Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I too make music for the sole goal of being rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
BombTheMusicIndustry

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Uncle Wemus posted:

pirates do steal a lot of money from musicians

but nothing compared to what the record companies steal

A million times this. I know some big bands getting 8% and less of music sales. Several labels also love to front you money to tour, and somehow it's always just a bit more than the tour actually pays so you're perpetually in hock to the company store. I've had friends come home to their company owned homes from tours of the US and Europe and then sit around eating Ramen wondering where the money went. The music industry is so scummy, music pirates are on the side of the angels on a sliding scale.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretty brave to post a gbs 1.0 thread in the glorious paradise of post-2.1, op.

basically what im saying is :frogout:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
supporting oneself through making music is a fine thing to do but I don't feel the gov should subsidize it by enforcing copyright law

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do
'Beeswax cylinders are going to ruin the music industry'

'Vinyl record recordings will ruin the music industry'

'Cassette tapes are going to ruin the music industry'

'Cds and CD burners are going to ruin the music industry'

'The Internet is going to ruin the music industry'

Isn't it incredible how long a dying industry is able to cling to life, just for mercy's sake I think we should finally put it out of its misery.

Valk
Aug 12, 2011

PhantomBowie tapped this @$$
This idiot is from my hometown which makes sense because it's full of dumb people.

I am still living here send help.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

No. 6 posted:

I too make music for the sole goal of being rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLZpxVI7Pa8

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
But Lars told me to download it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyNyqXrJPCU

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

if i was a real pirate i'd make this song walk the plank

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The cyber future will reduce corporate middlemen to shambles as artists distribute and promote their work on their own terms

#cisscum

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Australia.seems prettu kickass YouTube should Mice there so we.can exploit music more

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
music literally didn't exist before commercial rock music

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Oh! I love it! Put ads in between/in the middle of tracks so they have to listen to ads even if they download it! Brilliant! Every single album ever released could be rereleased with a modern take with ads inserted. The earning potential is infinite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Coldplay did it again! Yellow, Viva la Vida. The smash hits just keep on rolling!

• Locked thread