Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

No, it needs the specific card X-Antibody under its sources, in which case it would evolve for one memory.

It’s pretty powerful but not as defensively powerful as the other Omnimon X, which can stop attacks. That said, the best defense is a good offense, and removing your opponent’s Digimon is pretty good.

1st Stage Midboss posted:

It's specifically looking for the X-Antibody option card from BT9, which is generally useful for any deck running X-Antibody Digimon because most of effects which require either the normal version of that Digimon or the X-Antibody card to be in the digivolution sources.

Ah i see, so not quite as easy as i thought. Thanks for correction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Getting real tired of this guy. Can we go one set without an Omegamon?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Probably not for a while lol, he gets to interact with every variant digivolution it feels like

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

The Bee posted:

Also note that as Yet Another Royal Knight with an on Digivolution effect, this plays very well with Jesmon GX.

Actually, this is a good question. Do you only get to pop one of his effects? Or both?

GX can only steal the effect from play cost 13 or less, so that's irrelevant.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Blaze Dragon posted:

We have! We just got a whole truckload in Battle of Omega so it feels like we got too many

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I mean Battle of Omni was BT5 and this is BT10, we actually haven’t gotten one for a while.

They can stop printing Omnimon when I finally get my Joggress version

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RevolverDivider posted:

I mean Battle of Omni was BT5 and this is BT10, we actually haven’t gotten one for a while.

They can stop printing Omnimon when I finally get my Joggress version

Tbh im surprised it hasnt happened yet, wonder what theyre saving it for

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Some Numbers posted:

GX can only steal the effect from play cost 13 or less, so that's irrelevant.

poo poo, right. Thank you for the catch.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

After 10000 years we finally have Nene, and it's fascinatingly mean.

https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1524958864277311488

quote:

Monitamon
[On Play] Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Add 2 cards that are Black with 'Knightmon' / 'DeadlyAxemon' in their names or have 'Twilight' in their traits from among them to your hand.

quote:

Amano Nene
[On Play] Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Add 1 card with 'Knightmon' / 'DeadlyAxemon' in its name or has 'Twilight' in its traits from among them to your hand.
[Opponent's Turn] All of your Digimon with 'DarkKnightmon' in name or 'Twilight' in traits gain <Blocker>.
[On Delete] Memory +2.
<Security> Play this card at no cost.

So notable things: firstly Nene has no ability to actually do the General Tamer effect of using materials to Digixros, she can sift but she can't actually use any cards if they get under her, though to be fair nobody in Twilight actually has the Save keyword so it's a bit of a moot point. What is less of a moot point is that the game is mechanically incentivizing you to have Dark Knightmon kill her, Dark Knightmon X deletes a tamer when it evolves to un-suspend itself. The idea seems to be to use Nene to get the necessary materials and buy time by giving them blocker, and then when it's time to go on the offensive have Dark Knightmon stab her in the back because otherwise she's pretty useless. It's certainly accurate to how she was used and portrayed in the show, but once again kind of dark.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Does Nene not have the same Black "Knightmon" rider as Monitamon? If not, I wonder if searching 4 cards for Knightmons as a 3 drop might actually have some utility in a LordKnightmon deck. It does mean like half of her effect goes to waste, though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Bee posted:

Does Nene not have the same Black "Knightmon" rider as Monitamon? If not, I wonder if searching 4 cards for Knightmons as a 3 drop might actually have some utility in a LordKnightmon deck. It does mean like half of her effect goes to waste, though.

Correct, she's not color restricted.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
What the gently caress YouTube

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

thetoughestbean posted:

What the gently caress YouTube

Despite what you may think, that picture is not just clickbait (well, it may be, I don't know the video). Hitler Agumon is very much a real thing that happened in the Japanese-only Digital Card Battle (not to be confused with Digital Card Arena, the sequel to that game, released in the west as Digital Card Battle).

I have no more info about it than this but I think I'm happier that way.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Blaze Dragon posted:

Despite what you may think, that picture is not just clickbait (well, it may be, I don't know the video). Hitler Agumon is very much a real thing that happened in the Japanese-only Digital Card Battle (not to be confused with Digital Card Arena, the sequel to that game, released in the west as Digital Card Battle).

Holy poo poo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Anime Directly to Readers Worldwide › Digimon Thread - Hitler Agumon Is Real

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Meanwhile, in Ghost Game 25: HOLY gently caress!

Also GranDracmon is totally going to be a major villain sometime soon.

And given what just happened, there's a real shot Lamortmon shows up next episode

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I really didn't expect that, but in hindsight there was no other way they were going to beat Vamdemon of all Digimon.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

We got a new snippet of gameplay, along with an intro by Habumon, from a Korean convention called Rulicon. It shows a little bit of both the VN segments and the battle segments.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, was that the original Vandemon actor or a new guy?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

I forget, was that the original Vandemon actor or a new guy?

That was the original actor they got back again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

That was the original actor they got back again.

Nice, they seem to be doing that a lot this season

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

From what I can tell they got back the actor for him from Adventure 02, but Adventure and 02 had different actors.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Akett posted:

From what I can tell they got back the actor for him from Adventure 02, but Adventure and 02 had different actors.

This is correct.

They got the voice actor from 02, who also voiced Oikawa and is coincidentally the Japanese voice for Sephiroth

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GG 25 I did love that they had Dracmon serving under Vamdemon, a subtle nod to PicoDevimon.

