Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

ruddiger posted:

see also: gently caress boy (or "fuckboi" if you're a huge piece of poo poo)

I believe the Ultimate Evolution is "fuccboi" and it's even more explicitly homophobic, yeah. Rhymes with gently caress toy for a reason. By contrast cuck is more like calling someone male a beta or a bitch. A good three quarters of all English profanity centers on perceived femininity and sexual preference, at least obliquely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I like fuckboy and cuck, but not as insults, cause they just don't work as insults

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Anyone got any suggestions for names for my unboxing video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSV4x0X-fvM

I think UNBOXING CHINESE TEETH might be a spoiler.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

porfiria posted:

A lot of this comes down to straight up physical appearance no? If Steve Jobs looked like Saddam Hussein he'd be Arab. If Barack Obama looked like Rashida Jones he'd be our first mixed-race president.

That's what makes it a social category rather than being reflective of some actual racial delineation. Rashida Jones is not "more white" than Obama. Both have a black father and white mother. Yet Rashida "passes" and Obama does not.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The appeal of the word 'cuck' is that it's a sneaky-sneaky way to say 'human being' that also rhymes with 'gently caress' - and you can't get in trouble with teacher if she overhears you because it's technically not a real swear.

It also comes with fun racial implications!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That's what makes it a social category rather than being reflective of some actual racial delineation. Rashida Jones is not "more white" than Obama. Both have a black father and white mother. Yet Rashida "passes" and Obama does not.

That and that there ARE no "actual racial delineations", of course. They have to be socially constructed to exist at all.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Anyone got any suggestions for names for my unboxing video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSV4x0X-fvM

I think UNBOXING CHINESE TEETH might be a spoiler.

Clackers?

To me personally, while people give me the bullshit of you look white or act white, the big differential is cultural upbringing and media. You don't really relate with any protagonist or heroes or characters in media for the most part. You have a different name other kids pick on. Your parents don't understand the culture cause they were raised in another culture and thus use that with your upbringing. Hence why I never liked the "looks like a minority or not" argument". IMO its more then that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is a very misleading cover

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

DeimosRising posted:

I believe the Ultimate Evolution is "fuccboi" and it's even more explicitly homophobic, yeah. Rhymes with gently caress toy for a reason. By contrast cuck is more like calling someone male a beta or a bitch. A good three quarters of all English profanity centers on perceived femininity and sexual preference, at least obliquely.

Eh, it also works as a male equivalent of "slut."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Death By The Blues posted:

How old are you SMG or is that a concept beyond you?

This is where he comes in with "I am advanced chatbot," blah blah blah.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DeimosRising posted:

That and that there ARE no "actual racial delineations", of course. They have to be socially constructed to exist at all.

Yeah naturally. That's how previously subhuman Italians and Irish became the most ferocious defenders of whiteness, and how the son of an Iranian or a Cuban in Florida can be to the right of J. Edgar Hoover.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I always thought it was super twisted how eager elements on the right became in 08 to let everyone know Obama wasn't "really" black, he had a white mom!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yeah naturally. That's how previously subhuman Italians and Irish became the most ferocious defenders of whiteness, and how the son of an Iranian or a Cuban in Florida can be to the right of J. Edgar Hoover.

Yeah I just thought your phrasing was ambiguous, it sort of implies that the social construct of race is failing to accurately reflect a real underlying biological phenomenon. The majority of all human genetic variation exists within Africa, and the majority of non African variation exists in India. Everything else is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Hodgepodge posted:

Eh, it also works as a male equivalent of "slut."
Yeah, this is actually the only way I've seen it used. Fortunately, there's only one person on my Facebook feed that uses terms like that, and 'thot', which I genuinely don't know the meaning of.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Slugworth posted:

Yeah, this is actually the only way I've seen it used. Fortunately, there's only one person on my Facebook feed that uses terms like that, and 'thot', which I genuinely don't know the meaning of.

true homosexuals on twitter

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah I just thought your phrasing was ambiguous, it sort of implies that the social construct of race is failing to accurately reflect a real underlying biological phenomenon. The majority of all human genetic variation exists within Africa, and the majority of non African variation exists in India. Everything else is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction.

Nah what I more meant is that knowing that's all it is makes the motivation behind defending it much easier to suss out.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So I've made it all the way to Puppet Master 7: Retro Puppet Master... And it stars Greg Sestero!

The sound is so bad it's virtually unwatchable.

