Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You know, I'm starting to think Red Mages might solely exist to waste people's money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

1/2 price pull - Rydia

Tickets - Bedile, Cyan, Bedile

Well, at least I don't really NEED any of the new characters, but one would be nice...

apple orchard of dreams
Jun 18, 2001
I got a rainbow but it was a 5 star Rakshasa. :(

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

apple orchard of dreams posted:

I got a rainbow but it was a 5 star Rakshasa. :(

I think this is the biggest troll the game offers. Worse than gold crystal shadow by far.

Daily - Cyan
Ticket#1 - Bedile

NOPE looks like I'm waiting to do more pulls until tomorrow. In other news CoD is 6*54 already... I wonder how many more Exp Vortex ADV runs it will take to get to 100.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Did 7 pulls including the daily and somehow managed not to get any of the FF3 characters :(

A 4* Garland and Zidane #2 were nice consolation prizes though

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I haven't pulled since the Agrias banner, good to get golden Galufowned again :shepspends:

Oh well, got Cloud o'D up to 6* and lv100 using the power of ~58 metal gigantaurs I had in storage from the FP and last cactuar dunes. She jumped over 100 ATK from stats and being able to throw ATK+10% and better returns on Hero Rings. Now I just gotta finish Locke's TM and get a Zidane somehow...

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

McSpankWich posted:

I wonder how many more Exp Vortex ADV runs it will take to get to 100.

The answer is a little less than 50 :negative:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

The answer is a little less than 50 :negative:

Yea, I cashed in all my energy vials and ground through it all which took me to just before level up, so I'll knock out the events, level up and grind xp some more, going to take forever though. Still only level 60 now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
21 pulls and the best I got was an Ingus. Also a 4* Locke. Yaay, waste of tickets!

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Breezed through the event dungeon bgn-pro and got the fancy hammer no one in my party seems to be able to use.

Pretty easily got to Xande on Elt using escape. Got him down to about 33% thinking he was going down pretty easily (I knew about the turn 2 meteor), then he proceeded to use time stopper and decimated everyone with chained magic, so that's cool I guess...

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Daily: Cyan
Arc
Arc #2
Cyan
4* Penelo (gently caress youuuuuu)
Refia

...annnnnd I'm done. Refia obtained, woo.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Mr. Swoon posted:

Oh god. I whaled and did an 11 pull... Got one of each FFIII character. Don't do what I did! Hope is a lie and you won't ever get this lucky!

Welp, time to Exp grind for the next decade.

too late, did it and got everything but the base 5* dude There's something deeply reliving of getting the banner done on day one that makes it worth the extra lapis cost.

HGH posted:

You know, I'm starting to think Red Mages might solely exist to waste people's money.

As someone who's favorite ff class has been Red mage since FF1, the fact they get shafted in every game saddens me. They only serve to give other mages dualcast.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Did ~7 pulls. got Incus, Arc, and another Ludmille, so I guess that's alright.

Now to spend all my energy for the next week levelling 6* CoD and 6* Demon Rain

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The best pull I've gotten from the last three, no, five banners, has been a gold. White Witch Fina. Game is checking if you've ever spent any real money on it, seeing a guy draw 5 and get two Refia I'm sure of it.

(Ingus x2, Arc x1, I can go all mage nuker now so that's okay. Three Kefka, Tellah, Arc.)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 4, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Shingouryu posted:

Breezed through the event dungeon bgn-pro and got the fancy hammer no one in my party seems to be able to use.

Pretty easily got to Xande on Elt using escape. Got him down to about 33% thinking he was going down pretty easily (I knew about the turn 2 meteor), then he proceeded to use time stopper and decimated everyone with chained magic, so that's cool I guess...

Yep, Xande just destroyed me. I forgot to dispel his buffs so he was doing about 2k damage per attack to my party and that didn't work out so well.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Welp, did 3 pulls this morning and got Agrias, Maria, and Arc. I'm happy to get Arc, since my best mage is a low level Kefka. It's just too bad mages seem like such a pain to keep equipped; the best rod I have is a Lilith Rod and the 28 MAG from the elemental rods feels like a wet fart in comparison. Still going to do half price pulls the rest of the banner hoping for Refia and Luneth.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Sooo, ELT fight. Bring Kefka and escape the randoms, but before you do that make sure to use everyone's auto attacks. This way you get to Xande with all your limit breaks full. Especially Cecil's if you have him.

First round he does a mass deshell that drops your spirit. Heal whatever damage he did this round PRONTO, because next round is space rocks and even with my Lightning and Dana's, I could not 2-round this guy. There will be space rocks. I think Ramza singing counteracted this to a degree, because they only did around 2500 damage to everyone (Kefka ate the dust here but he was the only one.)

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

HGH posted:

Eh. Lumidle exists solely as a TMR farm for Dualcast, so we can be thankful for that.

Half-price: Gilbert. Eh, that harp TMR looks decent enough. 76 Atk, 41 Mag and 40% chance to sleep.

