Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I never thought McCoy was bad, those browns teams were real bad and then they tried to scramble his brains and he never got to play anywhere else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ryan Mathews is 50/50 to play this week.

Oh please oh please

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens/Bengals game from last week reminded me of a very similar game between the two teams in 2007. That game was 27-20 this one was 27-24. In that game the Bengals led for most of it then Ed Reed scored a punt return TD and the Ravens took the lead by one. But the Bengals came right back and scored. The Ravens had the game tying TD really late called back due to offensive pass interference too and iirc that one was a lot worse than this one in that it shouldn't have been called.

But it's just weird how similar those two games were.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

For real guys I already have a Schaub Texans' jersey, I need to collect weird QB jerseys. How much are Kyle Orton jerseys.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

wtftastic posted:

For real guys I already have a Schaub Texans' jersey, I need to collect weird QB jerseys. How much are Kyle Orton jerseys.

Why is that weird? A Schaub Falcons or Raiders jersey is weird, not the team he started on for years.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

wtftastic posted:

I don't know that Schaub's jersey is really weird per se. Now if you had Sage Rosenfels or Tony Banks...

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
This thread title is so pro

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

I don't know that Schaub's jersey is really weird per se. Now if you had Sage Rosenfels or Tony Banks...

Schaub Falcons jersey

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Ozu posted:

No one is getting traded but rumors are fun.

@NFLSTROUD
#Bucs will consider offers for two former first-RD picks: RB Doug Martin and S Mark Barron as trade deadline approaches.

The rumor was always that the Giants wanted Martin and settled for David Wilson when he was drafted in front of them.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

excidium posted:

Why is that weird? A Schaub Falcons or Raiders jersey is weird, not the team he started on for years.

Intruder posted:

I got it the year before they completely melted down and I wore it for like 3 or 4 games. Now I have no idea what to do with it. Wear it while I watch Texans games? Wear it when Schaub gets to play for the Raiders (poorly)?

(I partly also meant weird as in: they are strange people.)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

davecrazy posted:

The rumor was always that the Giants wanted Martin and settled for David Wilson when he was drafted in front of them.

Bucs, we have this...Peyton Hillis

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

My god...is that Greg Hardy's music?!?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iOpUdsMeqM

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
A guy I knew who worked for nfl networks (has since moved on) told me that there are tons of trade offers made around the league but nobody ever pulls the trigger because people don't budge. Think of miami with indy. Indy called and offered a 5 for vontae - it moved to 2/6. Seems like lots of teams call and iffer low and the rare thing is when two sides budge

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The NFL trade deadline is lame. It's so rare that anything cool happens :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ehud posted:

The NFL trade deadline is lame. It's so rare that anything cool happens :(

I'm hoping for order to be restored in the land and Sanchez to be traded for Vick straight-up

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Some Cincinnati magazine wrote an article about the history of the Browns. During the Bungles-era Bengals, Mike Brown was "charging players for breakfast at the stadium; taking agents out to lunch at Wendy’s when negotiating player contracts; providing such low-quality locker room towels that in the mid-’90s, running back Ki-Jana Carter paid out of his own pocket to replace the team linens". The cheapness is truly astounding.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The first thing the Wilf's did when they bought the Vikings was install air conditioning in the weight room. Not replace -- install, because Red McCombs did not want to pay for anything while owning the team. Cheap owners are assholes.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Some reddit poster compiled a bunch of gifs of Khalil Mack single-handedly destroying the Browns.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2kky68/in_case_you_missed_khalil_mack_annihilating_the/

He's also PFF's top rated 3-4 OLB, ahead of Justin Houston, despite not technically having a sack yet. He's going to be amazing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Boner Jams watching Mack play

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ozu posted:

Some reddit poster compiled a bunch of gifs of Khalil Mack single-handedly destroying the Browns.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2kky68/in_case_you_missed_khalil_mack_annihilating_the/

He's also PFF's top rated 3-4 OLB, ahead of Justin Houston, despite not technically having a sack yet. He's going to be amazing.

Why did they keep putting the TE one-on-one on him :psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jordan Cameron could miss the next 2 weeks with his concussion

The (Steelers) will win the division

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

That's football

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
holy cats how old is Berman? He's putting a whole new spin on the "with leather" thing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The hot Twitter rumor going around is that Doug Martin was traded to the Dolphins

Not sure how that makes sense for either side but sure okay

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Vertical Lime posted:

That's football

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Benne posted:

The hot Twitter rumor going around is that Doug Martin was traded to the Dolphins

Not sure how that makes sense for either side but sure okay
loving radios hosts man. Although that Mettenberger one turned out to be right.

@GeorgeKurtz
Doug Martin has been traded from TB to Miami
That Martin trade may not be finalized yet, hold the phone on that
The trade for Martin didn't happen, I jumped the gun on that one, my apologies.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
The only trade I would like to see the Rams make is to trade away all players and coaches to the broncos for all their players and coaches. A fair and even trade I'd say.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Of course it's a false rumor. The NFL trade deadline loving sucks.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

The NFL trade deadline loving sucks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers got Chris Chambers at the trade deadline once. That ruled.

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 28, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Champ Bailey has officially retired. Thanks for the memories Champ, I'm sorry you never got to a Super Bowl.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Benne posted:

Champ Bailey has officially retired. Thanks for the memories Champ, I'm sorry you never got to a Super Bowl.

Wasn't he on the Broncos last year?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

DangerKat posted:

They never showed up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DangerKat posted:

Knowing how that game went, he may as well not have been :haw:

But yeah, sorry you never won a Super Bowl Champ.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think Broncos fans have erased that game from memory.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!

Benne posted:

Yeah, I'll miss him. Sucks about that SB appearance though. Wish he had just one :(

GobiasIndustries posted:

I think Broncos fans have erased that game from memory.

what game

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

:agreed:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

:byewhore:

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Quick Reads Week 8, in which Ben Roethlisberger has the 3rd-best single-game DYAR ever: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/week-8-quick-reads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oshuaj posted:

Quick Reads Week 8, in which Ben Roethlisberger has the 3rd-best single-game DYAR ever: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/week-8-quick-reads
1st QB to get 2 500 yd games too :psyduck:

And was 33 yds short of having the all time passing yds in a game record, if only Bryant caught that pass for that 77 yd touchdown.

But was not the first football player to get away with rape

• Locked thread