Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trouser_mouse
Apr 27, 2008

Was the music at the end the same track as the end of season 1 episode 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

trouser_mouse posted:

Was the music at the end the same track as the end of season 1 episode 1?

Yes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I love the pilot but I think the music sucked there too

I remember being really hesitant to go on to ep 2 but the rest of the pilot owned too much

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

warcrimes posted:

Need a gif of the horses just chilling with zombies walking within feet of them in the scene preceding this one please.
Sometimes a horse will see zombies far away and throw off its rider.
Other times, a horse shows no fear of zombies at all.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
They are apparently making TWD movies?

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-movies-1203019537/

Heralding the beginning of the end imo, when a tv show beings to transition into movies it's already in it's death throes and the legs are twitching :lol:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I think I stopped watching this show around s4 or so, after The Revenge of The Governor 2 Electric Boogaloo around the time the cannibals (I think they were cannibals?) trap them and Carol rambos them out. Since then I just watched some random clips here and there when they popped in my youtube feed, mostly Jeremy Jahn's season reviews, but even he got loving bored of these stupid show 2 years ago so I've been pretty much in the dark since aside from hearing that Carl dies cause kid actors are apparently smarter than adult actors and decided to jump off the sinking ship while he still could savage some degree of a future career.

This last episode I watched however because I wanted to see if they'd really have the balls to kill the last remaining main character of the show or if they'd have the balls to continue said show if they actually killed him off.

Turns out they did neither. Classic TWD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But the worst part to me was neither the B movie quality CGI, nor the Poochie ending, but what an atrocious deformity they made Judith Grimes into. She is not a character. She is a Frankenstein monster made up of the amalgamated pieces of what the show runners considered made other characters "cool" and "badass". If they could have gotten away with it they would have strapped an eye patch and made her ride the loving tiger.

And the even worst part is this:

Gortarius posted:

They probably should write Ocelot into the show. The cast are basically videogame characters anyway so why not.

Even the videogame made by the bankrupt company at least got the personality of the kid who was born in a post apocalyptic world right.

We are getting rid of The Big Bang Theory this year, I keep my fingers crossed that next year is TWD's turn.

edit:

moist turtleneck posted:

nevermind it was the inside

Ok, I need to go and watch these seasons.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 7, 2018

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Binary Logic posted:

Sometimes a horse will see zombies far away and throw off its rider.
Other times, a horse shows no fear of zombies at all.

Horses are big dumb animals.
Kinda like TWD writers.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

lezard_valeth posted:

We are getting rid of The Big Bang Theory this year, I keep my fingers crossed that next year is TWD's turn.

Dude...

What if there's a crossover?

EDIT:

I tipped my toes in the dark waters and looked up some youtube reaction channels watching the latest episode. I know they are always hammed up out the rear end, but people are like legit crying when Rick is rolling on the ground and brasting himself into confetti. It's the mirror opposite reaction to SA...

So who are the real monsters, hmm? Makes ya think, huh?

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 7, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gortarius posted:

Dude...

What if there's a crossover?

EDIT:

I tipped my toes in the dark waters and looked up some youtube reaction channels watching the latest episode. I know they are always hammed up out the rear end, but people are like legit crying when Rick is rolling on the ground and brasting himself into confetti. It's the mirror opposite reaction to SA...

goons

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Johnny Truant posted:

ahhh i knew i recognized one of the new people right at the end of the episode, it's Luna from The 100. drat, they're just poaching all the actors from that show, huh.

They're gonna eventually merge FTWD and TWD and we're gonna find out the entire franchise was building up for a final showdown to determine if Luna really would have defeated Lexa in their Conclave or if she was just full of poo poo.

Speaking of FTWD, if Rick was smart, he'd take a swan dive out of that helicopter and land in a different film franchise not related to TWD at all.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Acacia REI posted:

They're gonna eventually merge FTWD and TWD and we're gonna find out the entire franchise was building up for a final showdown to determine if Luna really would have defeated Lexa in their Conclave or if she was just full of poo poo.

Speaking of FTWD, if Rick was smart, he'd take a swan dive out of that helicopter and land in a different film franchise not related to TWD at all.

