Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
looked like it was a coconut crab to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Do we actually know for sure that the yeti crab is ice/fighting? I thought the leak didn't have any info on types.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sharrrk posted:

it's a literal yeti crab. thats the joke

I actually didn't know yeti crabs were a thing, and now I do so thank you.

They also probably taste delicious, once you take the fur offor I mean.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

RealFoxy posted:

ヨー、ヨー (Yo, yo)
来てください (Please gather round)
ミミッキュのラップだよ (It's really Mimikyu's rap)

ピカチュウじゃないよ ミミッキュだよ (I'm not really Pikachu, I'm really Mimikyu)
さみしがりやの ミミッキュだよ (I'm really just a lonely Mimikyu)
おひさま おひさま ちょっとこわい (The sun, the sun, it's a little scary)
まっくらなとこが 好きなんだい (I like the kinds of places that are really dark)
みんなと なかよくなりたくて (I want to make friends with everyone)
ピカチュウのマネっこしています (I'm Pikachu's imitation)
このお洋服 似てるでしょ? (Do you really think I look like one?)
てづくりなんです すごいでしょ? (Isn't it really neat that it's handmade?)
めくっちゃだめだよ ぜったいに (Flipping it over is really NOT a good idea)
見たら 呪われちゃうかもよ (If you really see what's underneath, you end up cursed)
おばけじゃないよ ミミッキュだよ (I'm not really a ghost, I'm really Mimikyu)
大きなツメで きみを守るぞ (My huge claws will totally protect you)
10まんボルトで お役に立つぞ (My Thunderbolt will totally help you)
頼れるポケモン育つから (I'll grow to be a reliable Pokémon)
あなたの仲間にしてください (Please let me be be friends with you)
友達になろう ミミッキュだよ (Becoming friends with you, I'm really Mimikyu)
さみしがりやの ミミッキュだよ (I'm really just a lonely Mimikyu)

おばけじゃないよ ミミッキュだよ (I'm not really a ghost, I'm really Mimikyu)
友達になろう ミミッキュだよ (Becoming friends with you, I'm really Mimikyu)

Kind of sounds like it's sung by the same lady that voices Pikachu/Chopper

Mimikyu is sad dysphoric Pikachu who just needs to be loved. :shobon:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I need to make my Soul Silver playthrough more fun. Anybody want to send me some cool dudes? Don't know if I should use eggs, or just enjoy the exp bonus.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the way you make the exp curve in hgss bearable is by trading yourself 6 lucky eggs

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

I need to make my Soul Silver playthrough more fun. Anybody want to send me some cool dudes? Don't know if I should use eggs, or just enjoy the exp bonus.

Take the EXP bonus for the love of God.

However, I don't think gen 4 and 5 can go online any more.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Internet Kraken posted:

Do we actually know for sure that the yeti crab is ice/fighting? I thought the leak didn't have any info on types.

We don't know it for sure, no, but it's the easiest guess ever. Crabrawler is Fighting type. the yeti crab looks all abominable snowman like, which lends itself to Ice type. done.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nerfed to 25% damage and no power up punch tho.

It might be possible to chain breed Power-Up Punch onto it. Start with Lucario who learns it by level-up and then via e.g. Rhyhorn to Kangaskhan.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 22, 2016

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

edit: nm

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Bongo Bill posted:

Take the EXP bonus for the love of God.

However, I don't think gen 4 and 5 can go online any more.

Oh well. It's a half hearted nostalgia run. I miss having all my shinier and legends follow me around.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh, so If I didn't talk to the guy in fromnt of the Pokecenter in the demo on the 19th I don't get the Pretty Wings? That's rude.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Kikas posted:

Huh, so If I didn't talk to the guy in fromnt of the Pokecenter in the demo on the 19th I don't get the Pretty Wings? That's rude.

I think it's x days since you started the demo rather than on a certain date.

Other characters will presumably give you things too, so far I found girl in hat, man with pikachu, girl at marina and a police officer who all tell me to come back in a certain amount of days. There's also a shop that is said to open in one month but think that might just be referencing the actual games coming out.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Other characters will presumably give you things too, so far I found girl in hat, man with pikachu, girl at marina and a police officer who all tell me to come back in a certain amount of days. There's also a shop that is said to open in one month but think that might just be referencing the actual games coming out.

Nah, the guy just says "there are people in the town you might want to visit on certain days". And today the Girl in the Hat tells me that the person shes been waiting for is coming in 1 day, so it matches the time of events I found online.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Avalerion posted:

I think this is right. I downloaded demo on 18th, played it on the 19th, got the pretty wings on the 20th.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Also, if Lillie's encounter yesterday was any indication there are also going to be a lot of unannounced events during the month. Maybe they'll just add flavor instead of giving you rewards, but still.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

EorayMel posted:

Where is Alolan Walrein?

AKA this

why is it crying

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Tired Moritz posted:

why is it crying

A few marine animals do that to get rid of excess salt.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

McDragon posted:

Slowpoke's song is better, but Mimikyu's is more cute

magikarp's song is the best

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Why the gently caress doesn't steel type have a sword slash move

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

A6z7q7efjpnq8dth

A6z7q7u9rwjx88tn

A6z7q73knr7jzcqs

A6z7qarfmxfk8yam

Some extra volcanion codes.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

A6z7q7efjpnq8dth

Took this one, Thanks!

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
A6z7qarfmxfk8yam

Thanks for the code!

Edit: Looks like it doesn't work...

