Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

So many OSHA violations in this Dwarven underground city

Clearly the orcs removed the railings

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

3 DONG HORSE posted:

https://shop.wizkids.com/products/dungeons-dragons-honor-among-thieves-themberchaud-13-plush-by-kidrobot

I love plushies and I've been eyeballing this one ever since seeing the D&D movie but it's never on sale!!!!!!!!

I'm also into plushies, which is why I was really happy I was able to grab one of these: https://www.masterreplicas.com/en-us/products/star-trek-lower-desks-moopsy-plush-10inch

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Last night I rented a car and started driving to Banff, to go aurora hunting. After a while of driving, I decided that I had missed it, so I turned around and went home. In the morning, I found out that it was visible in Calgary after all, after I had gone to bed.

I also found out there's a chance of seeing it again tonight. I extended my rental and am now in Lake Louise. The pub closes in a few minutes, then I'll head out to look for it. I'm thinking Morant's Curve, although that faces more west/southwest than north. Maybe I can sit in the parking lot of the ski resort or the Fairmont.

I don't have bear spray.

My wife drove for an hour or so out of Chicago and she told me she got to see them. I think she went up near McHenry county. Wish I could’ve gone, but someone had to stay with the kid.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I've been back from Portugal for two weeks now and my internal clock still insists I get up at like 4 AM every day no matter what time I go to bed. When will the torment end

At least I've been able to spend my morning making bread and poo poo

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I suffer worse jet lag when coming back to LA from the Midwest than I do coming back from Europe, but for me the worst part about either version is being hungry at the dumbest times of day - starving to death at 9am? Perfect.

a sexual elk posted:

poo poo that woulda been sweet haha, after last weekends storm we rescheduled the kids BD party to today so I’ll be up the mountain. Really appreciate it tho bud

And thanks for a good night of BSin night crew, my dumbass forgot to eat before I started drinking haha

All good man, I found someone who could use them. It's rare that I have access to spare tickets (to desirable events, that I can transfer out of my name) and figured if anyone wanted to see a sweaty shirtless bear roaming the stage doing jokes, you were towards the top of the list.

There's 5 episodes of a John Mulaney chat show of sorts in conjunction with the Netflix is a Joke fest (he interviews various comedians who are in town for it) and I've only seen the first two episodes, but he does some pretty funny bits on Los Angeles in the opening monologues in both of the episodes I've watched that LA people might appreciate.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Happy Mother's Day to any moms hanging out in here.

I've got big plans to Get The Kids Out Of The House today so that my wife gets an actual weekend day to herself.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Happy Mother's Day Y'all! Give all the moms in your life a hug today.

Even you, Colonel.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Happy Mother's Day, goons.

Apparently Roger Corman died a couple days ago. My lasting impression of him was finding a bootleg VHS copy of his Fantastic Four movie at Megacon in Orlando around 1997. Thanks to the internet you can now watch the entire movie here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN0FoR_FlZg

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
"Isn't every day Mother's Day?" is what I usually say to my mom. I didn't ask to be born!!

(she knows I'm joking and I always send her a huge bunch of flowers or take her for dinner if I'm in town)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Intruder posted:

I've been back from Portugal for two weeks now and my internal clock still insists I get up at like 4 AM every day no matter what time I go to bed. When will the torment end

reminder that flying from Tokyo to the West Coast, you arrive before you left. The NRT-PDX route used to be a 4 pm departure that then arrived 8 am the same day. Time travel!

this is why I never wanted to drive right away when I would fly home, can't trust myself in that situation.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Even flying west will get you most of the way to time travel. Leave Heathrow at 2pm, land at LAX 3pm. Endless life span hack??

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That Clark guy may have been onto something…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjgsnWtBQm0

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Happy Mother's Day!!!! I hope every mommas have a good day today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DeIqJm4vM

:downsrim:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

How was Portugal?

Got any pics?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xT0vWporWs

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Karl Urban loving rules in everything.

100% agree wholeheartedly. An absolutely perfect post.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Imgur posting got fixed so now you have to look at my puppy and cats again.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Black Sunshine posted:

Since it's poo poo posting time, finally getting married next weekend and holy poo poo is it a real pain in the rear end organizing everything. Even if we had dumb money to throw at a wedding I wouldn't do it because I think it's a ridiculous waste so we're handling a lot of things ourselves but it's still going to cost between 4-5k when all is said and done. The money isn't a big deal compared to all the headaches involved but it just blows my mind that apparently the average wedding cost is around $30,000. I'd rather have a 10 minute ceremony at the Las Vegas drive thru chapel or a courthouse ceremony than blow that much money on a single day.

I just want it to be done so life can resume its normally scheduled programming!

I learned my lesson from my first wedding. We're doing it real small on September 28; we're getting married in a gazebo in Bellevue, Iowa, on the banks of the Mississippi River, my best friend is officiating, and the only guests will be my fiancée's kids, one of her friends, and three of my friends. And then we're going to take everyone out to dinner afterwards. Our "honeymoon" is going to be at a cabin on a lakefront in Wisconsin.

Congratulations. Enjoy the day!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How was Portugal?

Got any pics?

most of them have family members or wedding guests in them so I shant be posting them. I was there for my sister's wedding

https://twitter.com/francisxwolf/status/1789441687523053593

Someone should study the brains of Elon worshippers

e: oh I didn't actually answer the question. portugal was beautiful and the food was great but the constant changes in elevation were rough on me, a guy who lives in a very flat place at sea level

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 12, 2024

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Intruder posted:

most of them have family members or wedding guests in them so I shant be posting them. I was there for my sister's wedding

https://twitter.com/francisxwolf/status/1789441687523053593

Someone should study the brains of Elon worshippers

Opening up their fetid skulls might release whatever pathogen is infecting them, no thanks

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Goddamn I love Portugal. The Man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't how many of you check out the Schadenfreude thread, but this was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-8GcLVuXKA

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Air Skwirl posted:

I don't how many of you check out the Schadenfreude thread, but this was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-8GcLVuXKA

lol holy poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

Goddamn I love Portugal. The Man.

a man a plan a canal. portugal

wait

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If you referred three friends to purchase a Tesla, you got enough points for that hammer. It was advertised as like “only 800 made!” and was there for a month or two. Then they ended the referral program. Guessing the disclaimer of “don’t use this for anything except exercise” didn’t help.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

No Butt Stuff posted:

If you referred three friends to purchase a Tesla, you got enough points for that hammer. It was advertised as like “only 800 made!” and was there for a month or two. Then they ended the referral program. Guessing the disclaimer of “don’t use this for anything except exercise” didn’t help.

So in addition to everything else terrible about Tesla it's a loving pyramid scheme?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Me, administering the Voight-Kampff test for Elon fanhood, then marching his sycophants into the sea at bayonet point.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

LeeMajors posted:

Me, administering the Voight-Kampff test for Elon fanhood, then marching his sycophants into the sea at bayonet point.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Model 3’s on fire off the shoulder of the highway... I watched Cybertrucks glitter in the sun near the dealership lots. All those moments will be lost in time, like wind through panel gaps... Time to die.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Musk simps are so loving weird man. Why are you paying thousands of dollars for a god drat hammer ?????

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Musk simps are so loving weird man. Why are you paying thousands of dollars for a god drat hammer ?????

Um wouldn't you want the power of Thor?? I'm assuming it works that way except you die of electrocution

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thaddius the Large posted:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Model 3’s on fire off the shoulder of the highway... I watched Cybertrucks glitter in the sun near the dealership lots. All those moments will be lost in time, like wind through panel gaps... Time to die.

*single tear*

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
NGL there is a price point and design specification for which I would purchase something called a "Cyber hammer". Like how big is this thing, is it a cool-looking sledgehammer or...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

*single tear*

Now I'm thinking of the Native American guy from those littering ads except the trash is composed of Teslas everywhere, abandoned and exploded all over the highway.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Trying to make a Magic card for this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4060092

The problem is forums search is failing me - is the original artisanl burrito interaction lost to time or am I bad at interneting??

Also the fact that it was at least 7+ years ago is insane and makes me feel old

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

C-Euro posted:

NGL there is a price point and design specification for which I would purchase something called a "Cyber hammer". Like how big is this thing, is it a cool-looking sledgehammer or...

And I will call it Mew Mew

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1789491497127006255

Love to have all of my brand tied to a singular dipshit who keeps ruining said brand.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1789491497127006255

Love to have all of my brand tied to a singular dipshit who keeps ruining said brand.

LeeMajors posted:

*single tear*

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
A genuine looooooool out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Trying to make a Magic card for this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4060092

The problem is forums search is failing me - is the original artisanl burrito interaction lost to time or am I bad at interneting??

Also the fact that it was at least 7+ years ago is insane and makes me feel old

I did some digging and found it in the 2017 chat thread. Here's the post where Athanatos stated his next must post have a burrito or he gets banned:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806443&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=177#post471659973

What made it tricky was he requested an "artisan burrito", so searching 'artisanal', as we all refer to it, wouldn't bring up that post.

If you go back through a man and his dog's posts in that thread, of which there are many, it started because he posted his lunch several different times. Here's the first of those posts:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3806443&pagenumber=133&perpage=40#post471332313

There's 40+ pages of stuff between the two, with RG3 posting food a few more times in between, so I'm not sure where the goon demands for better quality burritos start, since RG3 rarely quoted who he was replying to, but that should narrow it down if you want to find that.

EDIT:

pretty sure this was the post that started it all

A Man and his dog posted:

Look, I was just chilling eating my artisan burrito and was attacked.

Jesus Christ I'm trying to enjoy lunch.

but stupidity with RG3 had been going on for a while/across other threads (And discord, since people were jumping in from there).

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 13, 2024