Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Putting too much cheese, or too many toppings, is the #1 way idiots who don't know better gently caress up pizzas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
so at least 111 cheeses is possible, amazing. what could the upper limits of cheese numbers be, hmm.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There's 1200-1800 cheese varieties in France alone

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

246 according to President de Gaulle

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
11 euros for a pizza seems to be the new normal here, but it's just too much... Also I dislike that when I order a peperoni pizza, I get tuna and bell peppers as well.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

His Divine Shadow posted:

11 euros for a pizza seems to be the new normal here, but it's just too much...
That's just under 12 USD, I fuckin' wish I could get a pizza at that price outside of Little Caesar's, what size pizza are you saying that's too much for???

I'm deliberately ignoring the second half of your post.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I didn't measure it, a regular pizza. It's gone up from like 8 euros to 11 in two years.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Also I dislike that when I order a peperoni pizza, I get tuna and bell peppers as well.

The nukes start dropping in 5 minutes :gonk:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

It ruined my sons evening, he don't like tuna and was so looking forward to a peperoni pizza, his favorite food.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

stringless posted:

That's just under 12 USD, I fuckin' wish I could get a pizza at that price outside of Little Caesar's, what size pizza are you saying that's too much for???

I'm deliberately ignoring the second half of your post.

pizzas in europe are generally monoportion

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

ELTON JOHN posted:

I ordered from this place before, they're the ones that put the peperoni before the cheese:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That's deranged

Also it looks like the trapped grease from the salami leads to separation between the cheese and sauce layers and lubricates the surfaces to cause unwanted slippage. Absolutely degenerate pizza making

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hey, let's give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe that's the first peperoni pizza they ever made?

Like, surely they wouldn't make the same mistake twice, right?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It can be situational. Depends on style &what else is under there. Pepperoni only? hosed up. Most ingredients need to at least have some outside the cheese to not be gross mush but it depends on sauce. Looking at the crust, eh

Either way it's no swamp juice petroleum slick, yet somehow dry bone char & sand

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

It ruined my sons evening, he don't like tuna and was so looking forward to a peperoni pizza, his favorite food.

Now tell the thread about dillmakaroner. :getin:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Again?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3940135&pagenumber=271&perpage=40#post537242692

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

You expect me to komma ihåg nånting som happened för flera månader sen? :shepface:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ELTON JOHN posted:

What's that in a Euro pizza, 10"/25cm? Smaller? A single slice? I need details.

The one posted looks more like a 12"/30cm which doesn't seem like a "monoportion" outside of the US and Brazil.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I think that's a normal pizza size by finnish standards, I think they've shrunk as they've gotten more expensive as well. Looking at this older photo makes it clearer. I am sure the boxes themselves have gotten smaller too to cover it up.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've seen the pepperoni under the cheese at a few places in Montreal and Toronto.

Well, I didn't actually "see" it since it's under the cheese but you know what I mean.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Guy I know puts all toppings under the cheese including big leaves of basil. A more effective way to cause the cheese to slide off in a giant tectonic mass I cannot conceive.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Extra Large Marge posted:

I've seen the pepperoni under the cheese at a few places in Montreal and Toronto.

All those moments will be lost, like tears in grease

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Time to pie.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
finland used to import 30% of its wheat from russia as of 2020. now it's basically 0% for obvious reasons. the substitution was expensive, mostly from poland iirc

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Both pizza places I worked at were cheese on top (MN)

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I ordered from this place before, they're the ones that put the peperoni before the cheese:

what's up with europe and being uncut

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

bob dobbs is dead posted:

finland used to import 30% of its wheat from russia as of 2020. now it's basically 0% for obvious reasons. the substitution was expensive, mostly from poland iirc

Seems wrong that we should import wheat, Finland is usually self sufficient in wheat crops, only year I see we weren't was in 2018
https://statdb.luke.fi/PxWeb/pxweb/...&timeValue=2010

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can't believe someone would try to post lies about Finland's wheat production in the pizza thread.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Also I dislike that when I order a peperoni pizza, I get tuna and bell peppers as well.

I really want to know more about this. Can you not just ask for no tuna or peppers when you order? Do the pizza police arrest you for removing toppings?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i rounded off 2018 to 2020, sorry

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Captain Hygiene posted:

I really want to know more about this. Can you not just ask for no tuna or peppers when you order? Do the pizza police arrest you for removing toppings?

I think we determined earlier in the thread (or I remember noticing) that the build-your-own type of bespoke pizza ordering is way less common in Europe, you have to pick a prerolled combination from a menu. And depending on how many toppings they offer you end up with some factorial number of branded pizza options with cutesy names that all differ minutely from one to the next

e: spam spam spam baked beans spam and spam

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Data Graham posted:

I think we determined earlier in the thread (or I remember noticing) that the build-your-own type of bespoke pizza ordering is way less common in Europe, you have to pick a prerolled combination from a menu. And depending on how many toppings they offer you end up with some factorial number of branded pizza options with cutesy names that all differ minutely from one to the next

Should all go the Henry ford model. You can have any pizza you want, as long as it's Hawaiian

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that ordering difference. Should've come to America where we have complete topping FREEDOM, I guess :911:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Isn't topping freedom pretty much standard? Like most places are making the pizza when you order it, other than you know places where you're just buying indvidual pre made slices or whatever, so it's not like it's that much effort to tailor the toppings how someone wants it.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
freedom comes with responsibilities, like "do not make the thing inedible and soggy"

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

This is "eating all the Halloween candy" territory evil. This is your son's villain origin story

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

No pizza, left beef, with liberty and justice for all.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

what's up with europe and being uncut

They're trying to get a little more cheese.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Isn't topping freedom pretty much standard? Like most places are making the pizza when you order it, other than you know places where you're just buying indvidual pre made slices or whatever, so it's not like it's that much effort to tailor the toppings how someone wants it.

Europeans don't have the inherited knowledge of toppings that Americans do, and will freeze when confronted with a "build your own" option

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
no, they'll make more entrants to this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yes you most definitely can, if you remember to! But I didn't remember to do that this time. Buuut I also don't feel I am wrong to think a peperoni pizza should not have tuna. I should have asked not for a "peperoni pizza" but "a pizza with only peperoni". And that's just this particular places naming convention....