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 4, 2024

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I love Home Run Inn sausage so goddamn munch, it’s such a bummer that the pies they make with vegetables are terrible. SOP (sausage onion pepper) is the classic tavern pie and they just can’t crack that nut for frozen.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, veggies are always a weak point for frozen pizzas. For Home Run, I always just got sausage or pepperoni and dressed it up with some fresh stuff if I wanted more toppings.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Data Graham posted:

:buddy:

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

some pizza art:

Daniel Arthur - Pizza Boy II
oil on panel

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just bought a Home Run Inn pizza for the first time a while ago due to people on the forums talking about it. It's still in my freezer. I'll have to try it soon. Maybe even tonight!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

At my favorite pizza place the owner decided that anchovies could no longer be offered as a side, even though they're perfectly safe. I double checked to make sure they were still the same perfectly safe anchovies and not like raw uncured ones. Yep the same.

I just ordered my normal pizza and then got a 6" pizza with no sauce, no cheese, and double anchovy on it. Costs a lot more and I bet they gently caress it up. Gonna loving smell up their whole restaurant and the delivery driver's car.

So they got 1 star Google and Yelp reviews where I called out the owner by name for being a dumbass. Unsurprisingly they've been getting a lot of other negative reviews lately too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Wut