Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Beef, as someone with highly abusive (mentally and physically) psychotic parents, the best way to make them extremely angry is to refuse to let them control you in any aspect of your life. Go full no contact as soon as you move out, then sit back and watch the ever-increasing angry text messages, emails, and voicemails. It’s incredibly cathartic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sagebrush posted:

yep.

get the gently caress out. i thought your wife was back in the states? can't you move in with her? or both of you go back to korea. anything is better than these troglodytes

she's in seoul right now and i was giving some serious thought to just buying a ticket on a redeye, shoving eggy into his carrier and getting the gently caress out

but like i said i'm in the middle of withdrawing from a SSRI (which you basically can't get in korea, so next to nobody has experience treating the withdrawal symptoms) and TMS (also unavailable there, but i'm doing here so that the SSRI is unnecessary). just cutting and running from both of those would be... probably bad, i think, lol

the upshot is i only have to endure about 3.5 more weeks of the above (...if it works) and then i don't have anything more anchoring me here

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FlapYoJacks posted:

Beef, as someone with highly abusive (mentally and physically) psychotic parents, the best way to make them extremely angry is to refuse to let them control you in any aspect of your life. Go full no contact as soon as you move out, then sit back and watch the ever-increasing angry text messages, emails, and voicemails. It’s incredibly cathartic.

i did that for quite a while (yes, they are lovely, abusive people) and had to come back after about 6 years, tail tucked and all. absolutely humiliating lol

but yeah i don't see myself talking to them often once i don't need to

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol speaking of lovely abusive parents, my grandmother texted me asking if I had wished my mother a happy Mother’s Day and she was a good mom. lmao. I love my grandmother very much and sent her cards, chocolates, and flowers for mother day; but she refuses to acknowledge my parents abuse.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sagebrush posted:

oh and just color over the cameras with permanent markers or something. ddos would be fun but it isn't worth the effort.

lol i've been mulling this over

permanent marker is too obvious. they'd probably try to have me arrested for vandalism (no joke, they already threatened to when i just knocked over one of their nannycams)

i was thinking about setting up a VAP that clones their SSID/WPA key, overpowering the other signal and then once i get all of the cameras connected to the honeypot, just blackhole the MACs. that'd be less upfront and sustained effort than a continuous ddos and would probably be less obvious, but meh it also seems kinda pointless

like, they'd probably figure it out eventually, so to what end really? focusing on "revenge" seems like the wrong track, at the moment anyway

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

well-read undead posted:

gosh beef i'm sorry your parents are psychopaths, that really sucks

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

and now i have SSRI brain zaps. goddamnit

i feel you there, i got some after my last dose step-down. just mildly for me though, i’m sure they can be worse. i’m stepping down to zero in a week or so, i wonder if it’ll be worse then.

i feel bad enough about our son’s baby monitor, and it doesn’t record anything and transmits over radio instead of internet. but it feels really invasive and idk why people would have a bunch of them everywhere.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

permanent marker is too obvious. they'd probably try to have me arrested for vandalism (no joke, they already threatened to when i just knocked over one of their nannycams)

i was thinking about setting up a VAP that clones their SSID/WPA key, overpowering the other signal and then once i get all of the cameras connected to the honeypot, just blackhole the MACs. that'd be less upfront and sustained effort than a continuous ddos and would probably be less obvious, but meh it also seems kinda pointless

like, they'd probably figure it out eventually, so to what end really? focusing on "revenge" seems like the wrong track, at the moment anyway

destroy them on your way out to go to seoul

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Branch Nvidian posted:

destroy them on your way out to go to seoul

beef will have to learn how to use line stickers if he does that

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this is one of the many reasons i advocate for squeezing for figgies

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Eeyo posted:

i feel you there, i got some after my last dose step-down. just mildly for me though, i’m sure they can be worse. i’m stepping down to zero in a week or so, i wonder if it’ll be worse then.

i feel bad enough about our son’s baby monitor, and it doesn’t record anything and transmits over radio instead of internet. but it feels really invasive and idk why people would have a bunch of them everywhere.

