Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Zeo as a season does not hold up in 2018, but you have to appreciate how the Power Rangers editing/writing people not only wrote out the bleak Game of Thrones poo poo going on in the Machine story arc, but also restrained themselves to not use the most ridiculous physical comedy moments as well.

At a time when Bulk and Skull were being penned in for a spin-off show, a writer said, “I’m not gonna use the footage of dancing zords, or Sprocket riding a missile like Dr Strangelove. Even if it means we have to shoot near whole episodes like King For A Day and that one with the spider.” That takes a little courage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

Zeo as a season does not hold up in 2018, but you have to appreciate how the Power Rangers editing/writing people not only wrote out the bleak Game of Thrones poo poo going on in the Machine story arc, but also restrained themselves to not use the most ridiculous physical comedy moments as well.

At a time when Bulk and Skull were being penned in for a spin-off show, a writer said, “I’m not gonna use the footage of dancing zords, or Sprocket riding a missile like Dr Strangelove. Even if it means we have to shoot near whole episodes like King For A Day and that one with the spider.” That takes a little courage.

Yeah, I really think Power Rangers is at its best when it says “Thanks for the footage and the suits” and kinda does its own thing. Even seasons that follow the Sentai closely have their own interpretations or even fully original characters. Hope Beast Morphers will bring that back.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I remember as a kid being super hype for Jason being back and then just kind of not caring

Thanks to MMPR abridged, I realize this is because he does nothing of value after coming back.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

They absolutely used the footage of dancing zords.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what happened to Scorpina, Gasket, and Archerina really should be prime fodder for Beyond the Grid

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Lizard Wizard posted:

They absolutely used the footage of dancing zords.

This?

I know that a season 3 episode repurposed footage of dancing Shogun Megazord spamming as it lost power.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FYI, the first vid of Power Rangers Car Boys will be uploaded on Friday rather than Wednesday. Mostly because it starts with a three-parter.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You doing the movie like before?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
can we not call it car boys, in light of it all?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DoctorWhat posted:

In light of what? Don't tell me there was some weird sex scandal on the set of Turbo.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

You doing the movie like before?

Well, about that.

Fox immediately blocked my edit of the first movie and I can't find the recap montage from the first episode on Youtube, leading me to believe that any vid that includes that montage will be struck down. So essentially I'll have to include some form of recap acknowledging that whole mess.

Doing the movie as well as the opening three-parter would be about as much work as doing, well, another three-parter, and I'm already trying to maintain a regular upload schedule. On top of that, I've gotten a surprising amount of non-goon subscribers over the past several months, so it doesn't exactly feel fair to disrupt the schedule for something that will end up being essentially just for goons.

But yes, I'll probably end up doing the movie at some point.

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm aware of Nick Robinson being a total creep in the process of trying to get his Dick Robinson wet, but car boys has so far been the best title. If anyone wants to suggest a new title (and I like it enough), then sure.

also please refresh my memory on any previous suggestions

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
What about "Car Talk"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Phantom Menace (for multiple reasons)

Power Ranger5: Angel Grove Drift

Drive Angry

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 11, 2018

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Im bad at puns and think they’re usually pretty lame, so Power Rangers Good Year is all I’ve got, which is both ironic considering Turbo’s reputation and also containing the obligatory automotive reference.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, about that.

Fox immediately blocked my edit of the first movie and I can't find the recap montage from the first episode on Youtube, leading me to believe that any vid that includes that montage will be struck down. So essentially I'll have to include some form of recap acknowledging that whole mess.

Doing the movie as well as the opening three-parter would be about as much work as doing, well, another three-parter, and I'm already trying to maintain a regular upload schedule. On top of that, I've gotten a surprising amount of non-goon subscribers over the past several months, so it doesn't exactly feel fair to disrupt the schedule for something that will end up being essentially just for goons.

I'm aware of Nick Robinson being a total creep in the process of trying to get his Dick Robinson wet, but car boys has so far been the best title. If anyone wants to suggest a new title (and I like it enough), then sure.

You should really put these up in a MEGA folder considering how much a shithouse YouTube is becoming lately, then you'd be able to include the Movies

Also have you gotten to fixing up those early episodes yet?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Piranhatrons: the Series

e: Lee Iacoca's Power Rangers

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 11, 2018

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Mighty Horsin' Power Rangers

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Car Wars

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, about that.

Power Rangers Turbo Teens
Four Rangers and a Baby
Power Rangers Traffic Force

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Power Rangers: Wacky Races?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Power Rangers: Wacky Races?

Fun fact: at one point I uploaded a video of my cat, Callie, entitled "Callie do a drink". Nintendo claimed copyright on it, and after talking to some friends we eventually figured out that it was because my cat shares a name with a Splatoon character.

Now imagine Hanna-Barbera doing that for every upload.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Power Riders Hot Wheelers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Horsepower Rangers

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I'm actually finally knuckling down and watching through all the Sentai sets I've been buying for a couple years now...just got to Kou's introduction in Dairanger. What the gently caress were they thinking, introducing the 6th ranger as a kleptomaniac kid who gets his jollies from sexual assualt?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Lizard Wizard posted:

Fun fact: at one point I uploaded a video of my cat, Callie, entitled "Callie do a drink". Nintendo claimed copyright on it, and after talking to some friends we eventually figured out that it was because my cat shares a name with a Splatoon character.

Now imagine Hanna-Barbera doing that for every upload.

Lol that YouTube will now copystrike you for using a name in your title

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

Lol that YouTube will now copystrike you for using a name in your title

Claim.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

jivjov posted:

So I'm actually finally knuckling down and watching through all the Sentai sets I've been buying for a couple years now...just got to Kou's introduction in Dairanger. What the gently caress were they thinking, introducing the 6th ranger as a kleptomaniac kid who gets his jollies from sexual assualt?

Which ones do you have?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

drrockso20 posted:

Which ones do you have?

I've got all of them, I watched through all of Zyuranger really quickly, but then just kinda...stopped

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Power Rangers CARRRRRRRRRRANGERS

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh wait

Power Range Rovers

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah it's probably gonna be Car Wars.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I hope in Space is Power Rangers The Next Generation
and Lost Galaxy is Power Rangers Deep Space 9
and Lightspeed Rescue is Power Rangers Seaquest

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

jivjov posted:

Yeah...Kou is definitely a thing. Did you get to the episode where Rin has to apologize to him?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Tomato, tomato. A pisspoor algorithm saw a word that's used by (insert company here) and decided it owned your property.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wild Force - Power Rangers Paw Patrol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When Japan got Dennis the Menace they were confused "This boy is not a menace at all!" said one viewer. "He painted Mr Wilson's curve which got him in trouble with the police, but he did not even use this distraction to steal his valuables. "

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Funky Valentine posted:

Wild Force - Power Rangers Paw Patrol

POWER RANGERS DOT ORG

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Power Rangers Car Boys is quite a good name

I also like Power Rangers Bomb of the Week

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

If I had to see this, so do you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's called morphing for a reason