Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Holy lol I knew it was iida instantly by the hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Fabricated posted:

Holy lol I knew it was iida instantly by the hands.

Same. Characterization in this comic: Still Good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The hands are kind of a dead giveaway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that alien costume tho

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
ochako is cute

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Tsuyu
:allears:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I love this mangaka.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
But Mina is the alien fan.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MonsterEnvy posted:

But Mina is the alien fan.

Yeah but she wanted her hero name to be Ridley Hero Alien Queen, so presumably she went as Ridley not the alien.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Midnight really hosed Mina over, Alien Queen is a loving rad hero name

Jintor
May 19, 2014

spoilers are dropping and wheeeeee it's a good week

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jintor posted:

spoilers are dropping and wheeeeee it's a good week
Yep. It's all pretty obvious but it's nice to see the payoff.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
And the MS translation is out now.

Like people said, not a surprising twist exactly, but it's nice to see the payoff. Also I'm worried for the poor girl Toga's been impersonating.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

oh my god iida 'rescuing' mineta. lmao

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Mineta owns so much, :drat:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I've said it before but I can't stress enough how much I love Horikoshi's art. Everything from the little scenes where the characters are reading their scores to the big dramatic reveals are so crisp and stylish. It's so good.

I really think my favorite parts of this manga are when it's just the class pallin' around.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm not against Bakugou failing here (And to be honest it was the type of test I felt he had no chance passing considering the way he acts and approaches heroics) but if he was to fail I wish we got to see more of what he was doing during the exam. Like, all aspects of being a hero other than beating people up and being confident, are things he needs to work on. But I wish we got to see more of Bakugou fail and struggle like we did with Todoroki. Kinda feels like a missed opportunity.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Roland Jones posted:

Also I'm worried for the poor girl Toga's been impersonating.

:same: :ohdear:

That scene legit gave me chills.

But then I came here to post these

and felt better. :3:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kinda weak to include the "you failed!" and "you're gonna pass off screen anyway" in the same chapter, but fun all around.

e:
Also RIP Dekumom soon to be kill.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 2, 2016

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ah, more combined training is coming. That means Camie is likely alive. Toga still needs her.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Re: the final page of the chapter. Whooooooooooo, poo poo :stonk:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Mikl posted:

Re: the final page of the chapter. Whooooooooooo, poo poo :stonk:

But here's the thing: the power can't be passed on unwillingly, and Deku doesn't have a natural quirk. So now it comes down to how her powers work - will she be able to replicate whatever power may be there, or will she only be able to replicate his 'natural' power. poo poo always gets hairy when you get into copy powers copying copy powers (which we can think of AFO as a super-specific version of.

E: Or maybe Tomura has something else in store, who knows.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

But here's the thing: the power can't be passed on unwillingly, and Deku doesn't have a natural quirk. So now it comes down to how her powers work - will she be able to replicate whatever power may be there, or will she only be able to replicate his 'natural' power. poo poo always gets hairy when you get into copy powers copying copy powers (which we can think of AFO as a super-specific version of.

I don't think that's the intent.

it didn't seem like toga got Camie or Uraraka's quirks and the slime thing is her transforming.

The point of getting Midoriya's blood is to impersonate him. For what purpose I dunno but it's almost certainly not to get his quirk.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Fabricated posted:

I don't think that's the intent.

The point of getting Midoriya's blood is to impersonate him. For what purpose I dunno but it's almost certainly not to get his quirk.

Yep, this. Depending on how she goes about thing, this could be "rob a bank while disguised as Izuku" bad or "murder one of Izuku's friends" bad. I don't see it heading anywhere good.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

copying his power doesn't do much good if she can't use it. he learned to use it by grinding his body into dust, she's probably gonna explode the first time she tries to use his power

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Well, that explains why Camie was so creepily infatuated with Midoriya.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This chapter is a friggin' home run.

By the way, since All Might has no powers now, if Toga manages to get her hands on his blood it would be easy for her to impersonate him.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mikl posted:

Yep, this. Depending on how she goes about thing, this could be "rob a bank while disguised as Izuku" bad or "murder one of Izuku's friends" bad. I don't see it heading anywhere good.

