Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
SUPER SAMURAI UPDATE

As GD posted above, Japan played Zambia earlier. It was a pretty bonkers game. The third Zambian goal was a deflection which nothing could be done about, but the first two were defensively suspect. On the other hand Japan held up pretty well to the African Athleticism© that Ivory Coast are likely to use, and had true ganbarre spirit.

Worrying for samurai buruu--- though, on the news here this evening they said Honda's aggravated a knock that he's been suffering from (not AIDS as I speculated in other threads) and while he won't be missing the cup he won't be 100% for at least the first games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
He hasn't played at 100% for over a year so what's new?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

hadji murad posted:

He hasn't played at 100% for over a year so what's new?

Yeah and he's been a bit garbage since the confederations cup where he was amazing.

Will be having an Asian style rooting section for Glorious Nippon tomorrow regardless.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Looking forward to tomorrow evening! Going to the bar with my wife to root for the Samurai Blue!

Going to definitely be rooting for a Colombia/Greece draw earlier in the day

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
My wife is a quarter Japanese so any children we have could play for them. Therefore I feel no shame as a white American rooting for Japan in my kagawa Japan jersey

dcseankun
Jun 17, 2005

suck my diiiiick, i'm a catshaaark!!!

Tzen posted:

Looking forward to tomorrow evening! Going to the bar with my wife to root for the Samurai Blue!

Going to definitely be rooting for a Colombia/Greece draw earlier in the day

Ganbare!

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

japan i need to do well and do asia proud okay thanks

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Waifus going wooop

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

god damnit japan

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:sigh: Japan...

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
My hero Didi!

Japan boom bust cycle busting hard!!!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

guess they werent such lucky stars tonight. lmao owned

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
did the Japanese mistake Drogba for Godzilla? pure loving panic when he came on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That Honda goal was really nice, shame about the result.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Eau de MacGowan posted:

did the Japanese mistake Drogba for Godzilla? pure loving panic when he came on.

Understandable when deploying Mothra didn't get results.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Drogzilla.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
imperialist pig dogs, you got owned by the might of les éléphants, i'm sorry for your ilk

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

japan sucks yall

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...st-9539793.html

at least these garbagemen did their job after the match

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tetsman posted:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...st-9539793.html

at least these garbagemen did their job after the match

Typical Japanese taking hard-working American's jobs

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
It's a big role reversal where the Japanese do the hot, smelly jobs then go back to their home country.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

my stepdads beer posted:

japan i need to do well and do asia proud okay thanks

Iran is there to do that, my friend. Japan will be down and out soon enough.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Well England are hosed, HARO BAKU UPU TEAMUDUDU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

okay im pumped for this now

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i wish japan well in their world cup adventure :unsmith: *

*not because I like anime

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Let's go Japan!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

So uh, Japan is out unless Greece can win against Ivory Coast. Which means Greece would have to score at least one (1) goal.

Book those flights home I guess.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah they're boned.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I see big Zac is up to his old tricks of being terrible.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Katana Gomai posted:

So uh, Japan is out unless Greece can win against Ivory Coast. Which means Greece would have to score at least one (1) goal.

Book those flights home I guess.

Couldn't they go through with a draw in that match and a sufficient GD?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

420DD Butts posted:

Couldn't they go through with a draw in that match and a sufficient GD?

When two teams have the same amount of points in a WC group, the first tie breaker is the match played between them (not GD), which Ivory Coast won.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!

Katana Gomai posted:

When two teams have the same amount of points in a WC group, the first tie breaker is the match played between them (not GD), which Ivory Coast won.

No it's not. Goal difference followed by goals scored and then only match played between.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

mrg220t posted:

No it's not. Goal difference followed by goals scored and then only match played between.

lmao you're right. I thought FIFA used the same (superior) format UEFA does for EURO and CL/EL groups. Guess the glorious Nihon still has a chance if they beat Colombia high enough (lol)

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!

Katana Gomai posted:

lmao you're right. I thought FIFA used the same (superior) format UEFA does for EURO and CL/EL groups. Guess the glorious Nihon still has a chance if they beat Colombia high enough (lol)

Teams in the World Cup are supposed to be good enough so gd is good enough. One reason head to head is good for the el/cl is due to those lovely league teams inflating the scores.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Sad to see Japan go. Defensively they were frail and it was obvious they were going to get ripped apart on the counter, but on the other hand, anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Machinegunboyo posted:

Sad to see Japan go. Defensively they were frail and it was obvious they were going to get ripped apart on the counter, but on the other hand, anime

looks like team Zacheroni is blasting off again!

• Locked thread