We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Rick, is in fact, not smart.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

So I guess Andrew Lincoln doesn't plan on anything other than the movies

(from: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/04/arts/television/andrew-lincoln-the-walking-dead.html)

So I guess Rick just kind of disappears and maybe never sees Shane's kid ever again. Maybe she'd appear in the movies, but never back on the show.

Seriously, should have just killed him off, had any kind of integrity.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

JossiRossi posted:

You are asking integrity in the show whose network suggested the protagonists "hear the zombies instead of actually seeing them to save on make up" back when it was rising in popularity in s2, and who apparently recently when it has been a financial success for a couple of years printed a house interior wallpaper instead of like going to a random person's house and saying "hey, here's 100 bucks, can we get some shots of your interior"

Gortarius posted:

I went a step further and looked for the Judith reveal scene on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu7fnzt3eLE) and read some comments...here are some cherry picked ones

quote:

She's wearing Rick's hat..carrying Rick's gun..and Carrying a sword like michonne.
I can't deal with all the emotion here

quote:

Looks like we have the Tv version of Clementine and I'm ok with that. Because let's be real she looks pretty badass

quote:

And just like that, TWD just got interesting again.

quote:

Somewhere in this show there is going to have to be a scene with Judith eating pudding on a roof. Lol

quote:

Can Daryl see the future or something? Cause she deffently is a "little rear end kicker".

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 7, 2018

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"inherited protagonist status", when it isn't part of the premise of the series like with Carl, has always been a direct-to-video sequel thing before the death of the franchise

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

lezard_valeth posted:

I went a step further and looked for the Judith reveal scene on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu7fnzt3eLE) and read some comments...here are some cherry picked ones

Take a gander at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUwVgu4OHO0

This is the worst thing I've seen in my entire life. This is why there are 9 seasons of this total horse patoot.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
even ignoring judith, jesus christ are the other survivors supposed to look badass?

they're some of the worst bit-part actors I've seen. but I can't blame them because holllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy poo poo, the "head stab with knife" zombie kill that was apparently adopted as badass move supreme 5 seasons ago will never, ever look cool or competent. and for gently caress's sake, the rock-wielding gal mimes stepping on some zombie's head for a finisher but there is no sound effect. it's just "STEP GRUNT"

and the lady that goes down gets bit by a zombie that she does the "under chin stab" move to, a move that has killed countless zombies instantly

and this dude is chubby and wearing a suit jacket eight years into the apocalypse? even gregory was trim.

E: there's enough long, thin metal chunks around to provide ample assassination material for treacherous horses but no one has thought to weld one onto a knife blade yet. because there is no way an opponent whose one and only attack is biting would be foiled by a weapon with a reach longer than the length of a human hand

I hate this so much

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 8, 2018

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

I'mma give reactors the benefit of the doubt and assume they are faking it/overreacting because "Hey, our moronic viewers enjoy this lovely rear end show".

Some reactors like The Normies couldn't control themselves and poked fun at how stupid stuff like the chill horse and dream sequences were and they ended up upsetting said moronic fans.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So bad youtube clips and post-election alcohol has caused me and my partner to just start watching the most recent ep for real instead of reading reactions and first though:

what the gently caress horse

I thought it was a meme but the fucker bucks rick into impalement, then just casually hangs around long enough for him to hallucinate, wake up, pull himself up, and remount

but then it just slowly trots away? loving run you stupid horse.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I don't care to talk about realism on this show. I haven't watched this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu7fnzt3eLE
This is some of the worst I've seen. Judith with that gun. The "choreography". The lack of effects. This bit looks like a fanfilm, or maybe like a Youtube Red exclusive webshow.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

They should just keep putting the characters in more and more ridiculous situations that they successfully escape from. Next episode ends with Daryl falling into the pit again and breaking both his legs with no hope of survival.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I will say one good thing about this ep: the rick parts kinda, sorta, vaguely reminded me of being deathly ill in the hospital and drugged out of my mind. It was a weird cycle of "oh gently caress, this is real, still here" then drifting off without anything that felt like sleep into hallucinations of loved ones and past situations but with weird poo poo added, then back to "gently caress still here, this is real" over and over

The difference was ofc that there were no meaningful hallucinatory conversations and it was just purely terrifying and horrible

And that my unconscious mind can make better fight scenes.

