Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fabricated posted:

considering that Eminem is from Detroit and Drake is from fuckin Toronto, no

i'm thinking that pandora is based on the "music genome project", right? i bet those guys are anal-retentive enough that they'd include geographical designations for "the $location sound" when it could be used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

prefect posted:

does pandora know anything about geography? the more i think about it, the more i would believe it

yeah, they just like trolling people who only want to listen to music from one city

e: which tbh is a good reason to troll people

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
c pandora s: "sing a simple song" -- the last time i took bass lessons, this was the first (or one of the first) songs the teacher showed me. i had been unaware of just how great sly and the family stone were :blush:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

prefect posted:

i'm thinking that pandora is based on the "music genome project", right? i bet those guys are anal-retentive enough that they'd include geographical designations for "the $location sound" when it could be used
I dunno if they removed it but if you still can see if you can check "Why Pandora Recommended This Song For You"; if its still there it'll explain exactly why it did.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Werthog 95 posted:

seriously what is a Bay Area station
one of the radio stations around here did a weekend focusing on local music a while ago

"here's one now!" *plays Journey*

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

slip proof stairs posted:

yeah, they just like trolling people who only want to listen to music from one city

e: which tbh is a good reason to troll people

I based a station on Godspeed you! black emperor once and let it run for a while, after six days of on again off again listening it started playing Chili Peppers. Pandora is one big troll

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

qirex posted:

no it's rap music from the san francisco bay area which is probably why I was mad they keep recommending eminem and drake go in it

what makes san francisco bay rap music better than other rap music

Apr 7, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

You can make eye contact with San Francisco Rap while you walk down the street because it's non-threatening.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Citizen Tayne posted:

You can make eye contact with San Francisco Rap while you walk down the street because it's non-threatening.

how can you make eye contact when you need to be looking down to avoid stepping in bum poop

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

Werthog 95 posted:

seriously what is a Bay Area station

it's music from bands who have raised at least one series A round of funding

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

lmao

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

what other kinds of poop are there?!?

you're postings

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Werthog 95 posted:

it's not better it's just silly music I like to put on sometimes, I enjoy many kinds of raps from all over the world [except hong kong, cantonese is a tonal languages and it's really hard to sound good]

Citizen Tayne posted:

no this is mostly east bay stuff, not the artists whose shows look like a valencia street brunch line

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

it's music from bands who have raised at least one series A round of funding

:newlol:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

whatever happened to last.fm

last.fm became poo poo when they decied "hey, so instead of playing all songs from our servers, we're just going to pull everything from youtube, because gently caress you" for all free users

pandora + hola (thanks Canada for being poo poo with internets) is the best

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
for a long time pandora didn't work in my office, so thanks to whoever changed the firewall setting to let pandora actually loving work.

oh well, if it fucks up again, I always got the app on my phone

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it is kind of funny to me that youtube has a way bigger selection of music than any dedicated music service [minus the artists who are jerks and get their stuff scrubbed from youtube]

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Migishu posted:

last.fm became poo poo when they decied "hey, so instead of playing all songs from our servers, we're just going to pull everything from youtube, because gently caress you" for all free users

pandora + hola (thanks Canada for being poo poo with internets) is the best

i like last.fm for the core audioscrobbler service to track what i've been listening to. i also like it sometimes to recommend new stuff based on what i listen to instead of what i say i want

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i like last.fm for music recommendations in unpopular genres although half the stuff they recommend is bedroom recorders that arent even on itunes

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

http://tunein.com/station/?StationId=53126

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

who was that yosposter that used to host a late night internet radio show with his bird?

Apr 7, 2003

who was that yosposter that used to host a late night internet radio show with his bird?

That was me.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

qirex posted:

people who think there's one right way to do everything usually have very bad taste, yes

but i present to u steve jorbs

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
spotify radio suits my needs, op

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

I unironically enjoy janitoring my mp3s

I zone out and it's like meditating

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

i use rdio and it's cool. their radio stuff isn't great but at least they seem to abide by your dislikes and dont play that stuff again.

i just got a pair of mdr-7506s and they're cool and good.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

itunes radio serves my needs

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

I unironically enjoy janitoring my mp3s

I zone out and it's like meditating

you're a fubar2k user aren't you? you probably have some fuckin sweet ID3 tags up in that collection of yours.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Glans Dillzig posted:

spotify radio suits my needs, op

hmm your needs are loving garbage gtfo

pram
Jun 10, 2001

jooky posted:

good man

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

heh, lossy compression [although I use pandora occasionally my home collection is all lossless like a true audio sperg]

jooky posted:

a good headphone

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

pram posted:

hmm your needs are loving garbage gtfo

perhaps u should spring for premium

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

you're a fubar2k user aren't you? you probably have some fuckin sweet ID3 tags up in that collection of yours.

right now i'm using a program called "Album Art Downloader" to make sure i have album art for all of my albums

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Did You Know: you can prevent pandora ads with a javascript blocker

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

jooky posted:

i use rdio and it's cool. their radio stuff isn't great but at least they seem to abide by your dislikes and dont play that stuff again.

i signed up for rdio, but i've never gotten around to actually trying it out :shrug:

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

right now i'm using a program called "Album Art Downloader" to make sure i have album art for all of my albums

respect knuckles. i always made sure they were at least 500x500.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

That was me.

hey that was cool. you should do that again. how is ur bird?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
adblock plus blocks spotify ads on teh web player hehe

Apr 7, 2003

hey that was cool. you should do that again. how is ur bird?

Very raw and red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the spotify android app radio is incredibly awful.

oh that was a good song that just finished playing? though poo poo there isn't a back button or any way to see what the track was.

• Locked thread