Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
Some games include a boss that heals itself.
I tend to stop playing those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Taint Reaper posted:

My first play through of dark souls I got lost and wound up in the valley of dragons running for my life from the undead dragon and the electric blue ones. I get to the campfire in the old tower thinking I'm safe but then I run into the black knight with a lance. The guy charges at me and winds up falling off a cliff without ever hitting me and I got his lance which was like 20 minutes in.

I made capra demon my bitch I was no longer afraid, it was all thanks to that lance.

I got the Black Knight Sword an had a similar story on my Capra Demon fight

then the next run was a mage and lol mages

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
The dumb MYSTERIOUS LITTLE GIRL in FFIV: The After Years who shows up in every chapter and you're supposed to beat her half the time and half the time just die or stall until plot.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Boss fights that aren't actually fights but QTEs.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

The DEUS EX from E.Y.E.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Any boss where you had to fight with Gimped Samson in Beyond the Beyond

That whole game was frustrating to me because I was so stoked when I saw it when I first got my PS1 back in the day and it, much like anything Camelot touches, was pretty crappy

I still have the game, case, strat guide and have thought about doing a screenshot LP since the only other one of it was done by a gay rapist but I'm not sure I can handle that much Camelot in one sitting

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Bill at the end of Kill Bill Volume 2. Dude's so easy to beat even though he's been the strongest character throughout the whole thing.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Fighting the Nihilists in The Big Lebowski. I can never get past that part without losing one of my characters.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
The toilet boss from Game of Thrones.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

LordHippoman posted:

The dumb MYSTERIOUS LITTLE GIRL in FFIV: The After Years who shows up in every chapter and you're supposed to beat her half the time and half the time just die or stall until plot.

this game is mediocre garbage and managed to ruin ff 1 through 6

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

any boss you defeat multiple times but keeps getting away like beatrice in FF9 and scarecrow in arkham asylum

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ekster posted:

any boss you defeat multiple times but keeps getting away like beatrice in FF9 and scarecrow in arkham asylum

sorry but scarecrow owned

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It was very satisfying to not only defeat robot lady in Wild Arms 2 but to also get her in your party after several battles that were a pain in the rear end

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

self doubt in Siddharta

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my friend craig in niddhogg

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Any fighting game final boss.

The final boss of Doom 3. I saved all that BFG ammo for nothing.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The fuckin Colossus from Risk of Rain cuz whenever I get to him the difficulty's really high so he spawns these jellyfish nonstop that have tons of health and nearly kill me instantly.

Also Henry in Hard Mode on No More Heroes. I like the fight but on Hard Mode you literally have to hit him over a thousand times (with maximum strength) if you dont get lucky with suplexes. He can one shot you and he's invincible most of the time so you can only hit him 3 or 4 times when he's vulnerable.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The last guy in Jet Force Gemini. If you don't have at least 40 rockets on the main character you literally can't win. There are finite rocket ammo packs and the other characters can pick them up so it's possible to gently caress yourself permanently. And there's no ammo in the final fight so if you run out you're done, reset the game.

Also gently caress bosses with invincibility patterns that last forever. This pisses me off so much in Japanese games like MGS. And gently caress bosses with super long animations. The final guy in DK Returns is a throwback to the final boss in DK '94 and it's super annoying watching these assholes do their sinister laugh animation or bob around in the background.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Fenrir posted:

DS version isn't a port, it's a serious remake in 3D with a lot of different poo poo and a lot of the abilities are changed. I'd recommend playing the SNES version if you want the easy US version, or find a translation patch (there are like 3) for the original japanese ROM if you want anything that even remotely resembles a challenge. Or get the PSP version because it owns, but it also fixes a lot of the fun glitches.

Overall I'd say the PSP version is the best, but if you want to do silly poo poo and exploit MP underflow, crystal warp, and poo poo like that, just play US SNES.
What the gently caress is wrong with the PSX version?

Margulis in Xenosaga episode 1. You can lose that battle or spend an hour having a 1 on 1.

Salabog can eat a bag of dicks. More HP than the next few bosses and invincibility periods.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

that fucker cold snap in diablo 3

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro

This guy was kind of a pain.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
kraken in the final fantasy III remake can suck a million dicks

pretty much every boss in that game sucks rear end but kraken is just insufferable

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SGR posted:

this game is mediocre garbage and managed to ruin ff 1 through 6

It was like playing someone's FF fangame in RPG Maker.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
loving blooper in mario 1-3. what a shithead

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Scalding Coffee posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with the PSX version?
--loading--

Well, it's got

--loading--

A lot of

--loading--

Load time pro

--loading--

blems

Peanut and the Gang posted:

The toilet boss from Game of Thrones.

bullshit that boss was easy, it just takes one shot from the crossbow

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
i hated the 2nd liquid fight in mgs because its stupid

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Fenrir posted:

--loading--

Well, it's got

--loading--

A lot of

--loading--

Load time pro

--loading--

blems

bullshit that boss was easy, it just takes one shot from the crossbow
I only had loading issues with Chrono Trigger and FFVI. FFIV actually loaded faster than normal.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

The final boss of harvest moon 64 was a real bitch

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Peanut and the Gang posted:

You're OK man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Zu in La Mulana in the Twin Labyrinths. What a piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread