Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Not like there is much else going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I mean, if their shitfit is gonna make them a killmail eventually, why should anyone but us have it? :sun:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I mean, if their shitfit is gonna make them a killmail eventually, why should anyone but us have it? :sun:

I just want to say, this is FA level leadership right fuckin' there. rofl

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
killmails won't load at work. just how bad were they fit anyway?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

Wait, really? Did FA mercilessly slaughter their own miners for being shitfit despite being told repeatedly otherwise? If so they were more metal than I thought.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

ZombieLenin posted:

They do not have any excuse. They have been warned for weeks on Jabber, the forums, and Alliance and Imperium channels. Not to mention these are not the first people to get blapped for policy violations.

What the hell is a 'proper' rorqual fit these days, anyway? I took a look and they seem fine.. as one who hasn't really played the game in years (heh).

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Ambaire posted:

What the hell is a 'proper' rorqual fit these days, anyway? I took a look and they seem fine.. as one who hasn't really played the game in years (heh).

The answer is 'fit a proper tank'

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

One cap shield booster should be fine right guys?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Wait, really? Did FA mercilessly slaughter their own miners for being shitfit despite being told repeatedly otherwise? If so they were more metal than I thought.

More like, "FA leadership would often insist that some ships had to be fitted a specific way and no other" which was/is and will always be really pathetic.
Outside of strat ops, let people be fit the way they want to. If they lose their precious ships because they were idiots, it's on them. Do the proper thing and laugh at them, but blowing them up preemptively is really lame. Not if 'You weren't fitted right" is the only reason.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

More like, "FA leadership would often insist that some ships had to be fitted a specific way and no other" which was/is and will always be really pathetic.
Outside of strat ops, let people be fit the way they want to. If they lose their precious ships because they were idiots, it's on them. Do the proper thing and laugh at them, but blowing them up preemptively is really lame. Not if 'You weren't fitted right" is the only reason.

lol, nah I think we're fine without your input.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CainFortea posted:

lol, nah I think we're fine without your input.

Its ok, you've always been pretty lame and pathetic so i expect nothing less from you. I just never expected the coalition to fall to your level of dumbass.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
In an Age of Chaos the people need a steady hand and confidence in the State to protect and provide for them. In response to the Age of Chaos, we introduced the Era of Order.

Sorry you don't want to be supported by yr coalition, but we take care of our people.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Sometimes that means blowing them up and booting them out. It's a tragedy, nobody wants to see it, but if it saves the ships of innocents, well, it's our responsibility to make those hard choices.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Dalael posted:

:laffo:

CCP has made rescuing people harder, so in order for us to have an actual shot at saving people getting dropped on, the ships have to be fitted to a certain standard. Since goons (and allies, lets not forget those) are space lawyers at heart, the only way to realistically do this is to say "use this fit, or better - or else".

FA demanding ships be fit this or that way was dumb because there was no real reason for it. We actually have a good reason, and it loving works. So feel free to hold whatever opinions you want, I'll keep shooting idiots who break the rules until we run out of idiots. Which is to say never :sun:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Did you at least managed to get those guys on comms after you blew them up so that you could record them bitching and crying?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Always shoot blues

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Some get on comms crying about being tackled by blues, which is 100% hilarious. Some just die queitly.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Well, if they can't even get on comms to ask for you guys to stop, its no real loss i guess

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

Its ok, you've always been pretty lame and pathetic so i expect nothing less from you. I just never expected the coalition to fall to your level of dumbass.

The fact that you assume you know better than everyone else suggests you've got the wrong dumbass.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

CainFortea posted:

The fact that you assume you know better than everyone else suggests you've got the wrong dumbass.

:drat:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CainFortea posted:

I'm not sure where you got the whole "you think you know better" so I'm gonna stick to my guns here and still consider you to be the most dumbass of us both. It's almost as if you can read words, but you can't quite understand what they mean and therefore you must assign a completely different meaning to them. Some people call it strawmanning.

*edit; And before you reply, we share many threads in common. You do this to everyone all the time, so kindly cancel your reply cuz much like your mom having birthed you: You're :wrong:.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 16, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dalael posted:

I'm not sure where you got the whole "you think you know better" so I'm gonna stick to my guns here and still consider you to be the most dumbass of us both. It's almost as if you can read words, but you can't quite understand what they mean and therefore you must assign a completely different meaning to them. Some people call it strawmanning.