Also, a nice little touch to the event. Five treasure chests in the middle of the BGN map holding equipment that unlocks as you clear the maps. Also, Mythril/Golden equipment for the younglings.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Yeah My Dracu lasswell and some other person's lightning (I didnt look whose it was, sorry) couldn't 2 round him either, wiki isn't clear if man eater does anything to xande if that would make it easier.
Dracu lasswell can however, combined with another unit using full break and lenna's cheer, one round the yellow dragons with barrage thanks to dragon killer :getin:

Still managed a lucky break, and can go enjoy a few weeks of doing nothing but grinding trust.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Daily: Russell

Ticket: Luna

Yea... I'm going to just wait til the last day of the banner.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
First pull! Not bad :D

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Half price pull, gold crystal!
...4* vivi

Did a ticket pull:

3* vivi.

...yeah gently caress you too game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

half price daily and nine tickets got me two Refia, no other banner characters, and a Chizuru

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
BTW, what do the Dragons drop? I only ever killed one (a green one) and it dropped green megacite. Do they just drop crystals? If so that's kind of odd since the crystal chamber is also open right now. Not sure it's worth doing that Xande fight again, since farming Dragons would mean I'd have to pop ethers and/or tents to be sure I could 3-round him before he pulls that time stop bullshit.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
By the looks of it, the dragons only drop megacite. I guess it's good if your espers didn't hit 40 from the FFT event

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

According to the Crystal Tower info it's magicite (lol) or a repeatable source for 6* awakening mats.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

No, the red dragon drops 6* awakening materials, but it only dropped two and it was a real piece of poo poo to fight. It enrages off of skill use so uhhhh, have fun. Even with Shmturs 589 attack Lightning that red dragon probably took four rounds to kill.

Of course my newly 6* CoD is only 37 or so and that drops my damage some, but I managed to beat the elite dungeon and still had trouble with the red dragon.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Fenrir posted:

BTW, what do the Dragons drop? I only ever killed one (a green one) and it dropped green megacite. Do they just drop crystals? If so that's kind of odd since the crystal chamber is also open right now. Not sure it's worth doing that Xande fight again, since farming Dragons would mean I'd have to pop ethers and/or tents to be sure I could 3-round him before he pulls that time stop bullshit.

According to the wiki, they can drop elixers, magicite, or 6🌟 awakening materials, all the ones I killed dropped green magicite.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dragons drop megacite the color of the dragon. It's not too bad coming home with 8 yellow megacite from an exploration.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Daily and 5 tix - 2 Arc, Ingus, Miyuki, 4* Shantotto, 4* Lani

Not bad for a f2p player. Sakurafubuki, 2 Omnirods, and another MAG +30% once I grind them up

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Took CoD straight to 100 with Gigantaurs from king mog. Sitting at just over 400 attack using the lunar pestle and Ifrit, dropped down around 366 when putting on Diablos for maneater.

If Xande's issue is meteor, can't you use Celes to nullify that threat? Might just bring her and use Runic every round while CoD and others nuke away and Cecil does his Curaja thing.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

The green one dropped green megacite x4 and the red one dropped prismatic horn x2. I managed to down elt first try but the only one alive was Kain who was up in the air while he killed off Lenna and friend Lightning (the rest had died to Meteor the turn before)

Kain was still at full health though, looking around at all the dead uber units around him like "whoa, what happened here while I was gone!?"

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Daily plus an 11 pull got me 3 Refias, Luneth, Ingus and 3 Arcs. Pretty happy since I must've pulled hundreds of times since I started playing and this was my first rainbow. Leveling him is going to be a pain though. At least I got a great success on those free gigantuars.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
:sigh: I loving hate this game. 11-pull. No new units.

4* Sabin
4* Arteimos
3* Sabin
3* Clyne
3* Fran
3* Bedile
3* Gaulf
3* Penello
3* Kain
3* Luna
3* Medius

Then 11 tickets later

3* Cyan
3* Cyan
3* Rydia
3* Ignus
4* Luna
3* Krile
4* Luna
3* Ignus
ANOTHER loving 3* CYAN
3* Vivi
3* Shantotto

I'm done. I'm loving done. They've obviously rigged this banner. Just imagine how loving Orlandu's gonna be like. I'm just gonna delete this loving app and leave it to die. This game is loving rigged.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
5* ingus :confuoot:

7 pulls, 3 ingus and 2 anzelm, red mage party

Moonshine Rhyme fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 4, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

these two posts back to back was really good

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

these two posts back to back was really good

Ffbe in a nutshell.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I'm having a tough time figuring out this game. My units seem only "okay" which is fine for a gatcha game, but I don't understand how I'm meant to progress without one of the amazing Lightnings that people have as my units seem to do poo poo all for damage.

My main units are Warrior of Light, Exdeath, Lenna, Tellah, and Agrias. I also have Locke, Leo, Charlotte, Shantotto, a couple Edgars, four (4!) Rydias that I should probably fuse for TM, a million Shantottos, Terra, two Golbez, and two Mustadio, oh and a Gaffgarion.

I also just rolled Ingus and Arc.

I'm on the third island right now and I'm just not sure what I should be doing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you don't really need a lightning to do most content, and your primary team there is fine to clear the story content. i am guessing you're either missing out on good gear and or your units aren't max leveled if you're having trouble with that stuff.

if you're talking about stuff like finishing the hardest fight in events, yeah you probably do need an elite friend if you don't have anything super strong yourself. i get by with a kefka/cod/agrias/lenna/cecil team that doesn't really have anything special but do have some pretty strong friends to help me clear the really tough stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

14 tickets and a half-price daily got me 3 Arcs and a Tellah and nothing else of use.

• Locked thread