Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nodoze posted:

This is so cool

It looked wayyy cooler in pics than my eyes. I just want to go further north now to see it with more Moorer/glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, a bunch of people in the Seattle thread were saying it looks better on their phone than in person and I couldn't see it at all from my place so I figured "what's the difference between staring at my phone while it's pointed at the sky or looking at the photos other people were posting. I might try and drive to the water where there's less light pollution after work if people are saying it's visible tonight as well.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Apparently so, did not know that was a thing until just now!

I learned about it not too long ago when Keisei Tominaga was granted the admiral title. All my years living there and I never knew it was a thing either!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The wedding will be extra cool because my brother is flying in from North Carolina and is actually officiating the ceremony. He's my wife's best friend and pretty much the reason we met and got together so it's something he wanted to do. He got himself certified to officiate weddings in Ohio and everything so that works for us. It's better to have one of our inner circle do it than some stranger we just met that day in my opinion.

Work chat: I just started a new job last week so it's certainly a time of change for me. My old job just started falling off, management sucked rear end and they didn't care about us at all, didn't even pretend to. There were 2 other guys at my position who found another job elsewhere and put in their 2 weeks notice which would've left me surrounded by morons and I wasn't having any of that. I had literally been doing 2 jobs by myself the last 3 months without even a simple "thank you" and that didn't sit well with me so I went to the same place as the other guys.

The new job was a pay cut but has fantastic insurance and tons of other benefits as well as being a union shop with a pension and everything so the overall compensation is actually a lot higher anyway. The old job just lost their 3 most experienced team leads within a 2 week span and are absolutely hosed which gives me a certain sense of satisfaction. At this point a lot of our former coworkers are in the process of leaving as well. You'd think at some point companies would learn that treating people right is better for business but I guess not. Oh well!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Day 3 of having Horlicks Malt Powder at home: I’m all out

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I am ready for a nap, these kids wearing me out. One hour to go

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Air Skwirl posted:

Yeah, a bunch of people in the Seattle thread were saying it looks better on their phone than in person and I couldn't see it at all from my place so I figured "what's the difference between staring at my phone while it's pointed at the sky or looking at the photos other people were posting. I might try and drive to the water where there's less light pollution after work if people are saying it's visible tonight as well.

I drove down to close to Mt. Rainier to get away from light polution and ironically had a better view from my house when i got home.

Braksgirl posted:

So one of my Mother's Day gifts is being a certified Kentucky Colonel. Y'all can call me Colonel Braksgirl, if you please.

I hope you make SB salute you before being allowed into the house.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Our anniversary was this past Thursday. We both forgot. :newlol:

We got married on Mother's Day weekend (14 years ago now!) and mentally I think we've both just welded the two occasions together. Gonna make eggs Benedict for her tomorrow morning and a blueberry pie for later, and I got her some fancy teas and scented soaps.

E: forgot to congratulate Black Sunshine! Congrats!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Party was great, 8 kids 4 parents. It was weird cause 2 parents just dropped their kids off and bunked out (we’ve never even met them before). I’m wiped, wife’s napping and kids are showered. Time to take a few hits and veg on the couch to some S1 Bobs Burgers

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I drove down to close to Mt. Rainier to get away from light polution and ironically had a better view from my house when i got home.

I hope you make SB salute you before being allowed into the house.

I'm gonna make him salute me in the bedroom for sure.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

I'm gonna make him salute me in the bedroom for sure.

I assumed he was doing that already :v:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Well, Canes avoided the sweep.

It's something, I guess!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Great night for a game. J-Rod just hit a ball in to the pitcher.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tulalip Tulips posted:

really nice seats!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I am mad about that 2nd base call

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I uh probs should have warned my friends that I'm sports person and Mariners fan. They're just here to hang and eat ball park food, I'm here getting too in to the game.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol there is a college graduation party next door and they booked a band. Just heard a shockingly well executed country cover of Gin and Juice.

TFW you live in an ag college town

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I uh probs should have warned my friends that I'm sports person and Mariners fan. They're just here to hang and eat ball park food, I'm here getting too in to the game.

lol do they have no clue?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Maybe 15 years ago, my first baseball game was to see the As and I was encouraged by the cheap beer and food. Only by witnessing their tremendously awful play did I truly understand the importance of Moneyball so I eventually became a fan*. Everyone has their own path...

*I have since cast off the chains of misery and am now a Dodgers fan :twisted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Sports nuts are the best people to watch a game with.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Air Skwirl posted:

Show them The Way

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Docjowles posted:

lol there is a college graduation party next door and they booked a band. Just heard a shockingly well executed country cover of Gin and Juice.

TFW you live in an ag college town

I’d go over haha

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

Absolutely. I remember going to a Red Sox game with my brother in law and I swear to god he heckled the Astros' center fielder Robbie Grossman so hard that it affected his play

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I have since cast off the chains of misery and am now a Dodgers fan :twisted:

Last baseball game was at the Ravine for my BD, maybe 12 ago at this point, buddy got us seats. As soon as we sat down Kemp hit a home run and had to standup to cheer again. I had an OE Tallboy on the drive up the 110 so I was already pretty toasty.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 12, 2024

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm sorry you sat through that

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I remember when i went to a mariners game with a bunch of coworkers when i worked at a YMCA. While everyone was relaxing and chatting they were really surprised when the soft spoken polite but sarcastic young man turned into a monster and told Chone Figgins "You are bad at your job and your family should feel bad for youand while you all feel bad for you go gently caress yourself!"