The acting is so bad at least one of the actors sounds like a text to speech program.

It still might be better than Curse of the Puppet Master. We'll see if they have the budget to actually animate puppets moving in this one...

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Nah what I more meant is that knowing that's all it is makes the motivation behind defending it much easier to suss out.

Same deal as "upward mobility", "the American Dream", etc. Work hard and don't associate with blacks and you, too, can someday maybe be rich and white. As long as you can almost reach the brass ring you're less likely to say gently caress the whole thing, it's gotta go.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
the double c in place of the ck is just crip spelling, and I've never really heard it used in place of fag or slut, just to insult someone who puts on a facade of being something they arent

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I've only heard "fuckboy" used by women to refer to like, guys who message girls they dont know about how they should be having sex or w/e

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
That is pretty cucky.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

All this poo poo just sound like abracadabra to me anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoMBlywH1UI

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Timby posted:

This is where he comes in with "I am advanced chatbot," blah blah blah.

You've been well trained.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So you are like Bonzi Buddy old.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
a bit of the old ludovoco

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

just started reading Roadside Picnic and it's dope as hell

Yuuuup.

What is also dope as hell, is Get Out

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Get Out is probably the least scary horror movie in retrospect. I'm white as all hell of course and there is also no way my european racist parents would ever want to inhabit my girlfriends body. Good movie though.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Fuckboys are like straight white guys who wear basketball shorts no matter the weather and talk about leaning on social media even though they can barely handle a corona light.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

This is exactly what I was thinking of when I saw "dunkey." Have you watched their show yet? I've only seen the Rancho episode, and it was really unfocused but that made was part of why it was good good McElboys (and McEldad) content.

Yeah, it's all VERY good

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Yelling at JonTron that you don't consider him white is some Nazi bullshit.
This is what happens when you stare into the abyss.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ugh, I broke my vomit streak about 15 minutes ago. :(

Think I'm hatching a stomach flu.

married but discreet posted:

Get Out is probably the least scary horror movie in retrospect. I'm white as all hell of course and there is also no way my european racist parents would ever want to inhabit my girlfriends body. Good movie though.

Scary? Perhaps not, but it's one of the most disturbing fiction films I've seen recently. I love how it's pretty much a feature-length Outer Limits episode (original or remake).

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Sorry to hear that:(

But yea Get Out is disturbing and spooky creepy.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I definitely think Get Out is scary, I'm struggling to think of anyone else besides Peele who's pulled off the skin-crawling paranoid dread of early Polanski so well that wasn't early Polanski. Maybe Philip Kaufman in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Egbert Souse posted:

Ugh, I broke my vomit streak about 15 minutes ago. :(

Think I'm hatching a stomach flu.

How long a streak are we talking? I lost a 14-year streak to a FourLoko, which sucked but I got to quote this verbatim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aamDcMU9C2Q

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

wyoming posted:

Yelling at JonTron that you don't consider him white is some Nazi bullshit.
This is what happens when you stare into the abyss.

I think its more of a directed insult just to try and piss him off but yeah it's really dumb.

One of friends in high school would drunkenly call me Oberführer because holy poo poo did I look like Hitler youth before I grew my hair out. On a side note he was a teenage Jacobin and probably the most well read person I've ever known but we lost touch in college :(.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I definitely think Get Out is scary, I'm struggling to think of anyone else besides Peele who's pulled off the skin-crawling paranoid dread of early Polanski so well besides early Polanski.

Unfortunately it doesn't look a third as good as early Polanski..

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Short art film of the day is Ivan Zulueta's Leo es Pardo: http://www.ubu.com/film/zulueta_leo.html

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

I'd say it looks at least a third as good, which is fine by me. A third as good looking as Repulsion is still way above average.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm really loving how Get Out has done incredibly well in theaters. 4.5 million budget and it's already over 110 million.

It also means we'll get to see more films from Peele hopefully, which is exciting.

Coffee And Pie posted:

How long a streak are we talking? I lost a 14-year streak to a FourLoko, which sucked but I got to quote this verbatim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aamDcMU9C2Q

At least two years. Nothing as monumental. The ironic thing about vomiting is that the action is so revolting that it makes you want to vomit even more.

Though, I was at least comforted that I'd get to reference Seinfeld.

Also, obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiJUjbwb4ug

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kn_dHspHd8M&feature=youtu.be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

DeimosRising posted:

on the other hand peele isn't a pedophile

• Locked thread