christ it's been terrible lol, sorry to hear you're going through it too. even mild symptoms are loving debilitating sometimes

i'm on duloxetine (not even for depression, sciatica) and it's apparently killing my liver. so i went from 60 mg two months ago, 30 mg last month (and got really horrible zaps for about 3 weeks), so when i told my psych about that last week, he put me on 20 mg — the lowest available dosage — and told me to titrate it down to 0 myself. but even stepping down by 10 mg gave me zaps, garbage sleep quality and apparently morning sickness

but it's a loving capsule without granules, it's just a powder. so how the gently caress am i supposed to do that?? lol

and now on top of all of that i gotta deal with the loving panopticon over here. at least from that i learned getting huge mad will trigger some real bad zaps, so i gotta try not to get too pissed off :sigh:

absolutely loving incredible i'm here "for [my] mental and physical health" (although to be fair the spinal guy i found this time around is batting .1000)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Fuckin' revelations from bob tonight y'all

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if its true, it bears repeatin'

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

christ it's been terrible lol

i'm on duloxetine (not even for depression, sciatica) and it's apparently killing my liver. so i went from 60 mg two months ago, 30 mg last month (and got really horrible zaps for about 3 weeks), so when i told my psych about that last week, he put me on 20 mg — the lowest available dosage — and told me to titrate it down to 0 myself. but even stepping down by 10 mg gave me zaps, garbage sleep quality and apparently morning sickness

but it's a loving capsule without granules, it's just a powder. so how the gently caress am i supposed to do that?? lol

and now on top of all of that i gotta deal with the loving panopticon over here. at least from that i learned getting huge mad will trigger some real bad zaps, so i gotta try not to get too pissed off :sigh:

absolutely loving incredible i'm here "for [my] mental and physical health" (although to be fair the spinal guy i found this time around is batting .1000)

:actually: duloxetine is an snri. I'm on 90mg a day, 60 in the morning and 30 in the evening. I feel you on the brain zaps. really am sorry you're having to deal with all this poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

well-read undead posted:

gosh beef i'm sorry your parents are psychopaths, that really sucks

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Beeftweeter posted:

don’t do anything to the cameras. just spend the rest of the time in your room naked and doing unspeakable things

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Roosevelt posted:

don’t do anything to the cameras. just spend the rest of the time in your room naked and doing unspeakable things

:hmmyes:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Branch Nvidian posted:

:actually: duloxetine is an snri. I'm on 90mg a day, 60 in the morning and 30 in the evening. I feel you on the brain zaps. really am sorry you're having to deal with all this poo poo

ah yes it is. i'm still pretty pissed off and on top of that, one withdrawal symptom is disordered thoughts :sigh:

so i'm sorry to hear you're on it too lol. it does wonders for sciatica but apparently the same mechanism that dulls nerve pain made me a weird husk of a person that was apathetic about literally everything. pretending to be my previous self was absolutely exhausting and probably led to my spectacular burn-out (and yes, i feel terrible for putting my wife through all this, she is a wonderful person who absolutely deserves better and i have no idea why she still wants to be with me)

anyway if you've been on it a while you might wanna get your liver enzyme levels checked out, specifically ALT and AST. i'd been on 60-120 mg since 2018 and, well, now i have to watch what i eat and drink because of it :argh:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

way ahead of you

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

ah so it is

i'm sorry to hear you're on it too lol. it does wonders for sciatica but apparently the same mechanism that dulls nerve pain made me a weird husk of a person that was apathetic about literally everything. pretending to be my previous self was absolutely exhausting and probably led to my spectacular burn-out (and yes, i feel terrible for putting my wife through all this, she is a wonderful person who absolutely deserves better and i have no idea why she still wants to be with me)

anyway if you've been on it a while you might wanna get your liver enzyme levels checked out, specifically ALT and AST. i'd been on 60-120 mg since 2018 and, well, now i have to watch what i eat and drink because of it :argh:

good to know! i take it because i have terminal sadbrains, and it's helped me not make them fatal sadbrains. i'm very sorry to hear it has so negatively impacted your mood levels and such, i don't think i'd be able to stay on it if it made things worse for me. i mean, it's not making me super happy-go-lucky or anything, but i'm definitely not in the dark place i was several years ago when i'd been basically just raw dogging major depression episodes with alcohol and terrible mental coping mechanisms for a decade plus. i don't drink hardly at all anymore, maybe once or twice a year i have a glass of something, but i'll be sure to mention the liver enzymes next time i get a blood draw done

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

do that router trick where you replace every jpg on the internet with goatse. the day you leave

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Branch Nvidian posted:

good to know! i take it because i have terminal sadbrains, and it's helped me not make them fatal sadbrains. i'm very sorry to hear it has so negatively impacted your mood levels and such, i don't think i'd be able to stay on it if it made things worse for me. i mean, it's not making me super happy-go-lucky or anything, but i'm definitely not in the dark place i was several years ago when i'd been basically just raw dogging major depression episodes with alcohol and terrible mental coping mechanisms for a decade plus. i don't drink hardly at all anymore, maybe once or twice a year i have a glass of something, but i'll be sure to mention the liver enzymes next time i get a blood draw done

yeah, i feel you there. i feel like it definitely helped stave off fatal sadbrains at complete rock bottom, but looking back it was because i mostly didn't give a poo poo either way (which is definitely weird for me, but of course i didn't realize it). all of this apparently makes me a very interesting psych case so a couple people were consulting on it, and the consensus was that it was probably the duloxetine, which i have to stop now anyway because of the liver stuff

though yeah it just popped up on a routine blood test for my yearly physical. they were only slightly elevated so my primary doc didn't really care, but the spinal guy knew that elevated ALT and AST were a specific side effect of duloxetine, so he ordered another and they were getting further out of range. so he consulted a gastroenterologist, who ordered more tests and consulted someone else, they ordered more tests, blah blah and so over the past 2 months i've had 4 loving blood draws lol, 7 loving vials each

i'm on so many meds i don't drink anymore just because, but yeah if i still did at the level i was at a few years ago i'd probably be on a transplant list by now

but hey i guess there are some benefits to being so hosed up my days are mostly spent in doctors offices

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

polyester concept posted:

do that router trick where you replace every jpg on the internet with goatse. the day you leave

lol the day i leave i'm talking all of my equipment with me. they can try to get by with their lovely t-mobile gateway

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

rotor posted:

gently caress this forever

im so mad about, like, everything

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
what actually happened?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

there aren't any cameras in the bathroom but there's one that's mic'd up right across from it that i didn't know about

of course, the ones i didn't know about are all nannycam style, hidden in normal-ish looking objects. i only found out about those after eggy jumped up on my dad and because he's a cowardly little bitch that's deathly afraid of a 8 lb dog with like 5 teeth total, he showed me a recording from multiple angles

like yeah i knew about the obvious camera they had pointed at their living room couch "to catch intruders" (number of intruders caught in 8 years: zero), the amazon surveillance devices all over the place (number of alexa requests: a billion), the doorbell cam (number of packages stolen: zero) and the back and front house cameras (number of vandals: zero), but not loving hidden ones that also capture audio (number of houseguests: zero)

i was already Big Mad about the cameras and mics i knew about (number of people caught doing anything nefarious at all: zero). but this made me literally all red-faced and sweaty and poo poo, which is extremely out of character

and now i have SSRI brain zaps. goddamnit
wtf

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yes having a big pile of money is useful for at least 3 or 4 different reasons

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

Fuckin' revelations from bob tonight y'all

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

what is my son doing to his anus

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what actually happened?

rotor had to go to work

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm just gonna keep racking up posts like arcade tickets

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

if you accrue enough tickets, you may exchange them for one (1) artisanal hand-crafted chainsaw mushroom

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

what actually happened?

lotta poo poo goin wrong for me rn bob

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

dioxazine posted:

if you accrue enough tickets, you may exchange them for one (1) artisanal hand-crafted chainsaw mushroom

or the funny super-oversized sunglasses. get the sunglasses!!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

condolensces then

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PokeJoe posted:

I tried ring fit adventure and while it was fun the freedom of choice involved w exercise you like + media you like is more likely to have staying power because you can change one at a time instead of both

i 100%ed that game and i think it was Ok

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

what happened to the cabin

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

i 100%ed that game and i think it was Ok