Rick being poochied pretty much renders all those scenes meaningless too. At least Shane was here.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

and the lady that goes down gets bit by a zombie that she does the "under chin stab" move to, a move that has killed countless zombies instantly

I hate this so much

She didn't get bit, she cranked her head on the ground, but I don't think they had a sound effect for it.

And I'm 'eagerly' watching the next few episodes to see how they handle Connie (the one that was bashing the zombie with a rock). Lauren Ridloff is a Deaf actress, so I'm waiting to see how poorly they handle 'Deaf character in the zombie apocalypse'. The actress actually got an Emmy nomination for Children of a Lesser God.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's wrong with the soft palate stab, it's the corner stone of zombie killing blows. Everyone knows that.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

lol efb:

I know this is like the 200th instance of this in TWD, but the brain isn't located in the chin. There's so few real ways to kill a zombie that they just got lazy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We're looping back into watching episode 1 for comparison, and this Rick seems like a completely different character.

Also there's attention to details like "rick holds a lit match too long and burns his finger"

E: Boxer shorts and hospital gown Rick cycling away from one zombie and crying is infinitely more compelling than what he became

E2: Morgan's accent is completely different

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 8, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I thought for a minute they might do something cool like have it all be a fever dream and Rick just got ate up while he was impaled on the rebar, but whoever said they did a 360 ns kickflip over the shark had it on the mark.

My favorite part was the promo: as it begins to descend into true madness my wife goes "they're about to say 'the zombies are evolving'" and sure enough Eugene's stupid voice chimed in with perfect comedic timing. :allears:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We're looping back into watching episode 1 for comparison, and this Rick seems like a completely different character.

Also there's attention to details like "rick holds a lit match too long and burns his finger"

E: Boxer shorts and hospital gown Rick cycling away from one zombie and crying is infinitely more compelling than what he became

E2: Morgan's accent is completely different

#shanewasright

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

LadyPictureShow posted:

She didn't get bit, she cranked her head on the ground, but I don't think they had a sound effect for it.

And I'm 'eagerly' watching the next few episodes to see how they handle Connie (the one that was bashing the zombie with a rock). Lauren Ridloff is a Deaf actress, so I'm waiting to see how poorly they handle 'Deaf character in the zombie apocalypse'. The actress actually got an Emmy nomination for Children of a Lesser God.

Can't wait for them to gently caress this one up.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I can totally see the target demographic of this show going "huurrr how come she survived for 6 years if she deaf" without realising that there are 4 different levels of deafness

I can also totally see the show going a completely tactless route and saying something completely dumb like "well she has survived so far because she can SMELL the zombies, cause you know, she is deaf and all her other senses got more sharp :v".

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I wasn't deaf until Rick brasted a gun right next to my ears 10 minutes ago. This is my backstory.

I love that one-two punch the woman does in that last clip. It looks so dumb. Just the light tap on the zombos hand and then a stabbing to the chins. Beautiful. I also just noticed that she stabs the first zombie in the chest?

Most of all I like that they have, somehow, been ambushed from all angles by zombies but also that there are these huge gaps in the zombie ranks and you could just walk out of that situation.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Maybe they should stop posing after every zombie kill

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Why do you keep doing this?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

So I guess Andrew Lincoln doesn't plan on anything other than the movies

(from: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/04/arts/television/andrew-lincoln-the-walking-dead.html)

So I guess Rick just kind of disappears and maybe never sees Shane's kid ever again. Maybe she'd appear in the movies, but never back on the show.

hahaha this is amazing

I hope they literally never address trash lady or Rick or the helicopter ever again

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
Look guys, this season really isn't that bad, okay? It's actually pretty good maybe?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sneeze Party posted:

Look guys, this season really isn't that bad, okay? It's actually pretty good maybe?

Gimple is that you?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

did they really turn this poo poo into TWD: the next generation?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
No because tng is actually sneaky good

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Walkin' Dead - The New Class

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Just realized Judith grows up thinking she’s a true Grimes and will never know about her superior real dad

Ia anyone who remembers Shane even alive as of the time skip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Carol and Daryl. Maggie if she's still around after the time skip.

'Your Dad was a good man. He beat the Hell out of my lovely, abusive husband once!'