Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
I remember the first time I played this game, with a couple of my female friends. By the end of the second world we took a break in order to, giddy with laughter the entire time, go forth and purchase an entire cake. We felt like having some cake, and somehow all our resistances and practicalities had been worn away over the previous stretch of time. For a moment, it was like what you thought being an adult would be like when you were a child: You are both completely unburdened from all concerns about why you are getting this cake, what you will do with the cake when you are done with it, should you really have a whole cake for three people, is that really a good idea, or the like, while also having the ability to drive to the store and purchase a cake, and no one was able to stop or refuse us. It was a strawberry cake, if I recall, and reasonably good cake, for a supermarket cake.

Anyway, this game is linked permanently in my head to going out and buying a cake for its own sake, because all was right and we were happy, and it had induced a childlike glee in our souls. That's some good stuff.

More relevant to other people's experience of this game, I really like Plessie, and think that all variations on Peach here are cute, but am disappointed that no one has commented on how adorable she is in fireflower mode, with her hair up, but still in her full dress: I always think that a ponytail looks nice on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Chimera-gui posted:

You know, Fire Toad's model in this game looks like Yellow Toad's Fire form from New Super Mario Brothers Wii.

FUN FACT: Fire Peach shares the color schemes of her Super Mario Bros NES sprite! I thought Fire Toad did, too, but nope, it's just the NSMB stuff.

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 27, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

kalonZombie posted:

FUN FACT: Fire Peach shares the color schemes of her Super Mario Bros NES sprite! I thought Fire Toad did, too, but nope, it's just the NSMB stuff.

Speaking of NES based color schemes, Toad's regular one is based of his sprite in Super Mario Bros 2.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 27, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

kalonZombie posted:

Mario Sunshine is a better game than Mario 64 and I will also fight you (in smash bros) over this.

Some parts of Sunshine are better than 64 and I will beat you (in smash bros, original) over this.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
So I was perfectly prepared to come here with a rant of how the Mario games are poo poo that sells only because of nostalgia and has no merit to it whatsoever. Then I watched the video.
And I can't. This game looks just so loving happy.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Dex01 posted:

P.S: Yes, you CAN play the game by yourself without using the Game Pad!

You can play most of the game without the Game Pad but if you're playing without it and try to enter a level that requires touch or blowing like 2-2 it will yell at you and tell you to use a Game Pad if you want to play that level.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
At the end of one of the levels with the scrolling images there was one that had a big black box is that because of a spoiler or because of something rude/vulgar?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Spoilers probably since they are pretty strict with taking down naughty things on Miiverse. You can use any stamps you've gotten to put in messages in any level which is probably what that person did.

Also i must thank you guys for being quiet for the Bowser flagpole music this time! gently caress da haters this game's music is great.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 27, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mercury_Storm posted:

This game looks like a lot of fun. I mean, not "buy a WiiU" fun, but maybe "buy a WiiU if they removed the original Xbox level gigantic tablet controller" fun.

If that's what's stopping you then I suggest trying to find a place that has it on demo so you can try it out IRL (unfortunately I don't know if any demo stands use it instead of a Pro controller, since the screen could easily be damaged by the abuse those demo stands get). I thought it would be unwieldy as well, but the curves underneath fit my hands better than most standard controllers do. Your mileage may vary, people have differently-shaped hands, I just wanted to point out it's not flat like an SNES controller under there.

The only problem I've found is that the thing's heavy enough I can't play while lying down. Most ways of holding it are fine but above my head like that gets tiring after a few minutes, and that's how I'm used to playing 3DS.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah- despite the dumb decision to include the controller at all in the system, the thing is supernaturally comfortable to use for how big and unwieldy it looks. I forget I'm even using something that isn't just a standard controller since it's pretty light as well.

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Oraculum Animi posted:

At the end of one of the levels with the scrolling images there was one that had a big black box is that because of a spoiler or because of something rude/vulgar?

We censored a spoiler. A major spoiler that would ruin the whole game. We both just were like "Really? At world 2 you put that? You rear end."

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Bruceski posted:

The only problem I've found is that the thing's heavy enough I can't play while lying down.

I've never even had that problem as my pillows are arranged to make a slant allowing me to have the Gamepad partially resting on my stomach.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

Meis posted:

please keep abusing toad.

kill toad.

What do you have against Toad? What did toad ever do to you?

Toad is objectively awesome :colbert:

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Hammurabi posted:

What do you have against Toad? What did toad ever do to you?

Toad is objectively awesome :colbert:

Ive just decided that toad committed multiple horrors to them and their family. Its the only explanation.

CinnamonPunishment
May 28, 2014
This is a lovely looking game, and it makes me want to actually buy a Wii U. Curse you!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Vilemoon posted:

We censored a spoiler. A major spoiler that would ruin the whole game.

Wart is the super secret final boss??? :hawaaaafap:

Love this game and loving this lp, keep at it!

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Everything about this so far is great. Right down to you guys making a 360 No-Scope joke, which I was going to make until I saw the latest video. I think I can deal with the lack of a Nuts & Bolts LP in favor of this. :allears:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Great LP so far, 3D World is one of my all-time favorite games. Shame we don't get to see Miiverse ghosts because they don't appear at your first time through a level, though.
As for someone who asked about the timer in this game: I almost ran out of time in every single level during my first play through because I'd always end up loving around and explore every nook and cranny. That being said, I never found a secret exit. drat.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

horriblePencilist posted:

Great LP so far, 3D World is one of my all-time favorite games. Shame we don't get to see Miiverse ghosts because they don't appear at your first time through a level, though.
As for someone who asked about the timer in this game: I almost ran out of time in every single level during my first play through because I'd always end up loving around and explore every nook and cranny. That being said, I never found a secret exit. drat.
Well, the very few that do exist (I think there's, like, three or four, at most, in the whole game?) are REALLY well hidden. Also, OP, you should show some of the attract mode in one of your videos, some of the stuff the characters get up to is quite hilarious, and the day-night cycle changes show off the game's lighting engine really nicely.

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Our favourite game starring everyone's favourite green soldier.

Crosspeice posted:

Wart is the super secret final boss??? :hawaaaafap:

No, but someone DID spoil the final boss by posting a stamp of it to Miiverse in World 2. I was not happy when I was recording.

Dex01 fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 28, 2014

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
Oh my stars and garters, this looks like so much fun, and you two are so adorably happy about it! So much happiness!

(now I want a WiiU, goddamnit...)

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Miiverse is a non-stop source of comedy, both in this game and in general. Never change, Miiverse.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I will hencefort stop viewing this LP until I catch up to you guys...
You actually made me buy a (secondhand, incredibly cheap) Wii U, as well as this game! :neckbeard:

(Oh my god this game is the cutest thing)

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Your Computer posted:

You actually made me buy a (secondhand, incredibly cheap) Wii U, as well as this game! :neckbeard:

(Oh my god this game is the cutest thing)

I honestly think we are going to be selling more Wii Us than nintendo has for the past 6 months.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vilemoon posted:

I honestly think we are going to be selling more Wii Us than nintendo has for the past 6 months.

I literally started looking for a secondhand Wii U the moment I watched the first video :swoon:
I've unfortunately never played the Galaxy games because I both dislike and get motion sickness form the "walking around on spheres" part, so I'm so happy that this game exists!

(oh my god the little butt-wiggle when you're crouching in catform)

Kneefoil
May 10, 2014
Oh poo poo! I never knew that you could go inside a Koopa shell, or that you could pick up potted Piranha Plants. I gotta try those out sometime.

The second video also made me regret that I opted out from seeing Miiverse posts.

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Our favourite game starring everyone's favourite green soldier.

Your Computer posted:

You actually made me buy a (secondhand, incredibly cheap) Wii U, as well as this game!

Yeah! Experiencing this game first hand is amazing, I hope you have fun :)

Kneefoil posted:

The second video also made me regret that I opted out from seeing Miiverse posts.

Never opt out of Miiverse. Miiverse is crucial.

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Dex01 posted:

Yeah! Experiencing this game first hand is amazing, I hope you have fun :)

Number of copies of 3D world sold thanks to this LP: Three... so far.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Join the club, my face is more caved in than your mother.

Vilemoon posted:

Number of copies of 3D world sold thanks to this LP: Three... so far.

You extorted me with your enthusiasm and the fact the game looks so goddamn fun. I can't wait for it to arrive :swoon:. Will you have another part out before Saturday?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Dex01 posted:

I think you can turn on Miiverse in options, am I remembering right?

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Dice_ posted:

You extorted me with your enthusiasm and the fact the game looks so goddamn fun. I can't wait for it to arrive :swoon:. Will you have another part out before Saturday?

We just released a part, so probably like tuesday or monday until another update. We are trying to stick to a "once a week" schedule.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
As soon as the slide remix in the first video started, I closed it. I can't watch anymore without playing the game myself. You sold me on it and now I have to save up for a Wii U. Good luck on the LP :)

Pompitous
Nov 4, 2009

Space Cowboy
I'm really impressed by this so far. You've run through in about an hour what took me a few days when I first got this game, so anyone thinking this looks like a pretty easy game should realize that this is being done by someone who knows exactly what they're doing. Not to say that these first levels are that hard, but I found that there were a few places where I died to the greatest 3D platforming enemy of them all, the camera.

Also, I think this is the first time in the 30 or so years that the Mario Bros. have been super that they have a job related quest. The Sprixies are pretty much plumbing fairies.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
The differences between this game and Super Mario WiiU or whatever that lackluster one was called are really stark. This game has charm and recaptures that simple Mario charm all over again.

Also, 100% run eh? Looks like you're taking Diabetus' place as the 2 year Mario LPer.

Skapegoat
Feb 18, 2011
Hey Dex01, just wanted you to know that I picked up a Wii U (and 3D World) because of your LP. I guess Nintendo owes you some $.

I guess I make it 4 Copies sold due to this LP.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Does double cherry pass spit out an extra cherry for every person playing? Can one person collect all the cherries? Can there be thirteen Peaches at once?

EDIT: Nope, I did some Science and there's a limit of five player characters onscreen at a time. You can get 4 Peaches and a Luigi, but not 7 Peaches and a Luigi.

curiousTerminal fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 30, 2014

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Oh my god this game is so charming! So glad I decided to venture out beyond my comfortable bookmarks folder and found this thread.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Hi just chiming in to say this thread sold another Wii U (to me) (with mario kart 8 and 3d world)

Kneefoil
May 10, 2014

Dex01 posted:

I now see the error of my ways.

Chimera-gui posted:

I think you can turn on Miiverse in options, am I remembering right?
Yeah, you can. I'll probably do it the next time I play the game. I still want to 100% it some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Kneefoil posted:

I now see the error of my ways.

Yeah, you can. I'll probably do it the next time I play the game. I still want to 100% it some day.

Yeah, this LP both inspired me to turn miiverse back on, and 100% it. It's so fun, and surprisingly long.

• Locked thread