Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Most any information that hasn't come from the comic itself has come from either the alt text or from the occasional fiction beneath the comic. I don't think either is necessary to understand the story. It isn't that important (beyond being interesting in it's own right).

The "thing that's going on in the comic" is the comic.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Yeah, just make sure you read the bits below each comic. Lots of great stuff down there.

Alt text is a lot less important. But the stuff below the comic is often, imo, as good or better than the comic itself. If you aren't reading that, you should!

Also https://killsixbilliondemons.com/liturgy/ of course

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
KSBD is one of two things I follow these days that I really wish I could get an annotated guide to, the other being Friends at the Table. Lots of great worldbuilding that I just can't connect the dots about too often for my liking.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Kill 6 Billion Demons has an philosophical objection to obfuscation and mystery, so, of course, the comic's full of it, but it's all useless.

If there's anything you don't understand or you see a goon babbling about some sword nonsense, just nod and think, "the world is a noisy and confusing place, and it is appropriate I don't know what's going on" while appreciating a barrista cosmic-headbutt a bug monster devil. The lore is merely a distraction from appreciating the headbutt.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Abaddon has gotten into some pretty spoiler-y territory on the comic's Tumblr. In particular he's gone into details of the back stories of some of the demiurge a who haven't been featured yet.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Is it irony if this is true in the opposite way you would expect from this term?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kestral posted:

Is there a written narrative that goes into detail on K6BD anywhere out there?

I’ve been following the comic for a couple years now, but only as a casual reader. Occasionally I’ll lurk in here to get more informed perspectives on what’s going on, and every time I see posts that are referencing lore that I had no idea about, a lot of which seems quite important. There’s the wiki, but like all wikis it’s an endless safari of disconnected data, and I learn much better through essays / articles. Has anyone gone to the trouble of writing a kind of “this is what’s going on in Kill Six Billion Demons” walkthrough, even one that's a bit dated?

A lot of the more obscure stuff comes from the ask blog, where Abbadon will offer cryptic hints or straight-up explanations for poo poo that isn't clear.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I just make poo poo up in my head. I will get abbadon to sign my enormous forehead to make my headcanon official canon.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of the ask blog, I started reading it again, and this particular entry amused me:

quote:

Can the Art of Cutting be used with an axe?

quote:

“My ignorant student once asked me if a sword was necessary to kill a man. I told her I could kill her with my fingernail if I needed to.

My student, who was a fantastic idiot, then asked me if the edge was important. I cracked her on the skull with the edge of one of my wooden sandals, which are among my only possessions.

‘Did that hurt?’ I said to her.”

- Meti ten Ryo

Edit:

quote:

Hey. Can we get some info on Devils and gender identity? Particularly, is Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire a girl? Most Blue devils have a fairly femanine form, and Princess is a feminine title, but they were once Vladok: a male. So can changing color also run the chance of changing gender identity, or are they still a man, just one with some feminine qualities? I'm asking both blogs. feel free to just answer once.

quote:

Devils are all horney agendered random chaos, we just perceive them as male or female

quote:

A question about Metatron 1. Why would YISUN need a scribe, especially something as fixed and unchanging as an angel? Xhe's a contradicting rear end in a top hat. Is it just to set up a big shiny bright lure for a Rising King to challenge and claim?

quote:

YISUN needs absolutely nothing, which is precisely why YISUN would create something rather formal and unnecessary like a scribe

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 4, 2018

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

The true horror is for those poor souls who attempted to kill Mammon after he bares his throat. They fail, but Mammon makes... encouraging noises. "Oh, why don't you rest a little and gather your energy? I'm sure you'll be able to do it then! This happens to everyone. You're under a terrible amount of stress, I know. You can kill me tomorrow, if you like."

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Oh my god.

The chain blades are a thing with the priests because swords don't work on him.

They're trying to make better tools to kill him.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Benagain posted:

Oh my god.

The chain blades are a thing with the priests because swords don't work on him.

They're trying to make better tools to kill him.

Oh poo poo

It makes so much sense now

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
"Devils are all Horny." - Abaddon.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Dead Reckoning posted:

Yuuup. And she's about to either kill Allison, or dump a ton of exposition on her.

It'll be both.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Cat Mattress posted:

You know that I am called Mammon
Because I'm a really old dragon
Sometimes I sit and count all day
Sometimes I get carried away

I count slowly, slowly, slowly getting faster
If you stop my counting, be sure I will complain
Faster, faster, it's all I live for
I could count forever, count until I'm slain

I count the old coins in the vault
I count one more failed assault
I count the bones of my brothers
Not sure their memory still lingers
AU where Mammon got introduced to cookie clicker as a kid.

true leftist
Feb 1, 2018

by zen death robot
hey mammon you know what would make you die? eating all your gold. all of it. (warning, may have unforeseen consequences)

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

true leftist posted:

hey mammon you know what would make you die? eating all your gold. all of it. (warning, may have unforeseen consequences)

resonance cascade brought forth by coin vore

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Man, I hope the sad dragon gets to live past this chapter and becomes Allison's buddy.

Though if Mottom's pattern holds out he'll end up becoming a bad dragon. :gizz:

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Archonex posted:

Though if Mottom's pattern holds out he'll end up becoming a bad dragon. :gizz:

Don't talk about my loving granddad like that

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
It feels like, ironically, the first thing to go was his ambition. The goals that made fratricide and conquest of 1/7th of the galaxy make sense, the rationalizations Mammon told himself that every monstrous act would be worth it in the end. So now all he has is the knowledge of his abominable past, with no memory of what it was all supposed to be for. No wonder he welcomes someone trying to kill him.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Down With People posted:

Don't talk about loving my granddad like that

fix’d

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

ElMaligno posted:

I just make poo poo up in my head. I will get abbadon to sign my enormous forehead to make my headcanon official canon.

A sign of true royalty, this. Just keep dreaming so hard it becomes real.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

uh oh

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick...90%7Ctwterm%5E2

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5zSVzoAdpE

"Thou must returneth whence thou came. This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind, but thou dost not belong. I beg of thee, plunge down from the plank, and hurry home."

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
someone's mad and/or horny

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Defuse the situation with hugs! Hugs for Mammon! Hugs for Cio!

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

*pomf*

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Actually pretty interested to see what all this does in regards to her quest for Royalty. Getting kicked in the teeth by the consequences of her actions is definitely going to change her, but not entirely for the better.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Allison's not on a quest for Royalty, she's on a quest to save Zaid and get her life under control. Royalty, however, is one quest for her.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Allison's gonna get the glomp of death

true leftist
Feb 1, 2018

by zen death robot
all those dicks

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Haha did you see the mod that makes every (most) normal enemy in the game a bonewheel?
https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/dark-souls-6255/someone-made-a-mod-that-replaces-almost-all-of-the-1818536/

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Somebody's in a bad mood.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I choose to believe that Cio Scrooge McDucked her way over there and just nailed a beautiful dive.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

She's horny for Alison

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Because she's covered in horns. And has huge horns.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I'll be here all night. Try the meatloaf.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
YAB IS BACK, BITCHES

GONNA WRITE HER FAN FICTION IN THE BLOOD OF HER SHIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'll be honest: I'm way more interested in the possibility of Mammon recognising Cio/Yab and how he'll react to her.