Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I am full of steak, cheesey taters and glazed carrots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1789491497127006255

Love to have all of my brand tied to a singular dipshit who keeps ruining said brand.

Strong “blacks rule” energy from the professional victim class.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a sexual elk posted:

I am full of steak, cheesey taters and glazed carrots

You sound like a gourmet hot pocket.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

fartknocker posted:

I did some digging and found it in the 2017 chat thread. Here's the post where Athanatos stated his next must post have a burrito or he gets banned:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806443&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=177#post471659973

What made it tricky was he requested an "artisan burrito", so searching 'artisanal', as we all refer to it, wouldn't bring up that post.

If you go back through a man and his dog's posts in that thread, of which there are many, it started because he posted his lunch several different times. Here's the first of those posts:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3806443&pagenumber=133&perpage=40#post471332313

There's 40+ pages of stuff between the two, with RG3 posting food a few more times in between, so I'm not sure where the goon demands for better quality burritos start, since RG3 rarely quoted who he was replying to, but that should narrow it down if you want to find that.

You are the man!

I didn't consider "artisan" at all because all the references in every other thread were for "artisanal". What a great catch! I also couldn't remember his actual forums name so searching "RG3" was not helpful.

Here's the result:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

fartknocker posted:

EDIT:

pretty sure this was the post that started it all

a man and his dog posted:

Look, I was just chilling eating my artisan burrito and was attacked.

Jesus Christ I'm trying to enjoy lunch.

quote:

but stupidity with RG3 had been going on for a while/across other threads (And discord, since people were jumping in from there).

motherfucker posted lovely tacos and a lovely salad after his lovely taco was challenged

e: also I know he did way worse stuff but I didn't want to make a creepy or sad Magic card

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 13, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

Strong “blacks rule” energy from the professional victim class.

I know several people that probably would spray paint "gently caress you" on a cyber truck if they saw one in the wild while on their way to do graffiti art, and they live in the Bay area, which I suspect contains a large portion of cyber truck owners. I also don't think someone dumb enough to buy a cyber truck would intentional vandalize their insanely expensive paper weight to claim victimhood.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You are the man!

I didn't consider "artisan" at all because all the references in every other thread were for "artisanal". What a great catch! I also couldn't remember his actual forums name so searching "RG3" was not helpful.

Here's the result:

:lmao:

Finding old poo poo on this forum is basically the only way I actually use the research skills from my history degree lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Air Skwirl posted:

I know several people that probably would spray paint "gently caress you" on a cyber truck if they saw one in the wild while on their way to do graffiti art, and they live in the Bay area, which I suspect contains a large portion of cyber truck owners. I also don't think someone dumb enough to buy a cyber truck would intentional vandalize their insanely expensive paper weight to claim victimhood.

I don't know anyone who would spray paint a Tesla that wouldn't do it to the windshield.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

fartknocker posted:

:lmao:

Finding old poo poo on this forum is basically the only way I actually use the research skills from my history degree lol

Thank you for your service :911:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao I’m watching Plane this movie loving sucks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kinda mad they didn't just call it Plane Has Fallen

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kalli posted:

Kinda mad they didn't just call it Plane Has Fallen

If it's a different studio producing it there probably would have been a copyright claim or something.

Also, I saw Angel has Fallen recently and it's loving wild, a PMC tries to kill the president because he's trying to get a peace deal in the middle east. Politically it's the exact opposite plot of the last two movies.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I just learned that Roger Corman died a few days ago. I also just learned that Roger Corman wasn’t already dead. Going to have to watch Rock n Roll High school again.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Olympus Has Fallen is one of my favorites and they go downhill fast after that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

London has Fallen is loving hilarious because it's a Middle East arms dealer trying to kill the leaders of most of Western Europe and America over his kids dying in a bombing, and I just don't believe someone would try and kill off half their clients like that, even over a dead kid. You don't get into that business because you care about the lives of the people around you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If only White House Down had also become a series.

Just all Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx vs... uh, I dunno, Chechen mafia and MS-13 trying to overthrow Canada or something.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I apologize if this is annoying to other people, but I hate it when people try and say certain movies aren't political or don't want to talk about the politics of a movie. I think it's an interesting thing to look at and discuss and my enjoyment of a movie and the politics it expresses tend to be separate things. I enjoyed all of the "has Fallen" movies, but think the world they suggest is an insane lens to view things through, North Korea is not going to attack the white house, an arms dealer is not going to try and kill most of the leadership of the western world, and a PMC isn't going to try and kill a president for promoting peace (because no president will do that).

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You are the man!

Here's the result:

lol this is great. It may be beyond the scope of that thread, but I feel like there's a card idea for the Matt Ryan jogger post as well.

Kalli posted:

I don't know anyone who would spray paint a Tesla that wouldn't do it to the windshield.

Great point

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinji2015 posted:

lol this is great. It may be beyond the scope of that thread, but I feel like there's a card idea for the Matt Ryan jogger post as well.

Or Manas steak

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Watching a random NBA playoff game and The Quiz WITH BALLS is a great road to Idiocracy show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c22B8FiRQj8

I'll take it over the Coinbase ads though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Air Skwirl posted:

I do agree that a lot of people would vandalize a cyber truck because gently caress Elon Musk and his dork brigade.

Agree to disagree on the bolded. These dorks have become lightning rods for criticism and love the attention.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is white house down the one where an ac130 just pulps the entire national mall for like no reason at all

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Or Manas steak

Yeah this comes to mind too

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Never post food on the internet. Ever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Is white house down the one where an ac130 just pulps the entire national mall for like no reason at all

No, that's Olympus Has Fallen. It's hard to remember which movie is more ridiculous then the other, they're both so close.

White House Down is the one where they shoot down Air Force 1 with a missile, and it turns out the MIC killed the president so they could nuke Iran

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You are the man!

Here's the result:

Should be "Whenever a Food token becomes tapped" because lots of cards can make Food tokens these days :eng101:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

as far as i can remember this attack, how it was pulled off, its connection to the rest of the movie or is its strategic importance is never explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzsmzLEK3O8&t=49s

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

I feel like there's a card idea for the Matt Ryan jogger post as well.

The entire story in the text box

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao in plane there's a passenger who is being extradited for murder. when the captain goes out to find help, he take the prisoner with him and takes off his handcuffs.

while they're walking the prisoner is like "oh yeah im french foreign legion btw."

and now he's just murdering half of the phillipines

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im fasting today and day dreaming about the pesto fettuccine leftovers I have in my fridge for when I get home.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

as far as i can remember this attack, how it was pulled off, its connection to the rest of the movie or is its strategic importance is never explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzsmzLEK3O8&t=49s

It killed a poo poo ton of local law enforcement and took down a couple fighter jets and the guards (I don't know if they're secret service or military or other cops) surrounding the White House, which I think would be useful if you're trying to invade that same place and kill the President.

I do feel like modern rifles have evolved to the point a rifle is still the best way to kill a president. Just figure out a public appearance and a rifle with enough range. You don't need to crash a plane.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fartknocker posted:

What made it tricky was he requested an "artisan burrito", so searching 'artisanal', as we all refer to it, wouldn't bring up that post.

This is like learning the actual line is “No, I am your father”

My psyche is in shambles

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kalli posted:

If only White House Down had also become a series.

Just all Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx vs... uh, I dunno, Chechen mafia and MS-13 trying to overthrow Canada or something.

I think White House Down is incredibly awful but at the same time, there's something about the "daughter waiving the American flag to abort an air strike" scene that I just love.

Air Skwirl posted:

I apologize if this is annoying to other people, but I hate it when people try and say certain movies aren't political or don't want to talk about the politics of a movie. I think it's an interesting thing to look at and discuss and my enjoyment of a movie and the politics it expresses tend to be separate things. I enjoyed all of the "has Fallen" movies, but think the world they suggest is an insane lens to view things through, North Korea is not going to attack the white house, an arms dealer is not going to try and kill most of the leadership of the western world, and a PMC isn't going to try and kill a president for promoting peace (because no president will do that).

I think it's North Korean wish fulfillment gone wrong. Teach those starving people a dang lesson in dreams! :fsmug:

FizFashizzle posted:

I think it was to distract the emergency response because the NK forces didn't actually attack until after that.

C-Euro posted:

Should be "Whenever a Food token becomes tapped" because lots of cards can make Food tokens these days :eng101:

drat I was trying so hard to get the verbage right, haha.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gerald Butler telling the bad guy he's gonna stab him in the brain, then actually doing it at the end of the movie is one of the best things ever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I loved that era of movies that were like uhhhh China's a huge market so we can't use them as the evil villain... well step on up North Korea!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

I loved that era of movies that were like uhhhh China's a huge market so we can't use them as the evil villain... well step on up North Korea!

or like mid ninties until 2001 where all the enemies were just like "anarchists" or bosnian war lords like in that awful owen wilson movie.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

okay so now the "Advance team" is here but they dont feel like they can fight off all the filipino separatists so they have to take off.

but the filipino army is attacking the plane while they're trying to make preparations and are getting completely misted by the advance team with little to no effort.

they've got a guy with a 40 cal sniper rifle and when it hits the bad guy they fly back so hard they move the cars they crash into

oh also the plane is fixed

this movie rules

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Gerald Butler telling the bad guy he's gonna stab him in the brain, then actually doing it at the end of the movie is one of the best things ever.

This is what I mean, the films are so conservative and so mean on a purely moral level, but that poo poo is absolutely loving badass.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

or like mid ninties until 2001 where all the enemies were just like "anarchists" or bosnian war lords like in that awful owen wilson movie.

At first I thought you were thinking of No Escape. That was in SE Asia, although I don’t think they actually named it. Then I remembered Behind Enemy Lines, which is set in Bosnia. Two awful Owen Wilson movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Apropos of nothing I watched Once Upon a Time in Ukraine the other night off Amazon, absolutely fantastic stuff, it opens with a samurai (played by a clearly Slavic man) running through a forest to escape ninjas and bursting out of the woods into 1844 Ukraine and only gets battier from there. The real highlight is juggling between the native Ukrainian audio track and the English dub, the former presents the very goofy movie utterly straight while the latter lets some impressively bad voice actors get real loose with the script to great results, gives it real Kung Pow: Enter the Fist vibes

Edit: I should probably also acknowledge the movie’s portrayal of Jews, since it’s apparently intended as in the spirit of Tarantino and accordingly gives itself the lenience to make some, uh, questionable choices. Whether you want to give it the grace that it’s self-aware of antisemitic stereotypes enough to makes it ironic rather than just plain antisemitic is up to you, but it’s definitely a thing.

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 13, 2024