Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

therattle posted:

Does being a bitter contemptuous rear end in a top hat really make you happy, once the initial buzz of feeling superior has passed?

I mean, were you wanting to compare notes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

wyoming posted:

Stick your dick in an outlet

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

:shepface:

I'm afraid of watching that doc and hearing one of my favorite character actors named.
Wait, she wants to wait till marriage but wants to avoid religious folk?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
So much terrible poo poo in the Trumpcare package, but the lottery poo poo is real loving funny.

The American Dream is getting to that point of wealth where it's you getting all those sweet, sweet rich man's tax breaks. Hold up, you won the lottery? Better make sure we take those uppity nouveau riche poors down a peg before they start getting ideas.

ruddiger posted:

All this poo poo just sound like abracadabra to me anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoMBlywH1UI

This is shot, acted and set design'd like an FMV game.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Man gently caress off literally everything he's said since the tweets and everything before that indicates the opposite

Also you're the one who did the equivalent of a MY BLACK FRIEND about the steaming poo poo pile known as Hamilton so maybe you should stop being the arbiter of woke, rear end in a top hat

Hamilton is good

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Record setting snowstorm my bunghole.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.b09aeade0043

Stop going to lovely dealers, US.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I love how conversational the tone of that article is.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I love how conversational the tone of that article is.
WE'RE ALL ADULTS HERE

We're also extremely high right now

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hamilton is good

tim kaine in the membrane

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I feel Hamilton has become the symbol of the ineffective, disconnected American left and while that connection makes perfect sense, I also don't think it's entirely fair to take out that anger on Hamilton.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm mad at it cause it's wack.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

glam rock hamhock posted:

I feel Hamilton has become the symbol of the ineffective, disconnected American left and while that connection makes perfect sense, I also don't think it's entirely fair to take out that anger on Hamilton.

Liberals brought it on themselves

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The first time I ever heard songs from Hamilton was at a wedding where the couple thought it would be cute to pass around the aux instead of hiring a DJ. They ended up playing the soundtrack straight through for what felt like hours of high-school white dude freestyle

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
To be clear, I'm not saying you have to like Hamilton (I've never really seen anything in what I've heard of it) but I just think it gets a ton of flack for what it is symbolically rather than what it is.

Edit: Also I do just want to add that Lin-Manuel Miranda's episode of Drunk History is really, really good.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I've never actually heard a song or seen a second of the performance of Hamilton, so in my mind whenever it's brought up I just imagine it being a musical episode of Drunk History.

e:^ha

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I've saw Niall Ferguson present a miniseries called The Ascent of Money.

He's a loving twat.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Niall Ferguson is worthless.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Well, was it?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

The smoking gun

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Those are the colors of UC Berkeley. Communist confirmed.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

wyoming posted:

Sure thing. When I was younger I was a mean-spirited sneering little poo poo. In my case it arose from insecurity and a sense of inadequacy. (That's probably true in your case too, or maybe you're just an rear end in a top hat). At some point I had an epiphany and realised that it didn't make me feel better about myself, it just made me come across as an rear end in a top hat. So I tried to change, and mostly did. I'm much quicker to compliment these days than to snark and sneer, and I'm generally happier for it (as are those with whom I interact). I didn't change entirely, as you observed: the rear end in a top hat comes out every now and again. That said, the person who calls me a smug prick around here most often is probably me. Can you say the same about yourself?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Who got bin Laden weed?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Who got bin Laden weed?

*head torturer from Zero Dark Thirty voice* WHO GOT BIN LADEN WEED? WHO GOT BIN LADEN WEED?!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Bin Laden... sheesh. Tell you what, I like that fella even less than Lin-Manuel Miranda. The guy's no good

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I'm still holding out for when I raise my own strain, Josh Weedon

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The smoking gun

My entire exposure to the guy is this picture and it tells me everything I need to know

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Buying something for $10-15 on Amazon and then it not being what you expected, but you have to pay return shipping at which point it doesn't seem worth the trouble.

That is the worst.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Josh Lyman posted:

Those are the colors of UC Berkeley. Communist confirmed.

I was supposed to go to Berkeley :smith:

FishBulb posted:

My entire exposure to the guy is this picture and it tells me everything I need to know

In his defense the long hair/beard was for the role.

Also my sister's childhood friend is a cast member and he was chill as gently caress. I still have the mug he gave her from when he was in Mame.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jenny Angel posted:

Bin Laden... sheesh. Tell you what, I like that fella even less than Lin-Manuel Miranda. The guy's no good

Well I've got good news for you, then.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yeah that's the part that needs defending

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

We're still talking about Bin Laden, right?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
My only real exposures to Hamilton have been the first song, the opening of the F Plus IMDB episode, and that 10 Voting Commandments duet for a Democrat fundraiser. They all made me cringe, and the last one is possibly the worst rap I've ever listened to.

tim kaine in the brain

Lobok posted:

Well I've got good news for you, then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxVdU2eVYSg

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

Buying something for $10-15 on Amazon and then it not being what you expected, but you have to pay return shipping at which point it doesn't seem worth the trouble.

That is the worst.

I once bought a remote control for my sound bar from one random website that specializes in stuff like that and they flat out sent me the wrong one (well it was compatible but some of the buttons I needed weren't present). They said they'd exchange it but I'd have to pay return shipping and I just dropped it but I'm still kind of annoyed I didn't push it because gently caress that, they screwed up, I shouldn't have to pay extra because of that. Hell, I'm pretty sure that's not legal.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

I once bought a remote control for my sound bar from one random website that specializes in stuff like that and they flat out sent me the wrong one (well it was compatible but some of the buttons I needed weren't present). They said they'd exchange it but I'd have to pay return shipping and I just dropped it but I'm still kind of annoyed I didn't push it because gently caress that, they screwed up, I shouldn't have to pay extra because of that. Hell, I'm pretty sure that's not legal.
That's kinda what happened to me. I reordered a pair of knockoff polarized Wayfarers through the exact same product link but the new ones aren't the same size/shape as the old ones.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

I gotta be honest, everything I've ever read about bin Laden makes him seem more tolerable than Miranda.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh come on, being on Drunk History at least has to put him ahead of Bin Laden!!!

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I gotta be honest, everything I've ever read about bin Laden makes him seem more tolerable than Miranda.

Between his views on 9/11 and the fact that he stuffed LMM into a trash can, Immortal Technique agrees!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Samuel Clemens posted:

I wanna meet the guy who signed up because he watched Come and See.

This post was basically years ago, but I walked out of Come and See feeling pretty good about the Red Army. Not like, "enlist" good, but Come and See is an anti-Nazi movie more than it is an anti-war movie.

• Locked thread