Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

my spirit animal

I think you meant this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Arus' fat expanded so far that he now gets billed in the US.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Generic Octopus posted:

Arus' fat expanded so far that he now gets billed in the US.

He pretty much lives in Alaska I believe.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Replaying GW1 on my Paragon makes me really sad that Anet never got around to giving them an overhaul like dervishes.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I feel like the Tyrian cat version of The Punisher. WvW armor is cool and good dudes.

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4kjp44/art_so_i_decided_to_turn_gorseval_and_mouth_of/

Lonk fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 23, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Pro click. Thanks Lonk.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Contrary to popular believe you actually can't many thievery sexy :gonk:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Next Raid wing to require Ley-Line gliding

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/A-Note-about-the-Next-Raid-Wing

Just in case you still needed more to do and prepare for raids :rolleyes:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Well I already didn't raid, but good to know I won't ever be able to do that wing even if I found people to raid with.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

quote:

05/23/16 – May 23 Release Notes
BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
World Polish

Lion's Arch
Added Lionguard Heckler NPCs that harass nearby players with fewer than 166 Mastery points committed on their account. Lines include "I heard your mother doesn't have any accessibility problems!" and "How much progress is loitering around here worth?"

Bug Fixes:
Fixed a server crash.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

AnacondaHL posted:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/A-Note-about-the-Next-Raid-Wing

Way ahead of you. :toot:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

There isn't even a polish server, what's the deal?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Poniard posted:

There isn't even a polish server, what's the deal?

In continuing efforts to divide the GW2 playerbase along the 'casual' and 'hardcore' lines, new servers will be opened in a Polish datacenter for casual players who don't need a low ping for the content they enjoy. Characters will be transported to their new home via a Hero Point train when ready.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

In continuing efforts to divide the GW2 playerbase along the 'casual' and 'hardcore' lines, new servers will be opened in a Polish datacenter for casual players who don't need a low ping for the content they enjoy. Characters will be transported to their new home via a Hero Point train when ready.

[low effort holocaust joke about sending casuals to polish datacenters]

deaf jesus
Feb 19, 2004
hear no evil
sometimes I remember why I still play this game...nostalgia. 2 year old SS of me doing a heart quest... I think I enjoyed it more than him. He even said thanks. Talk about a trooper! http://imgur.com/UEUVMKJ

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

hurtmeplz posted:

sometimes I remember why I still play this game...nostalgia. 2 year old SS of me doing a heart quest... I think I enjoyed it more than him. He even said thanks. Talk about a trooper! http://imgur.com/UEUVMKJ

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

I take it mastery XP grinding never really got more bearable, huh?

Speaking of: any chance they've made open world PvE things more rewarding, or is it all still about those two blues and a green from every activity?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
I got the moth wing backpack/glider combo and I am very disappointed that I can dye the glider skin but not the backpiece. Maybe I should've known better since there hasn't ever been a back item I can dye, but I fail to see why I can dye one skin and not the other when they're both identical.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Harrow posted:

Speaking of: any chance they've made open world PvE things more rewarding, or is it all still about those two blues and a green from every activity?

Grinding is way easier, and rewards in HoT at least have been massively buffed.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I got the moth wing backpack/glider combo and I am very disappointed that I can dye the glider skin but not the backpiece. Maybe I should've known better since there hasn't ever been a back item I can dye, but I fail to see why I can dye one skin and not the other when they're both identical.

^
Yeah I'm not sure why pubbies are having any outrage specifically for this. Sure it sucks but unless one of those quarterly updates suddenly adds in the ability to dye backpieces, why would you ever hold out any hope of being able to dye one or act like you deserve a refund because you "didn't know"?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Harrow posted:

exp gain was pretty well buffed. there was a huge spring update that you might want to read or something.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Johnny Joestar posted:

exp gain was pretty well buffed. there was a huge spring update that you might want to read or something.

Reading is hard unless it's jojo

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Lonk posted:

^
Yeah I'm not sure why pubbies are having any outrage specifically for this. Sure it sucks but unless one of those quarterly updates suddenly adds in the ability to dye backpieces, why would you ever hold out any hope of being able to dye one or act like you deserve a refund because you "didn't know"?

Well hey it wouldn't be the first time mass disapproval has led to anet changing or adding something. I'm not holding my breath but maybe eventually they'll add back items you can dye and add dye channels to some of the existing back items too.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I'm still waiting on dyeable weapons but it's not likely with all the rework involved. It would open up so many options since I could dye all the glowing ones a bright magenta for my mesmer.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Waiting for dyeable backpacks so the four coloured spinal blade packs will have channels for the metal parts but not the different glows

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Illuyankas posted:

Waiting for dyeable backpacks so the four coloured spinal blade packs will have channels for the metal parts but not the different glows

I mean that would be the way to do it. Anet wants you to buy both the black and white angel wings, so the dye channels will just be a the feather tips.
That way pubbies will have black wings with red tips and white wings with pink tips and anet gets like $20 from all of them.

Still waiting on that single black angel wing backpack though.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 24, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
All armours start with a default 1 dye channel, unlocking additional dye channels costs 800 gems each.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Adding dyeable backpieces is too much work, time to make more outfits!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Semi related:
Way back in the days of City of Heroes, everyone wanted dyable powers. Jack "MY VISION" Emmert said that they couldn't do it because it would take a ton of time to go through each one, make them greyscale and then add a system for colors. The colors were baked in, he claimed.

I got so tired of this argument against one of the biggest community requests and, with a hex editor, colored my powers and showed the forums that the head of the company was either lying or uninformed.

The thread was deleted by a mod but no actions taken against my account.

When Jack left to make Champions Online, Matt Miller took over and addressed the community saying, "Yeah, we've been able to do this from the start but Jack wouldn't let us because he felt it impeded his ~vision~." They updated it in about a week.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

When Jack left to make Champions Online, Matt Miller took over and addressed the community saying, "Yeah, we've been able to do this from the start but Jack wouldn't let us because he felt it impeded his ~vision~." They updated it in about a week.

And then in champions online you could dye your powers however you wanted right from the beginning. good job jack. :bravo:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Man, there was a goddamn torrent of quality of life stuff that came out after Emmert hosed off.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

and then it died

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

If I didn't lose my backups I would post a picture of my crossover sonic/sonic defender, Paragon's Paragon.

Also my electric/dark corruptor, Cruel Was Daoshen.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

and then it died

City of Heroes death ruled 'accidental', NCSoft cleared of all charges

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Gah I can't ever seem to get onto Maguuma where the goon populations are, always constantly loving full. Is there another world I can make characters on that goons use as a sister world?.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
You can be on any server and still play 90% of the game with all the goons. Servers only matter for world vs world.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

SirDrone posted:

Gah I can't ever seem to get onto Maguuma where the goon populations are, always constantly loving full. Is there another world I can make characters on that goons use as a sister world?.

I'm on Fort Aspenwood (Fap'Spin'Wood) and we sometimes go against Maguuma, so you can fight against goons if you can get on here. :black101:

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Blasphemeral posted:

I'm on Fort Asperger's

Let's be honest here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Hypothetically-Speaking-New-Worlds

quote:

Hypothetically speaking, if we were to open some additional worlds (and at this point I still don’t know how much work, or how safe a change like that would be), but if we did, would there be player interest in transferring to these new worlds? The new worlds would have lowered population caps, be free to transfer to for a period of time and be immediately linked with existing lower tier worlds..

Thoughts?

• Locked thread