Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MrQwerty posted:

Oh yeah for sure, he tries to put on that air and that's why it scared people to his political left. There were always cracks showing if you watched his COVID response and his ability to handle media; and then that makeup artist from Fox said he'd come in whenever the gently caress he could to be on TV rather than govern (a pattern), and while he did he just sat there frothing at the mouth about whatever Trump and Fox were mad about that morning. He's not riling up the base, he is the base, he just has a law degree in torturing people at a torture prison so he can say smart words sometimes.

Behind The Bastards did a two-parter on DeSanctus: https://podbay.fm/p/behind-the-bastards/e/1692677700

My overall impression of him is that he's a smart and cunning politician that worked his way through to law school, being a navy lawyer, than some local politician and then governor. But he has no charisma or talent for working the crowd and when then made the wrong bet of going all-in on culture war bs and somehow getting the left and MAGA to hate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

the clown emoji is a surefire sign that the person using it is loving pissed

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Untrustable posted:

Many people are saying not to go in room 237. They say there are Bad Guys in there but your favorite president (me) was welcomed with open arms. They love me here and I might never leave, how would they like that!

Ok, I know I've made this comparison before, but that photo is the best one yet

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

the Dems absolutely already have Ron's blackface photo and they're just waiting for next year to release it. It's gotta be.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Lose yourself of my music

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao now thats what I call Ramaswamentum

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Vampire Panties posted:

thats a real thing? I thought :airquote: international waters :airquote: was up there with diplomatic immunity from lethal weapon 2
it is insofar as nobody has official jurisdiction, but if you piss off a specific country enough to make it their business, they will do so regardless of where you are.

like, if you had a container ship absolutely chock full to the loving brim of cocaine and you were puttering up and down the eastern seaboard, letting little speedboats roll out to your floating cocaine warehouse, the US Coast Guard is not going to give the slightest poo poo if you're technically in international waters. they will block, board, and arrest you. end of story. they will then (technically illegally) charge you with hellcrimes. good luck getting the patronage to properly argue and insist upon your rights.

but if you wanted to do a shitload of coke while in international waters, the (technically illegally) part will protect you because there's a political cost to doing (technically illegal) things and no DA will be willing to pay that price for how little tagging you would be worth.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

I am a world renowned weight lift workout man and I think Margie’s form is excellent and her hotdog legs are sexy

Horny AND hot dog posting? :mods:

Total Party Kill posted:

Just got done making a perfect phone call AMA

Did you Remember Sailor? :smugdon:

:hmbol:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Yeah like if I blew up someone's private yacht on neutral waters, I would probably be in big trouble either in my own country or in the country of the guy whose yacht I blew up.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Brooks Koepka 6'00 205 lbs shot 72-76-72 in August in Bedminster

Donald trump 6'3 215 pounds, shot a 67 at Bedminster

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Whoa whoa you clearly transformed his picture, that's unfair

He is way better looking than that

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I knew this was going to happen, but I was expecting it to be someone Nikki Haley once considered a friend. :lol:

Instead it's dipshit Vivek, which means instead of running with this, all the other candidates are going to pile on him for being a shithead.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

10 pounds of extra rear end equals 60 yards of distance on your drives

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Data Graham posted:

"Smart Trump" has real

vibes

huh huh huh

probe

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

loss is getting weird.

i mean i always find that poo poo funny. least this tech lord conman doesnt loving hide it like oz and haley. still will lol when trump implodes him after SS Desantis finally sinks.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I knew this was going to happen, but I was expecting it to be someone Nikki Haley once considered a friend. :lol:

Instead it's dipshit Vivek, which means instead of running with this, all the other candidates are going to pile on him for being a shithead.

yeah no one likes vivik in the camerilla part of the party and he doesnt have trumps pull and isnt a wasp so they can "quietly" toss him under the bus and not worry about their houses/mansions/crypts/dark getting shot up by my uncle.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 28, 2023

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

mobby_6kl posted:

Behind The Bastards did a two-parter on DeSanctus: https://podbay.fm/p/behind-the-bastards/e/1692677700

My overall impression of him is that he's a smart and cunning politician that worked his way through to law school, being a navy lawyer, than some local politician and then governor. But he has no charisma or talent for working the crowd and when then made the wrong bet of going all-in on culture war bs and somehow getting the left and MAGA to hate him.
The tl;dr for people who don't want to sit through three hours of DeSantis' history is that his political strength is in wooing big-ticket donors behind the scenes. He has a certain type of charisma, but it's "three glasses of brandy deep, cigar in hand, telling an incredibly racist anecdote to fellow Ivy League racists" charisma. The ground game was / is handled entirely by his wife, who knows how to talk to regular people without coming off as a robot powered by spite.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Vivek is gonna get suplexed with a blatant racism by one of his compatriots and I honestly want to see what his reaction is

I'm guessing its "Yeah, you're right" and then he starts poo poo talking his own heritage

Like it will be the phoniest, most pathetic and spineless thing ever and it will get him nowhere

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like old photos of L Ron Hubbard

Wonder if that's where he's taking the grift next, starting his own religion.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

vaginite posted:

Eh I'll eat my words after this one but I more just mean DeSantis tries to sound smart.