That's my take on it. Toga's creepy as hell on the surface but she's shown herself to be really good at impersonating people. This is probably going to involve character assassination in some form or another, which is bad news because Midoriya's a rising star and most people know of his strong association with All Might.

It would also tie into the villains' modus operandi up til now - they rarely score victories through big shows of force, but keep pulling ploys to demoralize the Hero Association while emboldening more unsavory individuals to come over to the villains' side.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My dumb theory: The cat fight between Uraraka and Toga over Midoriya is so obvious it absolutely has to happen.

Instead of using the blood to do something sensible and evil like assassinate All Might or kill Inko or just get within shanking distance of Midoriya and go for it she's going to drive a wedge between them. Toga will infiltrate UA, turn into Midoriya, get the chance to reject Uraraka as him and take it. She'll make her move to get Midoriya as Uraraka, then the real Uraraka will show up and save the day because she loves him enough to see through Toga.

I'd almost put money on it. There's too much emphasis on the romantic tension on Uraraka's side not to have Toga get in the middle actively.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 2, 2016

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabricated posted:

My dumb theory: The cat fight between Uraraka and Toga over Midoriya is so obvious it absolutely has to happen.

Instead of using the blood to do something sensible and evil like assassinate All Might or kill Inko or just get within shanking distance of Midoriya and go for it she's going to drive a wedge between them. Toga will infiltrate UA, turn into Midoriya, get the chance to reject Uraraka as him and take it. She'll make her move to get Midoriya as Uraraka, then the real Uraraka will show up and save the day because she loves him enough to see through Toga.

I'd almost put money on it. There's too much emphasis on the romantic tension on Uraraka's side not to have Toga get in the middle actively.

Hm, well, that sounds like it could be in-character, but that she's having her thing reported to Shigaraki makes me think that she has bigger plans for it; he'd flip his lid if he learned she wasted something that potentially-useful on loving around with Deku's potential romantic life. She only has a drop of his blood, so she'll probably only get one chance at becoming him, unless she permanently learns a form by tasting someone's blood or something. Which would make her desire to suck out as much as possible kind of unnecessary, tough admittedly she is evil.

We'll see, I suppose.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

And the MS translation is out now.

Like people said, not a surprising twist exactly, but it's nice to see the payoff. Also I'm worried for the poor girl Toga's been impersonating.

I wonder what the aftermath of this is going to be. If Slime girl is ok and just in captivity and subsequently released; then she'll be able to report that someone took her out of commission for the duration of the exam. Her classmates already know she was acting weird so it won't take long for the idea of a shapeshifter comes up. If she has been kidnapped or worse, disposed of, then her disappearance will also raise suspicions. This wasn't a planned infiltration so Toga might just not have thought about all this or maybe doesn't care. But I'd like to see how this particular plot twist plays out.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

She only has a drop of his blood, so she'll probably only get one chance at becoming him, unless she permanently learns a form by tasting someone's blood or something. Which would make her desire to suck out as much as possible kind of unnecessary, tough admittedly she is evil.

She likes to have spare blood because the villain club just loves her black pudding.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Predicted that Toga would surely try to assassinate someone on campus during this arc or something*

WHY WAS I RIGHT!?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Peel posted:

She likes to have spare blood because the villain club just loves her black pudding.

:stonk:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
....what did you *think* black pudding was made of?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Wherever Camie is she's not having a great time. She's either dead already or she's stuffed in a closet somewhere waiting for Toga to come back for more...and it has been 3 days.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Rereading the chapters in the woods with Toga, there are two things I realized, one

How good the foreshadowing of her powers was. I mean, the blood thing was obvious to everyone, but the whole time she's talking with Gravity and Frog she's making note of their speech habits and talking about becoming other people.

And Two:

She has Uraraka's blood as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Really love Uraraka yelling her own name out of excitement at passing.

Also:

Horikoshi can be really subtle when he wants to.