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 12, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

I’d go over haha

I'm too old for this poo poo, would have 5-10 years ago lol. Lots of keg stands going on at the party. I may still drink but if I tried a keg stand at my advanced age you'd probably be free of my posts forever.

Enjoying the free music and nonsense from my porch

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Last baseball game was at the Ravine for my BD, maybe 12 ago at this point, buddy got us seats. As soon as we sat down Kemp hit a home run and had to standup to cheer again. I had an OE Tallboys on the drive up the 110 so I was already pretty toasty.

I started going to Dodgers games in 2019 but refused to give in, I was initially only there for swag nights like Lakers night so it was a means to an end. Then the As finally pissed me off one last time (last year) by disappointing me in general AND moving to Las Vegas. It made a team I was starting to feel distant from feel even more distant, even tho they'd be physically closer. Hard to explain. All those memories, lost in the rain.. So I decided to support the hometown hero and long time Dodgers player Shohei Ohtani and whatever form of pain that brings.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Keg stands are for the young. Multistory beer bongs are forever though.

I know this as i did one with my friends dad at his PHD celebratory party when he was in his late 50s.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I started going to Dodgers games in 2019 but refused to give in, I was initially only there for swag nights like Lakers night so it was a means to an end. Then the As finally pissed me off one last time (last year) by disappointing me in general AND moving to Las Vegas. It made a team I was starting to feel distant from feel even more distant, even tho they'd be physically closer. Hard to explain. All those memories, lost in the rain.. So I decided to support the hometown hero and long time Dodgers player Shohei Ohtani and whatever form of pain that brings.

I’ve only done a handful of baseball games, 2 football games (Raiders/Oilers in like ‘92 and Vikes/Rams a few years ago, both at the coliseum) but shitload of Kings games cause friends family had season tickets so anytime there was an opening we’d all go.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I haven't actually been to a Kings game..I should do that next year. First time for everything!

Congrats on season ticket access. that's freaking awesome in any sport.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm sorry you sat through that

I remember when i went to a mariners game with a bunch of coworkers when i worked at a YMCA. While everyone was relaxing and chatting they were really surprised when the soft spoken polite but sarcastic young man turned into a monster and told Chone Figgins "You are bad at your job and your family should feel bad for youand while you all feel bad for you go gently caress yourself!"

My poor friend next to me got very startled when I called the ump a fraud and very, very loudly screamed about that stolen base call being bullshit.

However, if the the Sonics come back we'll be heckling together since basketball is her sport.

Shinji2015 posted:

lol do they have no clue?

My friend's boyfriend does since we talk a bunch about sports (dude is a Bengals fan despite never living outside of the PACNW) but he's a chill sports guy outside of football. I am not.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 12, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Los Angeles Sonics of Anaheim, book it.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I haven't actually been to a Kings game..I should do that next year. First time for everything!

Congrats on season ticket access. that's freaking awesome in any sport.

poo poo I’ve never been to a Lakers game

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Moving the Sonics to OKC was a war crime, I am here for your friend Tula and I have zero ties to the Pacific NW

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Only major league Seattle team I haven't been to a game for is the Kraken. I have been to Thunderbirds games instead though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Moving the Sonics to OKC was a war crime, I am here for your friend Tula and I have zero ties to the Pacific NW

Agreed. I was just making a mean joke.

a sexual elk posted:

poo poo I’ve never been to a Lakers game

I haven't either haha. Plenty of Clippers games when they were cheap though

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The A's have always been my second team so loosing them sucks but I'm ok with it. As long as it's not the Astros or Rangers, I can suck up a loss. I also have a soft spot for the Mets so clearly my baseball taste runs on the "lmao :smith:" side of things.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The A's have always been my second team so loosing them sucks but I'm ok with it. As long as it's not the Astros or Rangers, I can suck up a loss. I also have a soft spot for the Mets so clearly my baseball taste runs on the "lmao :smith:" side of things.

This will sound weird but I too have a soft spot for the Mets, ever since I saw Men In Black 3 and the alien who can see various timelines talks about the perfect moment. He's right.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uw57I5SD8s

Good stuff.

Man I gotta rewatch this movie.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 12, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My poor friend next to me got very startled when I called the ump a fraud and very, very loudly screamed about that stolen base call being bullshit.

However, if the the Sonics come back we'll be heckling together since basketball is her sport.

My friend's boyfriend does since we talk a bunch about sports (dude is a Bengals fan despite never living outside of the PACNW) but he's a chill sports guy outside of football. I am not.

Lol my ex-girlfriend was this way because I yelled a few things at a baseball game. She was convinced I was going to embarrass her at her friend's wedding because of it.

Should have been a glaring red flag in hindsight lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When I was a kid me and a few other kids went to a Harlem Globetrotters game, and someone a few rows ahead of us said we were too loud and excited, and I always wondered how she thinks kids should act at a Harlem Globetrotters game.