Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

The_Doctor posted:

Half man, half jorts.

John Cena scalps transformers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

strangehamster posted:

Dehumanize your self and fight those scalperS

All I can imagine is two identical comic book guys off the Simpsons with different coloured T-shirts and fedoras on arguing over Windblades to some hapless employee that just wants shut of them.

"Now I am the King of ebay, for I have all the Windblades"

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Magic posted:

John Cena scalps transformers?

I was thinking Kevin Smith

e: or Kevin Smith vs John Cena. Smith gets it after he promises Cena a role in one of his lovely movies, which doesn't sound like much until you consider that Cena can only go up from Fred: The Movie

catch22 fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 5, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I don't think I've ever heard someone say "saw the leftovers of this popular case of toys, probably another collector got it."

It's always a scalper! Always their fault. People give scalpels far too much credit.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

therealjon_ posted:

It's always a scalper!
It is funny when you read sightings forums because there will be like 3-4 posts between one guy going 'yeah so I bought three jetfires, one to sell later, one to open and one to put in my mint in box closet' and then some other guy going drat SCALPERS, WILL YOU INHUMAN MONSTERS NEVER BE SATISFIED!

On that note Jetfire is $30 at Canadian wal-marts this week, or last week, or something.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I would love it if Windblade was like 4 to a case. Just glut the stores with her.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Generations Jetfire down to $42.74 on Amazon Prime

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

I don't think I've ever heard someone say "saw the leftovers of this popular case of toys, probably another collector got it."

It's always a scalper! Always their fault. People give scalpels far too much credit.

The 10 or so of Jihaxuses, Crosscuts, and Nigthbeats were untouched until I took one of them.

They're two per case for them right?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Does group buying count as scalping? Life in the outer rim is tough so I and friends always end up pooling our resources from outside

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Is it really scalping when you order online? Seems like everyone pretty much has a fair shot at things.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I guess you're right.
Still, customs didn't see it that way and still charged us a premium for "mass importing" (it was a cool $170 this time).

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I finally found some of the new deluxes, you guys weren't kidding about Jhiaxus' orange. I've seen calmer colored Nerf toys. It's also worth noting for anyone who's on the fence about him he's mis-transformed in the package, that huge gap in his chest is supposed to be filled with his nosecone.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So just getting caught up with things after dealing with some personal stuff and, uh... is there anywhere offering MP Saber pre-orders for less than 170? My usual shop sold out surprisingly quickly.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

404GoonNotFound posted:

So just getting caught up with things after dealing with some personal stuff and, uh... is there anywhere offering MP Saber pre-orders for less than 170? My usual shop sold out surprisingly quickly.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures-transformers/9084-transformers-masterpiece-mp24-star-saber.html
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-007801

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Does amiami require preorders to be paid instantly, or do they charge when items are in stock?

\/ aaaaand preordered.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 6, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They charge when in stock.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

therealjon_ posted:

They charge when in stock.

I'll have some beer MORE ROBOTS money that month now. Thanks!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I've been working on Nightbeat:

I've lost all perspective. Are the changes so far good? Too far in the direction of trying to add G1 touches? Any ideas for additional improvements? I already plan on painting his "toes" and some of the details on the hips.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
The yellow on the chest needs to be broken up. I'd suggest some thin blue vertical lines againt the edges of the center section.

Also, AoE Hound is a drat good toy.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I've lost all perspective. Are the changes so far good? Too far in the direction of trying to add G1 touches? Any ideas for additional improvements? I already plan on painting his "toes" and some of the details on the hips.

Yes, the changes are good. I'm holding out for someone to make a replacement chest for him.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's looking pretty cool, WCR.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yes, the changes are good. I'm holding out for someone to make a replacement chest for him.

You can get a Bumblebee and just slap his chest on Nightbeat (why does that sound so dirty) and rub the black stripes off with alcohol if you feel like it.

At the prices 3p addon kits go it'll probably be even cheaper.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

It's looking pretty cool, WCR.

You can get a Bumblebee and just slap his chest on Nightbeat (why does that sound so dirty) and rub the black stripes off with alcohol if you feel like it.

At the prices 3p addon kits go it'll probably be even cheaper.

I mean like... an actual different chest piece. There's one on shapeways that looks good and comes off his comic model, but I don't really like the texture of 3D-printed stuff.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/2521259/gen-nightbeat-upgrade-kit-2-g1-chestplate.html

If I just wanted it yellow, I'd just paint it... which I might actually do, given that Nefund has given me the idea just now.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

An Angry Bug posted:

The yellow on the chest needs to be broken up. I'd suggest some thin blue vertical lines againt the edges of the center section.

I really wanted to but I couldn't find a good blue paint match and don't trust myself to paint them straight enough. I'm praying whatever Reprolabels puts out will solve my issues.

Yeah I thought about ordering this but it looks like Nightbeat's first training bra or something.

Gammatron 64 posted:

If I just wanted it yellow, I'd just paint it... which I might actually do, given that Nefund has given me the idea just now.

Man if you find a way to paint yellow onto a toy that covers an area as wide as his chest and doesn't look like poo poo please post a tutorial.

And thanks Blackheart.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So is brainstorm the final voyager for the year? Or are there going to be more guys coming out until Combiner Wars?

Also they messed up the numbering system to Legends. Gears and Acid Storm have an 11 number gap between them and Nemesis prime and Cliffjumper. Did stuff get canceled?

Because we've yet to see Brawn/outback and the Megatron repaint.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm hoping that USPS doesn't track stuff in Canada and when they're showing WJ being stuck in Customs, it's already made it through and is on a truck to my house. That can happen, right? Right?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

It's looking really good. Just needs some shading or the like to break up those big mono colored chunks like the chest. Do post any updates on him.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Definitely an improvement.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Phy posted:

I'm hoping that USPS doesn't track stuff in Canada and when they're showing WJ being stuck in Customs, it's already made it through and is on a truck to my house. That can happen, right? Right?
Put the USPS tracking code into the CanPost tracker and it should show you what the what is. It did it for me for the package hamster just sent me.

(And yes, it can, though it didn't do that for me this time)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

Put the USPS tracking code into the CanPost tracker and it should show you what the what is. It did it for me for the package hamster just sent me.

It's waiting at your semi-local post office right now, The tracking is coming from inside the province!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So looking at those stores, does anyone know how much AmiAmi would usually charge for shipping on those? They tend to refuse estimates on pre-orders and I just noticed that TFsource's 170 price puts it in contention for Free Shipping. so... drat, this just got tricky. loving hell, pre-orders closed at AmiAmi.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 7, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The dinosaur half of my pretenders Grimlock showed up today and I guess I wasn't paying attention to the auction, as he lacks a tail. Bummer.

Also RiD Grimlock because I am poo poo and addicted to plastic. RiD Grimlock sucks.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I really wanted to but I couldn't find a good blue paint match and don't trust myself to paint them straight enough. I'm praying whatever Reprolabels puts out will solve my issues.

Yeah I thought about ordering this but it looks like Nightbeat's first training bra or something.

Man if you find a way to paint yellow onto a toy that covers an area as wide as his chest and doesn't look like poo poo please post a tutorial.

And thanks Blackheart.

I dunno, use primer first then a bunch of coats of yellow?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Turns out this is exactly what happened and CP took over tracking. IT'S SO CLOSE WHY DO i HAVE TO BE AT WORK oh yeah to make money

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

The dinosaur half of my pretenders Grimlock showed up today and I guess I wasn't paying attention to the auction, as he lacks a tail. Bummer.

I've just discovered this is because the dude I bought it from on eBay parted out the entire pretenders figure so gun, shell, helmet, dino, tail.

Now I'm kinda pissed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If he specified what you were getting in the auction, that's on you.

If not, report his rear end.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Yeah I always look to see if someone is parting out their stuff because it's a lovely practice. Some people even have gone far enough to disassemble the pins and sell those separately along with the disassembled parts. When I was completing the entire series of Beast Wars figures I usually ran across someone selling the ball jointed parts separately. On the other hand one guy did mislabel his auction and I would up getting a complete TM2 Ravage and Fox Kids tarantulas for 20 bucks after some finagling.

But with hasbro's incoming 3D printing deal, I hope they let people make replacement parts for older figures. I'm really afraid for my Beast Wars Grimlock and would love to print out some non-poo poo gold plastic parts. I've got an extra dinobot junker somewhere that I could switch out the gold parts with the clear orange ones, but it wouldn't be the same.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 7, 2014

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I'm slightly amazed that isn't a thing already. You'd think someone would look at the list of GPS sufferers on TFWiki, and Shapeways up some replacement parts.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm slightly amazed that isn't a thing already. You'd think someone would look at the list of GPS sufferers on TFWiki, and Shapeways up some replacement parts.

post movie G1 toys would probably be simple enough to shapeways the whole drat toy if they could avoid copyright problems.

They made wst dinobots, it would be far easier to remake monstructor without gps, someone make that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

If he specified what you were getting in the auction, that's on you.

If not, report his rear end.

Real generic "as pictured" description with photos that well, no, it's most certainly on me.

But I think taking Grimlock and parting out his loving tail as a separate auction is a super dick move. It's part of the goddamned bot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I just wish 3D printed stuff had smooth surfaces that looked similar to official toys versus the bumpy sandstone texture they generally have. Now I hear you can give 3D printed stuff an acetone vapor bath to smooth them out, but that's not the easiest or safest thing in the world.