He'll actually float policy ideas, talk about how much such and such is costing the state of florida. Like he's the dumb guy that tries to sound smart. Getting put in that lane by the media labeling him 'Smart Trump' probably didn't help when the clear correct play is "be a belligerent reactionary moron at all times", but I'm not playing any violins for the guy and it's clear he never really had any chops any way.

motherfucker is actively trying to destroy Florida as a leader in road etc research to save pennies in the short term

You'll only rarely hear me compliment Rick Scott, but at least that rear end in a top hat knew which side his bread was buttered on - he was completely on board with throwing money at research and Big Data (and taking credit for doing so in his Senate run)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Froghammer posted:

The tl;dr for people who don't want to sit through three hours of DeSantis' history is that his political strength is in wooing big-ticket donors behind the scenes. He has a certain type of charisma, but it's "three glasses of brandy deep, cigar in hand, telling an incredibly racist anecdote to fellow Ivy League racists" charisma. The ground game was / is handled entirely by his wife, who knows how to talk to regular people without coming off as a robot powered by spite.

yeah, dudes an egghead who thinks he is king poo poo and that works great with the camerilla and donors. to me its the GOP making the same mistake they made with harding(different issues with canidates though) he looks great on paper and was great to THEM but anyone outside castle drankenfell realizes he is loving awful. He knows how to SOUND smart. the issues is that his wife is a nut and dragged him into the culture war poo poo and he probably believes it too.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 28, 2023

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Does anyone know what the hell started that "January 6 committee deleted all their evidence!" talking point?

Usually, there's a legitimate news story or something that gets twisted into whatever the chud outrage of the day is, but I can't seem to find what set that specific line of bullshit off.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

binge crotching posted:

good ol elrond is Robert Evans' favorite bastard for a reason

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/antifaoperative/status/1696242677732241501?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Google Jeb Bush posted:

good ol elrond is Robert Evans' favorite bastard for a reason

yeah. he is Last podcast favorites too. the dude basicaly just lived the life as some con-man righter and litterally cucked jack parson(the rocket scientist) in his weird witch coven and then took him for ride for his money over boat scams.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

binge crotching posted:

He's already there. That's part of what is making this so frustrating for him. He believes he is untouchable. Remember his "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone and not lose voters" and to a certain extent, he was proven correct during that campaign. His hubris was thinking that was eternal. I know where I live a lot of companies lost a lot of money because of his stance on wood and metal for construction. The "smart" libertarian types, the ones who aren't completely lost to ideology but are simply "gently caress you, got mine", took a big hit. One of the head guys where my husband works has straight up lamented his vote for Trump midway through his presidency.

Right now, Trump is pandering to his true believers. And who knows, maybe he does believe they will elevate him to Godhood. "how do you like your blue-eyed boy. Mister Death"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Next year is gonna be wild.

I've read Jack Smith thinks the Jan. 6 trail could be concluded in 4-6 weeks, so theoretically Trump could be in jail by mid to late April.

Which would be awesome, and crazy. What do the Republicans do if that happens?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

I'd be shocked if you can find a convicted pedophile whose Facebook isn't plastered with Republican and/or Christian talking points.

redshirt posted:

I've read Jack Smith thinks the Jan. 6 trail could be concluded in 4-6 weeks, so theoretically Trump could be in jail by mid to late April.

I'm guessing the same thing they always do: make sure a bunch of children are murdered or sexually assaulted

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

azflyboy posted:

Does anyone know what the hell started that "January 6 committee deleted all their evidence!" talking point?

I want to know this too.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Coolguye posted:

it is insofar as nobody has official jurisdiction, but if you piss off a specific country enough to make it their business, they will do so regardless of where you are.

like, if you had a container ship absolutely chock full to the loving brim of cocaine and you were puttering up and down the eastern seaboard, letting little speedboats roll out to your floating cocaine warehouse, the US Coast Guard is not going to give the slightest poo poo if you're technically in international waters. they will block, board, and arrest you. end of story. they will then (technically illegally) charge you with hellcrimes. good luck getting the patronage to properly argue and insist upon your rights.

but if you wanted to do a shitload of coke while in international waters, the (technically illegally) part will protect you because there's a political cost to doing (technically illegal) things and no DA will be willing to pay that price for how little tagging you would be worth.

Ships still have to abide by the laws of the country they're chartered under. If you're on a Carribean cruise, you don't get to murder people just because you're out of sight from land. And piracy is a crime even if it happens in lawless waters; authorities on shore don't kick the dirt and go, "Aw shucks!" if someone seizes a freighter and takes it away. There

There are enforcement issues, and yeah no one is going to chase you down for doing a line of coke on a oil tanker. But there are well established legal principles that have been enforced consistently for a long time when it comes to criminal activity on ships. It's not law enforcement ignoring the law.

In you cocaine ship example, the coast guard would arrest you for breaking US law. Drug smuggling into the US is a crime and it doesn't matter if you stayed on the far side of the line while people were doing it. They might contact the consulate of the country your ship is chartered under and that country would go, "Yep, you got them. You can keep them." But that would be a courtesy since you were doing US crimes in the US.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

azflyboy posted:

Usually, there's a legitimate news story or something that gets twisted into whatever the chud outrage of the day is, but I can't seem to find what set that specific line of bullshit off.

lol at still trying to understand the thought process of this dumb loving cult

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Womp Womp

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1696278507267948729?s=20

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Seriously, if Trump says something, just assume it’s not true. :lol:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Tack on another 2 years for that bowtie.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Wow, now if only our DOJ could investigate and find the rest of these dipshits.

I bet there’s at least 11,239,147 of ‘em.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

redshirt posted:

Claim its all politically motivated. Televising trials (Georgia only, I think?)will help open some eyes though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Trump did tell his supporters to vote as many times as possible because "that's what the Democrats do".

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Purgatory Glory posted:

Claim its all politically motivated. Televising trials (Georgia only, I think?)will help open some eyes though.

Without doubt. But if Trump is actually in jail, that's hard to spin as a winning campaign tactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Joe “your dead kids don’t trump my rights” the Plumber has died, apparently.