SirBukkake fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 22, 2016

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

A6z7q7efjpnq8dth

A6z7q7u9rwjx88tn

A6z7q73knr7jzcqs

A6z7qarfmxfk8yam

Some extra volcanion codes.

they're already taken

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

jarbv posted:

they're already taken

I just scratched them off so I guess they were sniped.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

First three give a "this code has already been claimed" message, fourth just comes back as wrong though so probably made a typo in it. :eng101:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Try replacing any Qs with Os.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Why the gently caress doesn't steel type have a sword slash move

Why doesn't Water have a cutter move, Grass a flytrap-style trap move, or Ghost a life-sucking or poltergeist throwing attack move? The designers miss a lot of obvious ideas. Moves are much easier to fix than say, the type chart's balance or anything.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

less laughter posted:

It might be possible to chain breed Power-Up Punch onto it. Start with Lucario who learns it by level-up and then via e.g. Rhyhorn to Kangaskhan.

lol that's a lot of effort. RIP godKangaskhan.

and speaking of, I was telling a couple of guys the other day about Mega Kangaskhan, which they hadn't heard about before, and about how it learned Power-Up Punch. their jaws dropped. "That's broken." they said. well, I told them, Game Freak doesn't care about balance.
but I guess that's changed?

Speaking of all that, I'm wondering if it's possible very few Gen VII Pokemon will see OU competitive use. Kinda doubt either Robinhoot or Heeltiger will be up there, but Water/Fairy is a strong type combo, so if the siren has the right stats it could see use.
Turtonator might be decent, considering Fire/Dragon is a solid defensive typing with only three weaknesses (Rock/Ground/Dragon).
I guess Lycanroc Middday Form might see use as the rare fast rock type.
possibly Kommo-o, because it's likely the pseudolegendary.
Silvally will get booted to Ubers right quick.

maybe the Island guardians, if they're not too strong. They're all good typings (Electric/Fairy, and I assume based on Oricorio, Ghost/Fairy, Psychic/Fairy, and Fire/Fairy).

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Oops that last code ends in a w not a m.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wasn't Talonflame, a flying/fire type, an OU staple for a while or something? I wouldn't try to guess how good a 'mon will be on supposed typings alone.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Oops that last code ends in a w not a m.

hey thanks, i took the corrected code

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Spatula City posted:

lol that's a lot of effort.

Not really. Lucario learns it as early as level 15 and then you'd only need to breed two babies.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Why doesn't Water have a cutter move, Grass a flytrap-style trap move, or Ghost a life-sucking or poltergeist throwing attack move? The designers miss a lot of obvious ideas. Moves are much easier to fix than say, the type chart's balance or anything.

Water type has razor shell it just has poo poo distribution. A wrap+leech seed sounds really overpowered, unless you just want grass type clamp. For the ghost move there is nightmare, but I guess you want more of a ghost type draining kiss. I think a possession move would be cool where if you outspeed a Pokemon and successfully land the move you get to take control of your oppenent's Pokemon's moves for that turn

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Spatula City posted:

lol that's a lot of effort. RIP godKangaskhan.

and speaking of, I was telling a couple of guys the other day about Mega Kangaskhan, which they hadn't heard about before, and about how it learned Power-Up Punch. their jaws dropped. "That's broken." they said. well, I told them, Game Freak doesn't care about balance.
but I guess that's changed?

Speaking of all that, I'm wondering if it's possible very few Gen VII Pokemon will see OU competitive use. Kinda doubt either Robinhoot or Heeltiger will be up there, but Water/Fairy is a strong type combo, so if the siren has the right stats it could see use.
Turtonator might be decent, considering Fire/Dragon is a solid defensive typing with only three weaknesses (Rock/Ground/Dragon).
I guess Lycanroc Middday Form might see use as the rare fast rock type.
possibly Kommo-o, because it's likely the pseudolegendary.
Silvally will get booted to Ubers right quick.

maybe the Island guardians, if they're not too strong. They're all good typings (Electric/Fairy, and I assume based on Oricorio, Ghost/Fairy, Psychic/Fairy, and Fire/Fairy).

It is way too soon to say how things will work out meta wise. We don't have any information on the typings, stats, movepools, or abilities for the leaked Pokemon.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wasn't Talonflame, a flying/fire type, an OU staple for a while or something? I wouldn't try to guess how good a 'mon will be on supposed typings alone.

It still is. Priority is the big thing in the Gen VI meta, and Gale Wings Brave Bird is pretty terrifying. It's also a very common sight in the Gen VI VGCs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Talonflame has been OU since the day its hidden ability was properly programmed I'm pretty sure.

Typing is an important part of a mon's usefulness but it's important within the context of your team, its role, and the meta. Some types are just obviously fantastic like Dragon/Steel but if your team has a crippling weakness to ground or fighting moves in a meta where those are common then it's probably not a great fit for the last team slot. Similarly Fire/Flying sounds pretty blugh until you realize that you want something to switch in on grass, fairy, ground, and fighting attacks and your team has a good Defog user. Or maybe you don't care about resists at all and you just want to throw huge STAB Dragon attacks so you have three dragons on your team and only one Fairy resist and that can work too. It's all about the team rather than the individual.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
If alolan dugtrio is actually is rock type and is sufficiently fast it'll probably see some new use in the meta game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also in the case of Talonflame it had a god tier ability and a versatile moveset. Stallbreaker, Swords Dance, Choice Band, Bulky, whatever you need.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Give the tiger starter fur coat as its hidden ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It always sucks when GameFreak makes it hard to get a good move on a Pokemon.

Like Softboiled Clefable, which I'd need to buy about four or five games and two gaming systems just to get. :argh: