Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Raged posted:

All I can find is that it's announced "around" 12:00 GMT (30 min from now)

Oh boy, just in time for Turmp's morning poo poo (malted)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

LifeSunDeath posted:

Wait, so Mohammed bin Salman won the time cover? Not sure if this will make trump melt down or not, he is muslim but he's not Kaepernick.

http://time.com/5021948/person-of-the-year-reader-poll-2017/

e: wait i guess the readers poll and the actual cover person can differ? ugh.

lol idiot gently caress up retard even more so than trump

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

lol idiot gently caress up retard even more so than trump

Oh it's a Saud, lol. Did 4chan gently caress with the poll again

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
That seems pretty suspicious. Like I would expect that from online voting by Economist readers, not Time readers.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Current betting on Time's Person of the year

#MeToo 1.95
Xi Jinping 5.50
The Dreamers 6.75
Donald Trump 11.50
Colin Kaepernick 13.50
Robert Mueller 13.50
Jeff Bezos 15.00
Kim Jong Un 19.00
Mohammed bin Salman 21.00
Patty Jenkins 34.00

I'm thinking there is money to be made there. If Donnie gets picked it is going to be a scathing article that may cause him to stroke out.

Still want Colin or Mueller to get it for the rage tweets

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

unpacked robinhood posted:

Oh it's a Saud, lol. Did 4chan gently caress with the poll again

should've voted Weinstein

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
they should redo the mirror cover but superimpose a groping man over it

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Lowest TIME poll rating of all time, lower Twitter ratings than Obama someone stop this man he can't stop winning

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

stealie72 posted:

That seems pretty suspicious. Like I would expect that from online voting by Economist readers, not Time readers.

Even Economist readers might not go for that; my money is that people who closely follow foreign news would go with Xi Jinping. I'm sure it's people dicking with the poll, a long tradition with the reader's vote for this.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
A loving Saudi Royal is person of the year, yeah OK just glass the loving planet

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

We probably won't get Trump's hot take on the actual person of the year since if it's not Donnie (it won't be), then Fox and Friends won't bother covering it.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Mackers posted:

A loving Saudi Royal is person of the year, yeah OK just glass the loving planet

I mean they've made Adolf Hitler and Donald trump person of the year, it's not necessarily an honour

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Applewhite posted:

I'm the blatant misunderstanding of feudalism that caused it to be lumped in with several unrelated social systems.

It's fitting though that Social Justice and Social Democracy are the hydra heads NOT snarling or threatening the Libertarian Knight. They frankly just seem annoyed to be in the picture.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mackers posted:

thats the internet poll you dipshit

you know, the one where rick flair came in second, years ago

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ric Flair is man of the year every year.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

thats the internet poll you dipshit

you know, the one where rick flair came in second, years ago

The decision is final :colbert:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The D and D Trump thread is in the throes of an argument on whether or not Cuphead is racist

Just lock the forum

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The D and D Trump thread is in the throes of an argument on whether or not Cuphead is racist

Just lock the forum

Let whoever is running CSPAM go through D&D with a flamethrower

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
D&D 2.0 when

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Oh wow so Time person of the year is the sexually assaulted women who came forward

This is even better than Colin Kapernick at rustling the Dotard's jimmies

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Tbf it's probably from that kotaku cuphead article about it

Tbf cspam would probably bite if you posted it there

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Just lock the forum

Corrosion posted:

I think what that is is still at stake as we critique culture. Which is probably, the population being disengaged/apolitical notwithstanding, why people who identify with this stuff, or just don't get past being passive, get shook. Specifically, when they can point to finding a game to be fun, and finding people wanting to engage it on something other than the rote memorization that Cuphead offers formally. Lots of games offer the combination of "pretty" and "difficult." If anything, Cuphead's morality tale is in the tradition of games like Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, Contra, and more... but all of those games had far more compelling scenarios.

Gunstar Heroes was more concerned with itself than Cuphead is. Green, in the game's ending, kills/sacrifices himself after declaring that he is responsible for his actions, even if he was brainwashed. He is an ethical subject that Cuphead's morality tale can't even aspire to. Cuphead has the visual/mechanical language of several games, hell it has Cho Aniki's ejaculation laser/Men's Beam. Hilarious reference, given that you play as anthropomorphize'd [wholesome] milk cups. So not only is Cuphead racist, it's also a farce. But there are so many games out there that are "difficult" and "pretty", that the one thing that's remarkable about Cuphead is precisely what people are critiquing because it's the one thing managing to draw attention to itself.

You can effectively do what Cuphead offers for time convenience by using save states in an emulator for the many games that are like it. So here we are at its visuals and this sort of denial and paranoia about shadowy "those people" ruining video games. You know, by rejecting the visuals of a game that has a fixation on white washing history. It's probably NOT a bad game in a technical sense, but it sure isn't passing the test that should really matter which is some kind of intersection with reality.

So ideologically, once we start seeing these kinds of critiques, the brains of fanatics explode. "The good mechanics box was checked, though." I mean, hell, this is the medium where people don't think "playing dress up" is a game in and of itself. So loot crates "don't affect the game." Gamers don't know what "the game" even is.

Launch those fuckin nukes!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Ric Flair is man of the year every year.

To be the man of the year, you gotta beat the man of the year!

Make the tweet bitch

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/938386546914414593

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://twitter.com/TIME/status/938386081795502080

lmbo

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
What the gently caress is this autist talking about?

Edit: this thread moves fast. I meant the word salad about video games.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 6, 2017

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeeees lmao

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Trump breaks the silence all the time. Why not done, we

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Smirr posted:

Yeeees lmao

Please, please, please tell me they have one of the women Trump abused in the magazine

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

They should have selected Hillary just to troll Trump

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Both Mueller and Colin have runner up write-ups

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Avirosb posted:

Trump breaks the silence all the time. Why not done, we

Washington Trump: silence dies in the fart

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just did a quick search of the Time article for Trump's name it appears 8 times lol

quote:

Discussions of sexual harassment in polite company tend to rely on euphemisms: harassment becomes "inappropriate behavior," assault becomes ­"misconduct," rape becomes "abuse." We're accustomed to hearing those softened words, which downplay the pain of the experience. That's one of the reasons why the Access Hollywood tape that surfaced in October 2016 was such a jolt. The language used by the man who would become America's 45th President, captured on a 2005 recording, was, by any standard, vulgar. He didn't just say that he'd made a pass; he "moved on her like a bitch." He didn't just talk about fondling women; he bragged that he could "grab 'em by the pussy."
That Donald Trump could express himself that way and still be elected President is part of what stoked the rage that fueled the Women's March the day after his Inauguration. It's why women seized on that crude word as the emblem of the protest that dwarfed Trump's Inauguration crowd size. "All social movements have highly visible precipitating factors," says Aldon Morris, a professor of sociology at Northwestern University. "In this case, you had Harvey Weinstein, and before that you had Trump."
Megyn Kelly, the NBC anchor who revealed in October that she had complained to Fox News executives about Bill O'Reilly's treatment of women, and who was a target of Trump's ire during the campaign, says the tape as well as the tenor of the election turned the political into the personal. "I have real doubts about whether we'd be going through this if Hillary Clinton had won, because I think that President Trump's election in many ways was a setback for women," says Kelly, who noted that not all women at the march were Clinton supporters. "But the overall message to us was that we don't really matter."

quote:

Summer Zervos, a former contestant on The Apprentice, was one of roughly 20 women to accuse the President of sexual harassment. She filed a defamation suit against Trump days before his Inauguration after he disputed her claims by calling her a liar. A New York judge is expected to decide soon if the President is immune to civil suits while in office. No matter the outcome, the allegations added fuel to a growing fire.

Donnie gonna be pissed

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

flashy_mcflash posted:

To be the man of the year, you gotta beat the man of the year!

Make the tweet bitch

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/938386546914414593

Fake news (and failing) Time magazine makes politically correct choice instead of your favourite president (me). Investigate fake news media? Crooked Hillary investigated 9x but not these women? Give me a break! MAGA!

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
How does any of that make cuphead racist, I'm confused

What does Donald trump think of cuphead

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is that Taylor Swift on the right? Doesn't look like her to me. Am I blind as gently caress?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

TWEET ACTIVITY

just a rt though

https://twitter.com/Scavino45/status/938259363961163776

pivot to the wall

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Time redefines what a person is

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Chernobyl baby posted:

How does any of that make cuphead racist, I'm confused

it's generally accepted that the early days of cartooning have uncomfortable minstrel roots

cuphead avoided them, which is racist because it's not racist

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Smirr posted:

TWEET ACTIVITY

just a rt though

https://twitter.com/Scavino45/status/938259363961163776

pivot to the wall

Lol 5 days to build at most 50 Meters of wall while working in optimal conditions and working hard so as to sell the wall.

Southern border is ~~3000km~~

3000km / 50m = 60 000 fifty Meter sections

If it takes 5 days to build 50 Meters...

5 days X 60000 = 300000 days to build the whole wall

300000 /356 days = 842 years assuming one build station

I don't have a reference point for how many points the wall would be built at but let's throw some ball park figures

842 years / 10 building points = ~84 years~

842 years / 15 building points = ~56 years~

I'm sure y'all are capable of working out the rest

Like , lol at this gambit of the lesser fool that is wall buildings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

Is that Taylor Swift on the right? Doesn't look like her to me. Am I blind as gently caress?

Yeah she's in there. Terry Crews is even talked about later in the article.