I was less thrilled that he was unceremoniously killed off after not appearing for 20 episodes.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
GG 25 is like the perfect distillation of why I'm starting to kinda sour on GG.

The show being episodic and horror themed means too much of an episode is spent on building atmosphere leading to whiplash-inducing and rushed endings because there can't really be much of a continuous story from episode to episode.

One of our first hanging plot threads in Dracmon is unceremoniously offed. I basically have no hope for Weedmon, etc. going forward.

Canoweissmon feels completely unearned to me, especially with so much mystery still surrounding Gulus. Gulus should have been dealt with first before obtaining Perfect. He wants/expects something from Hiro, the "it's not time yet" line, etc. (Hell, Canoweissmon's flames in his profile art are black like Gulus') No character development to be had, though, just the same tired shonen "shout louder to win" a la Colon. The bar is on the floor for Lamortmon and Thetismon's debuts. Lamortmon probably won't even be berserk like it's profile.

Justin_Brett posted:

in hindsight there was no other way they were going to beat Vamdemon of all Digimon.

Gulus destroyed a Perfect like two episodes ago and Vamdemon isn't even dead, just turned into bats. There was no need for Canowiessmon now. It feels like a waste, like they just needed to get it out of the way.

Balache404 posted:

We got a new snippet of gameplay, along with an intro by Habumon, from a Korean convention called Rulicon. It shows a little bit of both the VN segments and the battle segments.

Nice to see new footage. Hope we get it in English at some point.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Kind of glad now that RL stuff got in the way of me watching Ghost Game after the first episode came out and I never got back to watching it, everything I've heard since has indicated it would probably be something I wouldn't like

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I think Ghost Game's been pretty good so far :shrug:
The episode was fun, though I wish we saw more of Vamdemon's attacks.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So V-Jump leaks seem to confirm that the three main story routes of Survive map to/determine which attribute Agumon’s evos are.

So it’s most likely:

Morality route = Vaccine evos
Harmony route = Data evos
Rage route = Virus evos

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Sleeping Sigma posted:

So V-Jump leaks seem to confirm that the three main story routes of Survive map to/determine which attribute Agumon’s evos are.

So it’s most likely:

Morality route = Vaccine evos
Harmony route = Data evos
Rage route = Virus evos
God, I hope we don't just get, like,

WarGreymon
ShineGreymon
BlackWarGreymon

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

girl dick energy posted:

WarGreymon
ShineGreymon
BlackWarGreymon

ShineGreymon isn’t Data.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nodosaur posted:

ShineGreymon isn’t Data.
WarGreymon
BlackWarGreymon
GrayWarGreymon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tyannomon is data right? Thatd be cool if so

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Given the stated theme of the digimon choices here, leaning towards fewer machines involved, I would guess Gaioumon for the Virus mega and Azulongmon for the Data mega.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

WarGreymon
ShineGreymon
BlackWarGreymon

Going over old promo material on WtW is interesting on this front since so much of it is so old I can't quite say how accurate it is anymore. For example here's Habu talking about giving Agumon evolutions that aren't just what he's gotten in the anime (Colon hadn't happened yet at the time so if the Machinedramon we've seen in footage is Agumon's Rage Mega then this would have been true):

He even teases that we could get brand new Digimon for one of Agumon's or maybe one of the other partner's evolutions (granted this could just mean "new to the evo line not new new"):

What I do want answers on, though, is just how sensitive your alignment is since one comment seems to imply your evolution could change mid-battle after devolving. That or it means you might have MetalGreymon for one fight and then in another you get the Rage Perfect because your alignment changed in between.

Going back to this footage, we can see that the characters can talk during battle but are not subtitled (like in Cyber Sleuth). This worries me a little since apparently a key part of battle is regaining SP to stay evolved by having the human partners talk to their Digimon during a fight. Will there be text boxes for this type of interaction? I hope so since it's very unlikely to be getting a dub.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 18, 2022

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
from what little i've seen in ghost game, the human character designs aren't really distinctive in way that adventure and tamers are. in those two shows the main characters and their digimon always felt like they were equally expressive and complimentary.

kinda a shame because the digimon themselves have some of the best designs within the franchise in quite a while. especially love the gammamon lineup so far

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

In what universe is Kiyoshirou not expressive or memorable

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I also can't agree with saying the characters don't have distinctive and interesting dynamics with their partners. It's not just Kiyoshiro, Ruli and Hiro have interesting interplay with their Digimon partners and indeed with each other. Ghost Game's cast is very strong.

Edit to the below post: Uhhhhh, well to each their own, but I flat out just don't see it.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Nodosaur posted:

In what universe is Kiyoshirou not expressive or memorable

he kinda fits into the mold of snooty bishounens that are par for the course in 2010s anime

tho he has nice hair i'll admit.

also yeah im just making silly observations based off of the first few episodes. obv im biased towards the earlier shows because i grew up watching them

euroshopper fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 18, 2022

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

euroshopper posted:

he kinda fits into the mold of snooty bishounens that are par for the course in 2010s anime

tho he has nice hair i'll admit.

This is the exact opposite of his character. His chuuni delusions aside, Kiyoshirou is helpful and looks out for his underclassmen. He’s not snooty at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
the character development has been pretty strong so far. it's just for me personally its kinda hard for me to form connections to these characters based on designs alone. then again unless i watch something over and over again i generally have a hard time doing so with any animated show (unless the art style is incredibly distinctive)

also might be because i hadn't seen any digimon media for 12 years before watching this

euroshopper fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 18, 2022