Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

genericnick posted:

I was skimming the ICJ website for cases involving China, since the South African deposition about Gaza was pretty conclusive, so I wondered if any anglo or euro country tried to produce something similar for Xinjiang, but somehow I can't find any cases involving China? Is there any reason for that? Did they break the site search? Am I blind?

Look it's real Xi ate all the Uyghurs, catch a Shen Yun showing if you don't believe me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7348000871126486290

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
It must be amazing to have a leader so competent that you feel loyalty towards them

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

It must be amazing to have a leader so competent that you feel loyalty towards them

monkey d luffy thought

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

stephenthinkpad posted:

Does Civ have sanctions? What are you going to do if AI Iran and NK decide to get their nuke "illegally"?

Civ 4 let you decide not to accept a UN resolution when it was passed, but that gave you unhappiness in every city.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Staltran posted:

Civ 4 let you decide not to accept a UN resolution when it was passed, but that gave you unhappiness in every city.

Americans are very unhappy.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/MFHoz/status/1776669952260633080

prices going down the horror

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Like, it would be if China were a bourgeois dictatorship that would protect car maker profit margins by opening up other nations' markets at gunpoint. But it's not.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Like, it would be if China were a bourgeois dictatorship that would protect car maker profit margins by opening up other nations' markets at gunpoint. But it's not.

china collapsing because they can buy a car cheaper than what it takes to slava a single shell to ukraini

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

noooooo xi is a tyrant, he's hitler and stupid and he purges people!!! winnie the pooh

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

noooooo xi is a tyrant, he's hitler and stupid and he purges people!!! winnie the pooh

Minus 1000 social credit score, goon sire

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

6% drop in car prices? It's joever, xi, hand over the mandate of heaven

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Suckers. The cars are just going to be even cheaper in the future. I'm walking twenty miles to work and laughing.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
It's because China are buying less Nazi luxury cars OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait this has been negative for practically 22 years straight this means prices for cars have basically never gone up?? God I wish that were me.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

In Training posted:

Wait this has been negative for practically 22 years straight this means prices for cars have basically never gone up?? God I wish that were me.

cars are cheap in the orient

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

There is literally a price war in the Chinese EV market right now as well as ever increasing efficiency in battery tech and car manufacturering. Deflation is not a factor in car price.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Mandel Brotset posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mandel Brotset posted:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Mandel Brotset posted:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mandel Brotset posted:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mandel Brotset posted:

Iriscoral
Apr 9, 2023

为人民服务
definitely not down here in sinkieland

loving coe

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mandel Brotset posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mandel Brotset posted:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Iriscoral posted:

definitely not down here in sinkieland

loving coe

tf did i do?????

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

even better, that's not even a graph of car prices. it's a category of data published by china's stats department called "transportation facilities" and financial times just straight up changed the title to "car prices"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lmao

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fart simpson posted:

even better, that's not even a graph of car prices. it's a category of data published by china's stats department called "transportation facilities" and financial times just straight up changed the title to "car prices"

lmfao really

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Chinas cooked, see? Take a look at this chart...

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mandel Brotset posted:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mandel Brotset posted:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

fart simpson posted:

Mandel Brotset posted:

transportation facilities are cheap in the orient

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Yup, that's the reason no one ever buys cars in China.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

In Training posted:

weird how good public transport and urban planning caused this

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

does this take into account EV licensing costs vs ICE licensing costs or is it only the cost of the vehicle

iirc the regular ICE plates are a significant fraction of the total purchase price of a new vehicle, and green EV A- license plates cost much less (or are free? idr) than those ICE plates?

(kind of a moot point considering it's essentially a made up chart I guess)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

corona familiar posted:

does this take into account EV licensing costs vs ICE licensing costs or is it only the cost of the vehicle

iirc the regular ICE plates are a significant fraction of the total purchase price of a new vehicle, and green EV A- license plates cost much less (or are free? idr) than those ICE plates?

(kind of a moot point considering it's essentially a made up chart I guess)

it doesnt take into account any of that because its literally fake news

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
real chart maybe?

https://twitter.com/yoshiefuruhashi/status/1776938887610339412

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

fart simpson posted:

it doesnt take into account any of that because its literally fake news

yeah i realized that after :justpost: :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

corona familiar posted:

yeah i realized that after :justpost: :saddowns:

FT could have quoted the original text and figure verbatim but that's undemocratic because it would defeat the narrative