*edit; And before you reply, we share many threads in common. You do this to everyone all the time, so kindly cancel your reply cuz much like your mom having birthed you: You're :wrong:.

zzzzzz

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

Dalael posted:

I'm not sure where you got the whole "you think you know better"

Keep movin those goalposts! Put your back into it.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Wibla posted:

:laffo:

CCP has made rescuing people harder, so in order for us to have an actual shot at saving people getting dropped on, the ships have to be fitted to a certain standard. Since goons (and allies, lets not forget those) are space lawyers at heart, the only way to realistically do this is to say "use this fit, or better - or else".

FA demanding ships be fit this or that way was dumb because there was no real reason for it. We actually have a good reason, and it loving works. So feel free to hold whatever opinions you want, I'll keep shooting idiots who break the rules until we run out of idiots. Which is to say never :sun:

in order for me to save you, first i must kill you

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

chupacabraTERROR posted:

in order for me to save you, first i must kill you

This is the essence of living in null sec, yes.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CainFortea posted:

Keep movin those goalposts! Put your back into it.

See that first thing you quoted? That's a comparison.

You know, when you look at a thing, then look at another thing and then make observations based on what you saw?

Stay dumb friend, it suits you.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dalael posted:

killmails won't load at work. just how bad were they fit anyway?

The idea is that every rorq is a bait rorq with at least 1.5 million EHP. You can modify the fit to have more tank, but not less tank. I just got my first rorq and it's not an onerous requirement.

In practice it means you need a tank with:
    EM Ward Field II
    Capital Shield Booster I
    Shield Boost Amplifier II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Plus the cap and fitting stuff to actually run the tank, obviously. It's easy.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

The idea is that every rorq is a bait rorq with at least 1.5 million EHP. You can modify the fit to have more tank, but not less tank. I just got my first rorq and it's not an onerous requirement.

In practice it means you need a tank with:
    EM Ward Field II
    Capital Shield Booster I
    Shield Boost Amplifier II

Plus the cap and fitting stuff to actually run the tank, obviously. It's easy.

Oh I have no doubt. Back when I played there was this awesome fit someone posted (Not sure if it's still good) which was great and definitely saved my rear end long enough for Theta to murder my attackers. Believe me I'm not trashing the fit.. I'm just laughing at the "Do this or we'll kill you ourselves" attitude.

That being said, I'm glad it's giving Wibla much needed blues to shoot at.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Dalael posted:

You must have forgotten the old rule that if you can't burn someone in one sentence, don't.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

dragonshardz posted:

You must have forgotten the old rule that if you can't burn someone in one sentence, don't.

That rule only applies to good posters tho. Bad posters like me should just refrain from posting, but that goes against my nature.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I've been playing other games including starsector, and I don't feel like I've missed anything in eve online.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
I've been binging on Prey which is currently $10 on humble bundle's store with the DLC.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

SugarAddict posted:

I've been playing other games including starsector, and I don't feel like I've missed anything in eve online.

I recently started thinking about this horrible game again for some reason, and then I remembered the unbridled excitement I felt the last time I played this. I just made a recording to recreate that moment:

Good times. Which reminds me -- have all POSes been removed by now?

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Hollow Talk posted:

I recently started thinking about this horrible game again for some reason, and then I remembered the unbridled excitement I felt the last time I played this. I just made a recording to recreate that moment:

Good times. Which reminds me -- have all POSes been removed by now?

no. and by god they should go back to pos timers. citadels are cancer to fight on grid with.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
i managed to reactivate a super old account and GROON has POS and stations all over syndicate. the stations are nice because hey free docking spots but i wish i'd have snuck under the wire with anchoring roles because the POS are useless and as far as i can tell no GROON director has logged in for literally years

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

lol if you posted:

i managed to reactivate a super old account and GROON has POS and stations all over syndicate. the stations are nice because hey free docking spots but i wish i'd have snuck under the wire with anchoring roles because the POS are useless and as far as i can tell no GROON director has logged in for literally years

So who is paying the bills and keeping the poses fueled?

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

ZombieLenin posted:

So who is paying the bills and keeping the poses fueled?

they aren't fueled as far as i can tell. no modules are running and they don't have shields up. but they still show as needing to be unanchored in the right-click menu when i went around trying to collect a few in a hauler

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Sounds like you have some blue killmails to go collect.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
i somehow managed to get myself unbanned, are there any of the old guard kicking around playing this hell game or what

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Furnok Dorn posted:

i somehow managed to get myself unbanned, are there any of the old guard kicking around playing this hell game or what

Not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Furnok Dorn got freed in time for it to not matter anymore.