Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

15 pounds in your first semester from all the cheap high-calorie food in the dining hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2003 Spiderman

The Amazing Tyrannus

Nancy

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kavak posted:

15 pounds in your first semester from all the cheap high-calorie food in the dining hall.

15 poundings in your first semester from all the cheap booze in the alley behind the dining hall, my word

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

it's cool how much the mark trail guy obviously resents nature

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
He needs to read Golden Kamuy, which keeps as its main theme that nature is beautiful and wonderful and delicious but also absolutely terrifying and uncaring and will make no compunctions when it comes to killing you and eating you, not necessarily in that order

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (July 28, 1930)

Peanuts (September 28, 1970)

Sally Forth

Funky Winkerbean

Hey, everybody! Summer's back to deliver her only line of the year! And she's delivering it to absentee wife Cayla! Have a great life while we're not paying attention, you two!

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 3-4, 1930)

Thimble Theater (April 15, 1931)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Mandrake

Do these show up fine? Imgur is making GBS threads bed so I picked another site.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 25, 2017

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:thunk:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's a store in what is likely some of the most expensive real estate in DC that sells beads. I swear it must be a front, but I've been assured that no, it's just a store that sells beads in a super good location in a popular neighborhood.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Hey, everybody! Summer's back to deliver her only line of the year! And she's delivering it to absentee wife Cayla! Have a great life while we're not paying attention, you two!

Being honest, I can't fault either for spending as much time as possible as far away as possible from Les and the rest of that bunch.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

There's a store in what is likely some of the most expensive real estate in DC that sells beads. I swear it must be a front, but I've been assured that no, it's just a store that sells beads in a super good location in a popular neighborhood.

Are they Pandora beads? Because that poo poo is upper-middle-class white woman crack.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Obligatory

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Selachian posted:

Are they Pandora beads? Because that poo poo is upper-middle-class white woman crack.

No idea. I have zero reason to go into a bead shop, so I have no idea what they actually sell.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Likewise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J2kc4oZTVU

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Calaveron posted:

Different culture, what's the freshman fifteen? From Luann context it apparently means getting fifteen dickings in one night?

A lot of universities in the US have cafeteria style dining and also, of course, if you're living on your own for the first time, surrounded by other 18-year olds, you're more likely to indulge yourself in stuff than you would have living with your parents. So between an all-you-can-eat style venue for lunch and not having parents around to potentially chide you for eating a pizza at two in the morning, a lot of first-year college kids put on some weight.

That might sound overly negative. College is also, hopefully, a less judgmental and claustrophobic environment for a lot of kids, so it's also likely that people who came into college with unhealthily restrictive diets or peer-pressure around weight might adopt a more balanced and pleasant relationship with food and gain some weight too.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

I'm going to let Wallace and company handle this:

bonus dino-related Wallace:

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Baby Blues

Curtis

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

I loving love all the characters involved in this story SOOOO much.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
New research suggests that Brontosaurus and Apatosaurus are indeed separate genuses.

Pluto can still suck it, though.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Monday comics:

BC

Phoebe

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Baby Blues

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

FBofW

September 23, 2010

Lynn posted:

As a kid, I thought being grown up would be the best thing ever. I thought about the freedom I’d have … and now that I’ve experienced many years of freedom… I wonder why I didn’t enjoy more those years when somebody ELSE did all the work and all the worrying!

September 24, 2010

Lynn posted:

Kitchens are often designed by people who never cook. Our place up north was one of these and the lack of useful cupboard space resulted in the occasional avalanche. We had a wall oven and the cupboards next to this had to contain stuff that wouldn’t melt, shrivel or dry out. Imagine the fun we had separating a wad of emergency candles that had been stored in this heated hollow. Yes, a well designed kitchen is a necessity! And I didn’t get one ’til my kids were grown and gone!

September 25, 2010

Lynn posted:

This scenario took place word for word as I was grocery shopping with my son. I was a single mom on a very tight budget and if I went over $20.00 a week for the 2 of us, I wouldn’t be able to pay my mortgage, (which was $150.00 a month at the time.) An older gentleman heard me comparing prices to those of my childhood and reminded me that times had changed for him, too. Here I am, now at the age of 63 likely the same age he was…and prices have gone beyond what any of us could have imagined. Strange then, to think that we likely waste more food now than any other generation in history.

Back to B.C.

Random Acts of Nancy

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Spirit of the Staircase

Lucky Cow

Barkeater Lake

Bad Machinery

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why is there so much Baby Blues and Big Nate and bad Nancy and BC and other lovely comics in this particular page

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Calaveron posted:

Why is there so much Baby Blues and Big Nate and bad Nancy and BC and other lovely comics in this particular page

I'm thankful for the posters of the bad comics. While I don't find the aforementioned anything beyond terribly mediocre, I'm certainly guilty of compulsively hate-reading modern Nancy, the Tinkersons, Funky, Luann, Dustin, and Chickweed Lane

Even though I think the illustrations in Dustin and FOOB are really good, the only comics I actually enjoy reading are Pros and Cons, Ballard Street, Cul de Sac (rip), Mopsy, Everett True, and sometimes Spiderman. However the other day I thought Garfield was cute so maybe my taste is more questionable than I think.

Anyway, speaking of bad comics:

Luann

Reply All

Zits

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
If only good comics were posted here, this thread would be about 5 pages.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
I'm really liking this recent Happy Cow arc, actually.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

If slamming a door in Luann's face is a sign of sickness, I don't want to be healthy.

I'm glad Dez called out these harpies for making fun of Tiff's weight when she (Dez) is larger herself. She let them off the hook way too easy, though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set gets political.

Working Daze gets political.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets financial.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Working Daze guy works fast, if that's supposed to be a Nuffle thing. Not well, mind. But fast.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane continues to be shallow.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 26, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (February 11, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (March 10, 1924)

Lil' Abner (November 9, 1937)

Barney Google (March 13, 1923)

Alley Oop (June 12, 1934)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Lynn Johnston posted:

As a kid, I thought being grown up would be the best thing ever. I thought about the freedom I’d have … and now that I’ve experienced many years of freedom… I wonder why I didn’t enjoy more those years when somebody ELSE did all the work and all the worrying!
I've never understood this attitude. Being an adult is way better than being a child. You've got money and can choose what to buy with it. You're responsible for yourself so you don't have to do what you're told. There are things you have to do but you know why you're doing them and what the consequences will be if you don't. And if you want hotdogs for dinner you can just have hotdogs for dinner. In fact, I'm going to have hotdogs for dinner.

Lynn Johnston posted:

This scenario took place word for word as I was grocery shopping with my son.
She called her son Elizabeth?

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Lol, this dumbass kid doesn't want to put effort into schoolwork, but puts effort into explaining that he doesn't want me to die? :rolleyes:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (February 10, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (February 10, 1996)

Garfield Classic (February 10, 1986)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

Garfield Classic (February 10, 1986)

Garfield confirmed for psychic :stare:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Garfield confirmed for psychic :stare:

Uncanny how well that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dustin

they should have included the BEEP BOOP BEEP sound effect when Ed is using his smart phone to make a call, so the audience understands that he's making a call

• Locked thread